Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which 452 mounts?.

Options
  • 23-04-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

Ordered my .22 CZ Varmint last week......., what mount(s) should i get to adequatly mount a 1 inch scope with a 40mm objective (52mm all in outter diameter). i want it nice an close to the barrel..
    Tanx cc30.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Rimfire technologies picatinny rail, and a nice set of low rings. Alternatively a one piece rail/ring combo. Either falt (0 MOA) or inclined (10 or 20 MOA)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

thanks,

How do i know weather i need a flat or 10/20 moa,? I read on here a few weeks ago about guys pulling their hair out over being maxed out on their scope adjustments due to the wrong mount set-up, just trying to save myself some agro......are their any particular requirments for the cz varmint. ....the factory rail is 11mm i think & i don't want to add too much weight.

cheers for info.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Honestly, i've yet to see a .22lr that required only 10-15 MOA to get a 50 yard zero. My current .22 needs 32 MOA or so (IIRC) to get my 50yd zero. So buying an inclined rail would be of benefit. At best it'll only take a couple of MOA to get your zero, at worst the rail will give you back 10 or 20 MOA lost when trying to get that zero.

You know the old saying, better to have, and not need, than need, and not have.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

hi guys,

Ordered my .22 CZ Varmint last week......., what mount(s) should i get to adequatly mount a 1 inch scope with a 40mm objective (52mm all in outter diameter). i want it nice an close to the barrel..
    Tanx cc30.
    I had warne 1in high rimfire rings on my cz varmint and they were perfect.
    Scope was also 40mm with outside objective of 52mm.
    I didnt have any problem getting a 50 or 100 yard zero.
    I since changed to a 30mm tube so still have the 1in rings if you want to try them.

were they on a .22 varmint? (and not the .17 different mm rail i think)
    Any pics of the scope on the gun?

Pm'd

• Advertisement

Recieved in post, mint condition as described,

much appreciated & tanx for help,
    cc30

Advertisement