Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv broadband Balbriggan?

Options
  • 23-04-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience of Utvbroadband in the area. Currently with Vodafone but interested in peoples experience with Utv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

just had them at the door, looks good, 10 day cooling of period if needed.You can pm me if you want the guys number,I got it from him to ring him back,Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

I have had UTV broadband for a couple of years now and have no problems with it.

October wrote: »
    I have had UTV broadband for a couple of years now and have no problems with it.
    Is the speed any good I'm on about 4mb now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Are they just reselling Eircom? Similar to Vodafone?

Put your phone number into this site http://www.homevision.ie/

It will tell you what the max capacity your line can get. If you can only get 4mb there is no point in paying for 24mb.

I am in Balbriggan and have 25mb BB from UPC and it is perfect.

sgarvan wrote: »
    Are they just reselling Eircom? Similar to Vodafone?

Put your phone number into this site http://www.homevision.ie/

It will tell you what the max capacity your line can get. If you can only get 4mb there is no point in paying for 24mb.

I am in Balbriggan and have 25mb BB from UPC and it is perfect.
    UPC is not with us yet. The guy said they put carbon stuff into the line to increase speed??? I have a feeling he was telling porkys??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

sounds bull to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

cathy01 wrote: »
    UPC is not with us yet. The guy said they put carbon stuff into the line to increase speed??? I have a feeling he was telling porkys??

hahaha thats complete bull, I suppose they also replaced the copper with unicorn hair

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

General feedback very negative. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77537221
    I think I'll stick with vodafone and wait it out for upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

cathy01 wrote: »
    Is the speed any good I'm on about 4mb now.

Sorry cathy01, I don't know what the speed is, that is too technical a question for me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

We switched from the disaster that was Vodafone to UTV.
    Couldnt be happier tbh.
    They even waived a portion of our bill last month as we had gone over our download limit but when I questioned it they said it wasnt download but actual usage and since they hadnt expalined the way it worked properly they deemed it to be their fault and waived the over limit fee.
    The customer care is good and the bb speed is where it was when we had BT (before the shambles of Vodafone and their excuses).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

I moved from Vodafone to UTV last year. Best decision ever.

I'd certainly recommend UTV, with no hesitations.

Advertisement