Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call from FO

Options
  • 23-04-2012 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I just got a call from my FO and he wanted me to change a referre on my application form but he also asked me then if i had a child and what age was he. Why would they need to know that?? Any body know or heard of this before and will it stop me from being able to get a rifle??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

re the son; maybe someone with your name has a son... who isnt the nicest person in society. . . to put it politely! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

no we live in a small town everyone knows everyone and im pretty sure im the only mullen and my son is only 7months old:( im worried now that its not gunna be granted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Why would they need to know that??
    He is concerned about a child having access to the firearm(s).

I got asked the same question when the CPO called out to mine a couple of years back. He seen my nephew, and asked does he be here often, does he know where the gun safe keys are, does he be near the guns, etc, etc.

His concern would be your son, if old enough, might see where you hide your safe keys, then go "play with Daddy's toys" when you are not there.

A reasonable question with no hidden agenda.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

that's the first time i've heard of that. maybe they are concerned that if the child was older it might try to "play" with the gun or take it out of the safe. i really can't see any other reason for them wanting to know such a thing. anyway good luck with the application

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

Ezridax wrote: »
    He is concerned about a child having access to the firearm(s).

I got asked the same question when the CPO called out to mine a couple of years back. He seen my nephew, and asked does he be here often, does he know where the gun safe keys are, does he be near the guns, etc, etc.

His concern would be your son, if old enough, might see where you hide your safe keys, then go "play with Daddy's toys" when you are not there.

A reasonable question with no hidden agenda.

haha beat me too it

• Advertisement

Only seconds in it lad.:D;)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

will it stop me from being able to get the gun because im sure im not the only one that has ever applied for a gun who has a child lol

Very, VERY unlikely. Unless you are completely reckless, and even then only if you told your FO that you let the young lad play with it.

I joke, obviously, but seriously no. It will not be an issue, as long as you have the security measures in place, and the most important part most people don't always think off, USE IT.;)

it will be used because my woman will make me ha ha i even have to lock the room door its in and connect the internal door and window and a pir in the room to the alarm so i would safely say its the safest room in the house ha ha a bit over the top i know but it was in the terms and conditions laid down by the missus ha ha ha:D:D:D:D

You'll be fine so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement