Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suitcase of puppies dumped at heuston station

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

jesus christ... words fail me :eek::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Some people are heartless bastards. Least they could have done was left them in boxes outside a rescue if they couldn't face the rescue, instead of leaving them to suffocate in a suitcase in a train station where they were lucky to be found. Least the pups are safe but I fear for the poor mother, wonder what state she's in, no doubt will be back in pup on the next heat. Hope they are caught and get what they deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Ffs.... Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

oh jesus, that is sickening. I really hope they find the scumbags that dumped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Some people are heartless bastards. Least they could have done was left them in boxes outside a rescue if they couldn't face the rescue, instead of leaving them to suffocate in a suitcase in a train station where they were lucky to be found. Least the pups are safe but I fear for the poor mother, wonder what state she's in, no doubt will be back in pup on the next heat. Hope they are caught and get what they deserve.

Oh so do I let me tell you, sadly castration cannot be considered for the bastards that did this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I remember back in the 80s this was very common practice as well as in a bin bag in the river, lucky enough someone found them and would usually rehome them with the neighours but this too has changed. I cant count the amount of times people found abandoned litters.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That is disgraceful, how could anyone be so heartless. If you cant look after them bring them to a rescue or pound. I hope they catch them and make an example of them :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I'm sickened by this, i can never understand the people that do this, wtf is wrong with them? Poor little defenceless puppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fatfacee

This breaks my heart:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I would gladly do prison time if i got my hands on the piece of **** that did that .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

There should be full CCTV coverage of that area.
    I'm sure they could be tracked down.
    Also, if they came by Luas, they're fully CCTV covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

The Person the did has some problems but.
    I have read the Husky thread and people say we need to know the full story but here the person is the devil.
    They could have killed the pups and left it at that but who ever left the them there wanted them to live.
    The only phone box out side Heuston Station that I know that you might not be seen is 20 feet from the Liffey so why not just throw the case in the Liffey.
    They may have been ringing that phone many times from where they could see it until someone found the pups.

Heuston.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WTF is wrong with people??!! :mad: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

People really do need to get their dogs spayed and neutered. Sad story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,428 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Had to link the article to my FB.

Everyone should do so. Somebody saw it - they must have.

noodler wrote: »
    Had to link the article to my FB.

Everyone should do so. Somebody saw it - they must have.
    How will that help.
    The person must have problems to start with.
    They could have killed the pups but they took them to a busy place and they were saved.
    It is sad that this kind of thing still happens here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I really hope they DON'T get caught. At least they were in a suitcase at a luas stop rather than a bag further up the Liffey!

If they are caught and a big hula-baloo is made that will be the next lot. The DSPCA should have said this is disgracful but drop them in and get you dog neutered rather than you will be found and punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭LorraineMcFly

Absolutely horrible but at least they are alive. The person could have easily drowned them. So in the end they are ok and alive and will get good homes hopefully. The person is awful but at same time puppies are alive and this could have been alot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

At least there were no controlled explosions of abandoned luggage. In the UK I reckon that would have come first.

I dont get why the owner waited for them to be malnourished and worm-ridden before abandoning them. Why not give them up immediately?

Also I might be missing something but does it cost money to bring unwanted animals to the pound or something?
    Our current dog we got from the pound, and the first we adopted from an abusive family after he ran away. I have friends who've done similar so a pound is no death sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I don't understand why people are saying the owner shouldn't be punished, in fact that they should be congratulated for not drowning them! The pups were malnourished and worm ridden, which probably means the mother wasn't being fed enough and didn't produce enough milk and neither the mother nor the pups were wormed. That in itself is a reason to push for an animal cruelty charge. Then to squash the pups tightly into a closed black holdall with no food, water or air and to put that black holdall into a closed suitcase with again no air. If this person really had any compassion and wanted them to be found alive they would have opened the holdall and the top of the suitcase to at least allow air in.

Why should someone be given a pat on the back for carrying out a slightly less severe crime but a crime nonetheless? Is it really acceptable to dump malnourished, worm riddled pups at a train station to die of suffocation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

have to agree. there was every chance that the pups could have died in that suitcase. owner didnt give a crap and possibly the phone booth was just the first place they saw. scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

And still animals and pets are seen as 'things'. I'm disgusted with the person, who did that to the poor puppies :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

fluffer wrote: »
    At least there were no controlled explosions of abandoned luggage. In the UK I reckon that would have come first.

That's the first thing I thought. An abandoned suitcase in a train station will often be treated as dangerous. And it's not like an explosives detection sniffer dog wouldn't have had a strong reaction to a bag of pups.

Advertisement