Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Bark/mulch attract unwanted....?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

:rolleyes:
    leeomurchu wrote: »
    Hope you've no kids playing in your garden so as there is a risk of toxoplasmosis from car faeces, Glad you like the local cat pissing and ****ting in your garden. odd

Now theres a 'piss' take if I ever I heard one. :D

You obviously didnt understand the :rolleyes: at the end of my last post.

Since when did the whole world and everything in it become 'ours' 'peoples' ?

Jesus if any other animal/ mammal had the opportunity to turn around and comment about what 'we' do, do you think it would be all good?

NO. DIDNT THINK SO. :D

Get a grip, we havent all been blessed with flushing toilets and water charges. :rolleyes:

Yet we still all have to 'go' somewhere. Imagine- unthinkable. :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

leeomurchu wrote: »
    Hope you've no kids playing in your garden so as there is a risk of toxoplasmosis from car faeces, Glad you like the local cat pissing and ****ting in your garden. odd :confused:

People get infected with toxoplasmosis by more than cat faeces-

Eating raw or partly cooked meat infected with it- especially lamb/ pork/ venison or through handling raw meat/ utensils used for such and not washing our hands

Lesson learned re the garden/ cats- wash our hands. Teach our kids they must wash their hands. I am a parent too. Those with compromised immuned systems or are pregnant, take extra precautions. :)

But as usual other means of infection are ignored. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

noddyone2 wrote: »
    DO NOT, DO NOT sow them flocking leylandii. I did, both sides of the garden, they were the worst thing ever, for me, the garden, the neighbours. The dried up the garden, nothing grows near them ,if a branch tips the ground, it roots. Jebus, I'm going to have nightmares tonight. One Saturday, I got the chainsaw and cleared the lot, put in Beech instead - pure bliss.

At least they were yours so you could cut them. I can only wish death on the those adjoining me. Worst thing you could do to your neighbours:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Well I have some lovely "black morel" mushrooms growing in my garden.

So I will never go near my garden again or let my daughter out into the garden ever again....(ROFL :D)....even though they are an edible mushroom (used by cooks and also saved people from starvation in olden times and during the famine) and also seeing that all the fairys live there too (according to my daughter).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Difficult to say which I dislike the most, bark or membrane. Barks rots quickly, washes away & blows away. Membranes wreck the soil especially as permeability goes out of the window once the pores are blocked by soil & water.

Weeding soil is one of the quickest easiest jobs that you can ever do. If you get one of these & a long handle you can weed quickly & pretty effortlessly.

4073aa8182.jpg

And Leylandi can make a superb hedge - provided that it is not allowed to overgrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

paddy147 wrote: »
    Grass gets slippy when wet too.

Plenty of surfaces can get slippy when wet.
    slippy grass has nothing on slippy decking once it has a bit of algae on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

paddy147 wrote: »
    Approx 5-6 euro per 80 litre bag of bark mulch.

Mypex is approx 50 euro for a 1.1 x 50 meter roll.

Them some tight jeans in the second photo. :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

5 day ban for leeomurchu for personal abuse

Advertisement