Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (READ POST 1 FIRST!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

buttonsc wrote: »
    Energia.ie
    Watch the Video & Win Tickets to Cirque Du Soleil & An overnight stay in The Marker Hotel
    Answer a. meter reads

Closing date for entries is 30th April 2014.

Do you have a link, can't find it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cassiedog

Hi there, just throwing this one out there! I won guest list passes for a family including entrance into the enclosure etc for Saturday AES Family Day at Punchestown this sat. There are no physical tickets as it is guest list, but you just have to say you are me!! If anyone would like them as I am unable to go. They value at €62 (kids go free) - not sure how much to sell them for but if anyone makes a little offer to even a swap I would be delighted. x x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

cassiedog wrote: »
    not sure how much to sell them for but if anyone makes a little offer to even a swap I would be delighted. x x

Free. You should give them away for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

dulpit wrote: »
    Free. You should give them away for free.

Yup, tis kind of an unwritten rule, in fairness. That and not entering competitions for events you can't attend. No harm having a sticky here to remind peeps for good karma :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Yup, tis kind of an unwritten rule, in fairness. That and not entering competitions for events you can't attend. No harm having a sticky here to remind peeps for good karma :)

Never understand why people enter comps for the sake of it. I just pass up if it's not a date or place that suits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

In fairness if you win something, you can do with it whatever you like IMHO.
    It's a bit presumptuous to assume that when entered that the person couldn't attend, life has a way of throwing unexpected things our way/plans change etc.

Yes I see certain people entering everything under the sun, makes no sense to me either. I list loads and share across different platforms, but only enter what I would like.

Now can we get back to listings.

You can win World Cup tickets to Brazil with Coca Cola. Buy Coke in Lidl enter your till receipt number and answer the question

Latest Irish Examiner comps - a break in Waterford and some books

Win a Vintage Kelly Handbag - Pinterest req, Pin to Win comp

Win a Super Techie bundle click on the items for the question which you answer on this form

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gra246

Welll said, Gormal.There's an assumption that people enter competitions with no intention of using the prize. Well folks, circumstances can change & it's not our place to judge. Perhaps we could choose to see the best in our boards members & their intentions! Life would be much more pleasant if we did.

Now on with the business of comping.

Win 2 premium tickets to the Irish Premiere of John Adams' opera 'Nixon in China', at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre on the 11th May & night for 2 at the Grand Canal Hotel. To enter email 'Nixon and your name to competitions(at)classicalartsireland.com

Kids Draw Competition! (between the ages of 4 and 13)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

Gormal wrote: »
    In fairness if you win something, you can do with it whatever you like IMHO.
    It's a bit presumptuous to assume that when entered that the person couldn't attend, life has a way of throwing unexpected things our way/plans change etc.

You're assuming I'm assuming....I did no such thing, just elaborated on nice karma ideas to keep the good vibes keep rolling :p

Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Gormal wrote: »

Win a Super Techie bundle click on the items for the question which you answer on this form

Answers....

1) What is the maximum frequency of the FX 6350?

Answer : B) 4.2GHz

2) How many amps do each of the +12v rails provide?

Answer : A) 30A

3) What is the name of the technology behind the silent-optimized be quiet! fan of the Shadow Rock Slim CPU cooler?

Answer : B) Rifle-bearing technology

4) What are the DPI Stages for this mouse?

Answer : C) 450 / 900 / 1800 / 3500 dpi

5) At which polling rate does the B120 TURBO transmit data?

Answer : C) 1000Hz

6) Which are the HDD/SDD drives abilities of Node 804?

Answer : c) 8, 2 + 2

7) What is the maximum Sequential Read Performance of the PX-AG128M6e?

Answer : C) 770MB/s

8) What is the name of the cooling technology used on the SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R7 250X 1GB GDDR5 OC

Answer : B) VAPOR-X

9) What chipset does this motherboard use?

Answer : A) AMD 990FX

10) Name three eSport Teams that Tesoro is currently sponsoring.

Answer : A) Na'Vi, VIRTUS.PRO and Seraphic Nexus

11) How many display ports does the ID92 have?

Answer : a) three

12) How long does the Thecus N2520 installation and setup process take?

Answer : C) 5 minutes

Win 1 of 8 pairs of tickets (€30 value) to the Farm Tractor and Machinery Trade Association Ltd. (FTMTA) Grass & Muck 2014 event in Gorteen College on 14 May! To be in with a chance of winning simply send your name, address and contact phone number to competition@farmersjournal.ie before 5pm on Thursday!

WIN TICKETS: Hamell On Trial in Cork ENDS THURSDAY! FB like req and email your details to enter.

Garth Brooks Tix, pick up a copy of the Westmeath Examiner and fill out the coupon on page 2 and send it to Garth Brooks Tickets, Westmeath Examiner, Blackhall Place, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. You can enter as often as you like, no photocopies allowed. The closing date for entries Friday 16th May - Or Pick up the Meath Chronicle OR Anglocelt all running comp for Tickets

Win A Class Set of “Fionn” Novel for schools/teachers ends Friday

Win Tickets To The Giro Finish In Dublin And Gibson Hotel Stay
    Winner picked on Friday Twitter Req

Win a Family Break in Co Clare with Escapes.ie and Ireland AM enter using the Gleam app closes at 10am on 9 May

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

Win two tickets for The National at the marquee Cork,http://musician.ie/win-two-tickets-see-national-live-marquee-2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nibbler

Ribena Ireland have a competition for a €2,000 tropical holiday (a voucher with trailfinders) on their facebook page. Facebook.com/RibenaIreland

tickets to Edge of Tomorrow FB not L&S ends 11th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

nibbler wrote: »
    Ribena Ireland have a competition for a €2,000 tropical holiday (a voucher with trailfinders) on their facebook page. Facebook.com/RibenaIreland

If only Ribena tasted like French blackcurrant cordial rather than being so sweet and sugary.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

WIN two premium level tickets to One Direction live in Croke Park on May 23rd. All you have to do is leave us a comment with the name of a 1D band member changed into a car name, example… "Nissan Horan" or "Supra Styles"…. get creative people! - Budget Facebook

Win a trip to Barcelona + accommodation + tickets to Primavera Sound ends 19th May **flights are from LONDON *** Instagram req

Irish Bee Sensations (@Bsensationsnews) on Twitter are having a giveaway when they reach1,000 followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

Win a Alcatel One Touch Pop on Meteors facebook page, just comment who you think is the "King of Pop".

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stonebabies

Eddie Rockets Ireland on Facebook are giving away a model car.

Wanna be as cool as me with my vintage Buick? Here's your chance! I'm giving away a LIMITED EDITION branded Buick Electra (Cast iron toy model-sorry guys)!! No Licence, no tax, no insurance and all the cool factor!

Lola Ball Design on facebook are giving away a pair of wedding shoes.

An Post on facebook are giving away a $130 US Dollar PostFX card.

"You can now get your US Dollars, at the Post Office COMMISSION FREE!
    To celebrate this we have US$130 PostFX card to give away to one lucky Facebook fan."

Sorry as I am a new user I can't post links to these comps :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement