Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours maths help needed!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Definitely look over it. a proof (standard proof) is due up which will either appear in q 5 or 6. it's easy to do and takes very little time to write. may take a while if you're not good abstractly, but well worth it. Its used all throughout college as well. And if you're thinking on doing maths/science in college, I don't know why you're leaving out q3! Complex numbers appear everywhere and matrices even are used in business!
    Yeah I'll make sure I know it :) I'm not the best at maths in general so it might be a bit hard but I can try :L
    I'm definitely not - closest I came was business til I realized I'd need matrices and that all the HL maths I have will be useless as a result. Of course that wasnt the only reason I changed my mind, but yeah :pac: I know the basics of complex numbers and of matrices in case they're put into algebra but meh, I cant teach it to myself so I'll have to do without :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

PLEASE do not limit yourself to practice from past or sample papers. The syllabus is the document to base revision on, for all subjects, but especially for maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I don't know what to do about Project Maths at this stage... I'm screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I don't know what to do about Project Maths at this stage... I'm screwed.
    No you aren't :O Practice project maths papers and look at solutions when you are stuck :) you'll get better :)
    I used to hate project maths, now I'm getting good at it :) and its just cause i've been practicing :) it really does become easy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

for project maths LEARN THE DEFINITIONS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

This man was my savior when I was doing my leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

kitty9 wrote: »
    for project maths LEARN THE DEFINITIONS.

Do you have a lsit of which we have to learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

There's so many definitions... Also are the Geometry questions in the papers considered hard? I can't get my head around the one with the electricity pole even after looking at the e-xamit solution...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

There's so many definitions... Also are the Geometry questions in the papers considered hard? I can't get my head around the one with the electricity pole even after looking at the e-xamit solution...
    Those trig questions are cruel. I'm no maths wizard but I look at the solutions and they still make absolutely no sense to me. :confused:

Advertisement