Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamsat 2013

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Hypnos

j.mcdrmd wrote: »
    According to the CAO list RCSI issued no offers in either round 1 or round 2 to GEM's. Could they have filled all places in Round 0 or am I missing something?

Don't know why RCSI decided to be special on that list. The other GradMed Uni's have the points up.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭demure

Hypnos wrote: »
    Don't know why RCSI decided to be special on that list. The other GradMed Uni's have the points up.

Maybe there were no round 1/2 ....?

demure wrote: »
    Maybe there were no round 1/2 ....?

There is round 0 and round 1. I don't round 2 is official in GEMs. Maybe it's individual. I know that qualifax.ie always displays the round 1 score for GEM and CAO round 0. It is possible that the points didn't move at all!

Last year (Round 0):

- RCSI 59*
    - UCD 58

Round 1

- RCSI 59
    - UCD 57*

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭j.mcdrmd

Hypnos wrote: »
    There is round 0 and round 1. I don't round 2 is official in GEMs. Maybe it's individual. I know that qualifax.ie always displays the round 1 score for GEM and CAO round 0. It is possible that the points didn't move at all!

Last year (Round 0):

- RCSI 59*
    - UCD 58

Round 1

- RCSI 59
    - UCD 57*

Points for GEM 2013 offer rounds , as far as I can find are:-

Round 0
    UCC 56*
    UCD 58*
    UL 53*
    RCSI 57*

Round 1
    UCC 56*
    UCD 57*
    UL 53*
    RCSI blank

Round 2
    UCC 56*
    UCD 57*
    UL blank
    RCSI blank

"blank" does not mean that the points stayed the same, it means that no offer of a place was made to a candidate in that round.
    * means that random selection was used to offer places to candidates on the same points.

So it would appear that RCSI GEM course was full after round 0 and UL GEM course was full after round 1. Both UCC and UCD offered places in all three rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

j.mcdrmd wrote: »
    Round 2
    UCC 56*
    UCD 57*
    UL blank
    RCSI blank

"blank" does not mean that the points stayed the same, it means that no offer of a place was made to a candidate in that round.
    * means that random selection was used to offer places to candidates on the same points.

So it would appear that RCSI GEM course was full after round 0 and UL GEM course was full after round 1. Both UCC and UCD offered places in all three rounds.

Might it be due to people still waiting on approval from banks? So they may not know whether they have funding or not as yet, in which case they cannot decline their place so not available to offer on to next candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 zeitsif

Anyone else waiting to hear about loans?

I'm still waiting myself, bit head wrecking but plan to go to UCD on Wednesday anyway

zeitsif wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting to hear about loans?

I'm still waiting myself, bit head wrecking but plan to go to UCD on Wednesday anyway

Relax buddy :) I'm going in Wednesday too. I didn't hear from the banks yet. Well the didn't reject you straight off so the wait is a positive sign for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zeitsif

yeah same, wait could be a good thing :), sure we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rc11

Anyone in ul waiting to hear about loans?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and I was wondering if anybody could set up a new thread for UL GEM 2014? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭trendy88

Just curious did anyone get into cork last year on 55 in subsequent rounds? I seen somewhere on the CAO site that it went down to 54* but other sources seem to contradict this?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 strangeweather

trendy88 wrote: »
    Just curious did anyone get into cork last year on 55 in subsequent rounds? I seen somewhere on the CAO site that it went down to 54* but other sources seem to contradict this?

Yes it certainly went to 54. Several people that had already started in Limerick got offers in the first and second week of term.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tk09aag

Can anyone who sat the GAMSAT 2013 provide a percentile curve please. Trying to compare it to 2014 to see if I stand a chance of making medical school this year?

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 19 face_plant

tk09aag wrote: »
    Can anyone who sat the GAMSAT 2013 provide a percentile curve please. Trying to compare it to 2014 to see if I stand a chance of making medical school this year?

Thanks very much

I can't attach pictures or insert clickable links but copy and paste this link to the 2013 curve:

i.imgur.com/EG2aZ5M.png

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

tk09aag wrote: »

Thanks very much

Would you not post the 2014 so we could all compare them?

I tried bit it won't let me because I am a"new user" apparently!

But they are more or less the same! 2014 ever so slightly better...

Does any know of the 2013 folk know roughly how many people applied for gem in 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 NCOL

Does anyone have any predictions about scores needed for UCC this year?

I would say it's going to stay the same as last year. Depending on the number of applicants! I know there is an overall decrease in the number of applicants this year but it doesn't specify Grad med!

Im terms of gamsat, it's a tricky one because the maximum score this year is a lot higher than last year's score but the average seems to be the same so I would say the gamsat won't affect the scoring too much.

Anyone with more information

Advertisement