Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll - Rate your SU president

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Lulz I do love when people get angry on the interwebz.

I'm not angry in the slightest. But throw it in there if you think it gives your argument weight

Using the words "lulz" and "interwebz" to give your posts a sense of a "could care less attitude " is pretty pathetic too
    Two questions:One Did you listen to the actual interview

Yes

and two have you ever been in a position when you've had to argue against a person who wont listen to your point no matter what.

Yes.
    And can you inform me how he has a massive ego and how he hasn't performed his duty's

He went on to live 95 to give the SU stance on student vandalism during rag week and he threw a hissy fit over the presenter saying he was unavailable. Even if the presenter was being unreasonable he was there to represent students in a time when we're constantly stigmatized and stereotyped and he hung up like a child because he didn't get a personal apology. The presenter then went on to say "well there's the student union response", it was embarrassing and a shameful display of egotism.

Are you really that blinded by loyalty to your friend (presuming he must be at this stage) to see how wrong that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

And the Quite war has begun :cool:
    I'm not angry in the slightest. But throw it in there if you think it gives your argument weight

Using the words "lulz" and "interwebz" to give your posts a sense of a "could care less attitude " is pretty pathetic too

Well from your response of "So ****ing what!" its not hard to blame now is it.

Oh but I'm not using it to give a sense of "could care less attitude",I'm using it to highlight the fact that this entire argument is both hilarious and nugatory

Yes

No

Yes.

Banana

He went on to live 95 to give the SU stance on student vandalism during rag week and he threw a hissy fit over the presenter saying he was unavailable. Even if the presenter was being unreasonable he was there to represent students in a time when we're constantly stigmatized and stereotyped and he hung up like a child because he didn't get a personal apology.

No matter what the case is RAG week is always going to be stereotyped,and well in fairness 90% of what is said is true.Students drinking on roofs,causing loud noise,drinking,breaking glass,pulling down tress,getting into fights,waking the neighbors...
    What of that isnt true?

And also have you ever spoken or debated with the President in Question?
    The presenter then went on to say "well there's the student union response", it was embarrassing and a shameful display of egotism.
    I cant tell if you meant the President or the DJ as,well tbh I'd place that part more on the DJ.
    Are you really that blinded by loyalty to your friend (presuming he must be at this stage) to see how wrong that is?

I cannot confirm not deny any relationship that I may or may not have with Mr Daly as in doing so would breach both a oath of silence and several contracts I've signed with the CIA.What I can responded with however is that I've heard plenty of students say good on him,ruling to the point that you dont have to be a friend,and most certainly not have blind loyalty to some one just because they disagree with your point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mahna Mahna

I think that way too often this year, the egos of some of the sabbats were more important to them than how the SU was run.

Mikel91 wrote: »
    And the Quite war has begun :cool:

Well from your response of "So ****ing what!" its not hard to blame now is it.

Oh but I'm not using it to give a sense of "could care less attitude",I'm using it to highlight the fact that this entire argument is both hilarious and nugatory

No

Banana

No matter what the case is RAG week is always going to be stereotyped,and well in fairness 90% of what is said is true.Students drinking on roofs,causing loud noise,drinking,breaking glass,pulling down tress,getting into fights,waking the neighbors...
    What of that isnt true?

And also have you ever spoken or debated with the President in Question?

I cant tell if you meant the President or the DJ as,well tbh I'd place that part more on the DJ.

I cannot confirm not deny any relationship that I may or may not have with Mr Daly as in doing so would breach both a oath of silence and several contracts I've signed with the CIA.What I can responded with however is that I've heard plenty of students say good on him,ruling to the point that you dont have to be a friend,and most certainly not have blind loyalty to some one just because they disagree with your point of view.

I've highlighted what's worth responding too, I'm not sure what the rest is supposed to be...a joke?

First of your excusing Daly for not representing the students that elected correctly on the basis that stereotypes of students during rag week are correct? Ridiculous

First off the people in the minority are the ones that give us all a bad name, Derek was on to say this and stick up for the majority of the student body who don't go around up-rooting trees and breaking windows after a few cans

He failed to do this because of a petty argument with presenter and hung up.

That's it in black and white.

If you think that's acceptable fair enough but I don't.

It's a case of agreeing to disagree here but I'm baffled that anyone would think the way he acted was in anyone's interest only his own

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Should have made the pole public to see how many people signed up in the last week just to vote. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    ????

So ****ing what! Daly was there to defend students during Rag week.

I wasn't going to defend the actions being discussed, had the interview continued I would have stated that it is not acceptable that these occurrances do take place at certain times of the year.

I did say that I would be on Clare FM and I did the same interview I would have done with 95FM were Joe Nash not an arsehole.

I have the Mp3 files, but I don't have a soundcloud account.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

i'm surprised derek hasn't gone to ground again

ninty9er wrote: »
    I wasn't going to defend the actions being discussed, had the interview continued I would have stated that it is not acceptable that these occurrances do take place at certain times of the year.

I did say that I would be on Clare FM and I did the same interview I would have done with 95FM were Joe Nash not an arsehole.

Poor choice of words on my part, obviously I meant you were going on to stick up for the majority and condemn the minority

Joe Nash may be an arsehole but you should have put that aside Derek, plain and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

So, let's analyse the numbers. Indifferent is the midpoint. Anything lower is a 'bad' opinion of him and anything higher is 'good'.

26 say he is 'bad'.
    28 say he is 'good'.
    4 are indifferent.

Well... there ya go folks.

Also, an uneven number of options is generally preffered when there is a neutral position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoeCares

I couldn't believe this one when I heard it. What were ye thinking DD! even if the Nash fella is an arsehole ye dont go on demanding an apology, who do you think ye r like. Its not as if how you feel matters a fek to him.

You just managed to make yourself sound like a spoilt kid who is throwing his toys out of the pram. Very unprofessional mate. Thought ye would have learnt more from those FF gurus you spend so much time around.

Id say not one person remembered what Nash said the day before, but they all remembered how childish u were.

Well played....not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

When did everybody start to care so much about the Students Union??? I always thought it was just a place that gives out free condoms with pool tables upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DR.Magoo

Gymsey wrote: »
    When did everybody start to care so much about the Students Union??? I always thought it was just a place that gives out free condoms with pool tables upstairs.

Hahaha!

This is all well and good, but if you'd like to tell me what specifics I can improve on it would be much more helpful.

This poll would also have been much more helpful 3 months ago, howsoever, there is still more than 10% of my term left to complete, so fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭cjthecrow

This is all well and good, but if you'd like to tell me what specifics I can improve on it would be much more helpful.

This poll would also have been much more helpful 3 months ago, howsoever, there is still more than 10% of my term left to complete, so fire away.

No more apples in the vending machine please :D

cjthecrow wrote: »
    No more apples in the vending machine please :D
    ???

Right over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

???

Right over my head!

:(

"Don't worry, there'll be plenty of apples for you! In fact, tell my secretary I said you could have a free apple! She'll make everything all right."

:pac:

Ah Derek, how can we trust you to run an SU when you don't even know obscure Simpson's quotes?

IMPEACH! IMPEACH!! IMPEACH!!!!

:pac:

OIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Carol.Lillie

Unfortunately the existence of 5 positive options, one neutral and 4 negative options renders this poll null and void. I guess to salvage some kind of statistical significance you could just take the numbers polled for 10,9,8 and 1,2,3. I know the poll was only done for a bit of fun, but if you're going to do something, you may as well do it right.

Advertisement