Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Canada info

Options
  • 23-04-2012 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Any people who live here care to respond, so many threads on the IEC. Just arrived yesterday and staying with 2 friends from back home atm but they aren't cheapskates wise spenders like myself.

Anyway what's the best bank account to open? They are with RBC and said they pay $13-18 in chargers per month.

Also who is the best phone company?

Best place to buy food, I'm in Vancouver they are shopping in Whole Market Foods which seems expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

RasTa wrote: »
    Any people who live here care to respond, so many threads on the IEC. Just arrived yesterday and staying with 2 friends from back home atm but they aren't cheapskates wise spenders like myself.

Anyway what's the best bank account to open? They are with RBC and said they pay $13-18 in chargers per month.

Also who is the best phone company?

Best place to buy food, I'm in Vancouver they are shopping in Whole Market Foods which seems expensive.

I am also a wise spender! And Canadian :)
    I bank with TD - I think for an account with unlimited transactions (infinity acct) its about 13-14/month. Accounts with less flexibility are cheaper. TD is awesome because it's open late, and weekends.

I used Koodo and I love it. I would highly recommend it for people wanting to call/text internationally. You can get unlimited texting - and this unlimited texting includes texting to international numbers - I LOVE THAT! Most other companies charge about a dollar/text. You can also pay two dollars a month and get long distance calling back to Ireland for 4/cents a minute. This was a godsend when my boyfriend and I were long distance. The service coverage is also awesome as they are a sister company of Telus (one of the biggest phone companies in Canada)

I haven't heard of Whole Market Foods.. but I live in Alberta. Superstore is cheap, walmart as well. If you guys are living together it might be worth it to get a costco member ship (~50 bucks) and shop wholesale.. amazing prices on bulk items.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement