Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotting at 6 weeks

Options
  • 23-04-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi and congratulations everyone.
    I took a test on saturday and it was positive! yeah! I am due on the 18th of December, then on Sunday evening I noticed dark discharge, brownish. went to the doc today and they are sending me for an early scan. It could be just normal but to be sure they want to have a scan. My question is has anyone else had this and come through it with a positive outcome? I guess i'm looking for some reassurance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi there,

I had 4 occurances of spotting and one bleed during my early pregnancy, I'm now 29 weeks.

Pink/Brown usually means old blood so I wouldn't worry too much as long as your not getting pains and it doesn't get heavier.

Rest up, stay away from jiggy and try not worry too much,
    Over on the due july thread a good few of us had bleeds and we're all now moaning about 3rd trimester xx

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

javagal wrote: »
    Hi there,

I had 4 occurances of spotting and one bleed during my early pregnancy, I'm now 29 weeks.

Pink/Brown usually means old blood so I wouldn't worry too much as long as your not getting pains and it doesn't get heavier.

Rest up, stay away from jiggy and try not worry too much,
    Over on the due july thread a good few of us had bleeds and we're all now moaning about 3rd trimester xx

Hi thanks for the reply. I am reassured!And delighted to hear you are enjoying a healthy pregnancy, congrats! to be honest i am staying pretty positive myself, its not very heavy at all, and I am not in pain. I have read that discharge is common enough. And I want to believe that! I was actually surprised that the doc was so quick to send me for a scan, but its good that she is cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

scrgirl wrote: »
    Hi and congratulations everyone.
    I took a test on saturday and it was positive! yeah! I am due on the 18th of December, then on Sunday evening I noticed dark discharge, brownish. went to the doc today and they are sending me for an early scan. It could be just normal but to be sure they want to have a scan. My question is has anyone else had this and come through it with a positive outcome? I guess i'm looking for some reassurance.

congrats.
    fingers crossed for you.

i had my fair share of spots and bleeding as well, had some hard time but now
    I'm ok.

rest
    avoid to hot bath
    take your vitamins
    legs up and let someone to take care of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Hi and congratulations!:)

I had spotting up as far as 15 weeks! It started at 6 weeks for me too! It is so common to spot during early pregnancy.My midwife told me that "As long as its not bright red and flowing like you cut yourself then you shouldn't worry" but then I had a huge bleed at 10 weeks and I was sure I lost the baby and had to have an emergency scan and there he was my little munchkin happy out with his little fluttering heartbeat!

They never found a reason for my bleeding an here I am with a beautiful 8 month old little boy! So I suppose what I'm trying say is bleeding can happen and it doesn't automatically mean its a miscarriage!!! So try not too worry ( easier said than done I know) and enjoy the pregnancy:) x x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just saw this on the front page and havent much to add to the posters that have already mentioned it and given great advice OP, but suffice to say it seems its common enough, my wife was the same further into her pregnancy, i think around the 8-10 week mark, and the old wives tale about the "dont tell anyone before 12 weeks" nonsense went through my head as i instantly of course feared for the worst.

rushed her over to hospital, all was found to be perfectly normal and now seven years later he's napping away in his bed there not a bother on him! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Just to add to the reassurance - I also had 3 instances of spotting in early pregnancy, and am now in week 29 (and counting down the days!) and everything seems fine! They seemed to be related to when I over did it (exercise, housework or 'doing the deed' as Java put it :) )

Rest up, take it easy, and try to enjoy your pregnancy! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

thanks for all the reassuring replies! ye were right :) I had a scan today and there it was a little heartbeat :) now we can enjoy being pregnant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

That's fantastic news :) congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Thats excellent news congratulations,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Yay - great news! Enjoy your pregnancy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement