Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using pre pay meters

Options
  • 23-04-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi. I moved into a new place and it has a prepay meter installed. Local shop does top up cards and that's all fine.

I was however wondering, when/if my credit runs out, my power switched of, I have to reset alarm clocks, heating timer and pretty much everything in the house with a timer on, fridge goes warm etc, bit of a pain in the back side.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to switch cards without the power going off ?

I guess a link to full instructions of usage would be great. :)

Instructions please ! not the FAQ I found here...
    https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/pay-as-you-go.jsp

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Daithi 1,

I would first of all need to be sure what kind of meter is it that you have installed at the property. More common than the PAYG meter you linked to above are budget-controller (or 'token') meters which do not operate in quite the same way.

If you PM me your account details I can look into this further.
    Daithi 1 wrote:
    I was wondering if there is a way to switch cards without the power going off ?
    Both meters have an emergency credit system, and there are also credit-friendly hours for the PAYG meters, during which time the power will not disconnect. Credit used is deducted when you next top-up.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement