Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment in Cork City - still safe to buy?

Options
  • 23-04-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,
    I am about to buy a lovely apartment in Cork City Centre. The apartment is huge, almost 120 square meters and will be fixed to nice standards. However, all my colleagues and friends tell me I am crazy to buy an apartment because in Ireland nobody buys apartments and I will never be able to resell it, no matter how lovely the apt is. Since I am not irish, this makes me worry that I am walking into a horrible investment and even though I have no current plan of leaving you never know in the future! Is it true that apartments are impossible to sell even though right in the city centre of the 2nd major city in Ireland and even though it is a nice big place? Any advise would be great, thank you!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

luru1 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am about to buy a lovely apartment in Cork City Centre. The apartment is huge, almost 120 square meters and will be fixed to nice standards. However, all my colleagues and friends tell me I am crazy to buy an apartment because in Ireland nobody buys apartments and I will never be able to resell it, no matter how lovely the apt is. Since I am not irish, this makes me worry that I am walking into a horrible investment and even though I have no current plan of leaving you never know in the future! Is it true that apartments are impossible to sell even though right in the city centre of the 2nd major city in Ireland and even though it is a nice big place? Any advise would be great, thank you!

Welcome to boards!

This brings feedback to another level. You should try either the Cork City forum here or even the Accommodation & Property forum right here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement