Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need tv connection for my pc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Any1 know anythin about tv tuners?:)

Sorry for z bump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Are you planning on recording with the TV tuner or do you just want to show video from the UPC box?

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Are you planning on recording with the TV tuner or do you just want to show video from the UPC box?

Yeah well i`ll be recording programes on the upc box so i guess i won`t need to record with the tuner since the upc box does everything? records/ff/rw/pause

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

darego wrote: »

Yeah well i`ll be recording programes on the upc box so i guess i won`t need to record with the tuner since the upc box does everything? records/ff/rw/pause

I was looking at buying this

Itll support both dvb-s2 and dvb-t2 it only has one of each so recording is out but if you want recording then there is more expensive ones on the site which te dual

• Advertisement

U_Fig wrote: »
    darego wrote: »

I was looking at buying this

Itll support both dvb-s2 and dvb-t2 it only has one of each so recording is out but if you want recording then there is more expensive ones on the site which te dual

Thanks for the reply mate but i have no idea what all that dvb stuff means haha regarding recording, my upc box does all the recording etc so i just need the playback through my pc to a monitor right? I dont need the actual card to record on to the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I'm not sure what exactly what you are looking for.

is it the upc analogy or upc digital?

U_Fig wrote: »
    I'm not sure what exactly what you are looking for.

is it the upc analogy or upc digital?

digital mate

Has the UPC box got a HDMI port on it?
    Also what your monitor?

Just trying to figure out if you'll need a TV tuner at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yeah I don't understand what you're trying to achieve here, if you can record on the UPC box, do that, hook it up to the monitor via HDMI and buy some speakers.

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting on the digital + set top box to come. I didnt know it had hdmi outlets! Perfect i wont need a tv tuner then since my screen has hdmi also

That's what I was trying to get at.

Only thing you prob won't get through the hdmi out to the monitor is sound
    You can sort that with something like this though http://www.ebay.ie/itm/3-5-mm-Jack-2-Male-RCA-Stereo-Cable-Cinch-Audio-1-2m-/120777266392?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item1c1ee2d4d8#ht_2341wt_1168
    You'll have to plug that into a set of speakers but if you can't, you could plug it into the 'line in' on your pc and play it out through the pc speakers!

Thanks a lot guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Or better, buy a pair of speakers with optical input, much better sound.

Advertisement