Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad bad service from eircom

Options
  • 23-04-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey there,

just got off the phone from your cancellation department where after 1 hour and i am none the wiser of what is in your system for what i ordered.

I currently have broadband set up in primary residence and being very happy with that service provided,me and my fiance decided to get an internet connection for a home in galway.

this service was ordered on 3rd April, we never received our service for the internet and were informed by the engineer that the modem should arrive within a few days.it never did.

my fiance called this morning and was informed that there was a 30e charge for modem and that it would have to be paid.
    she called back .asking if it was possible to cancel as she was never informed of this and the agent stated that there was no order on the system to cancel which armed great....

this morning we received a bill in the post stating there was a 36e charge for connection charges that was never stated to us.
    I then rang up 1901 and got through to the customer service whom could not make sense of it and put me through to the cancellation dept who were very confused.
    at one stage when I was I investigating what is going on with the account was informed that there was alot of people waiting on the line and needed to be talked to.

I have your innernet service on primary residence and have only received a top top service from your call centre anytime I called.

I was informed that there was a cancellation fee for the phone package I allegedly asked for which I did not.
    I will call tomorrow morning requesting the initial call to be listened to where we ordered the internet package and nothing else

can anyone take any responsibility and take care of this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

hey there,

just got off the phone from your cancellation department where after 1 hour and i am none the wiser of what is in your system for what i ordered.

I currently have broadband set up in primary residence and being very happy with that service provided,me and my fiance decided to get an internet connection for a home in galway.

this service was ordered on 3rd April, we never received our service for the internet and were informed by the engineer that the modem should arrive within a few days.it never did.

my fiance called this morning and was informed that there was a 30e charge for modem and that it would have to be paid.
    she called back .asking if it was possible to cancel as she was never informed of this and the agent stated that there was no order on the system to cancel which armed great....

this morning we received a bill in the post stating there was a 36e charge for connection charges that was never stated to us.
    I then rang up 1901 and got through to the customer service whom could not make sense of it and put me through to the cancellation dept who were very confused.
    at one stage when I was I investigating what is going on with the account was informed that there was alot of people waiting on the line and needed to be talked to.

I have your innernet service on primary residence and have only received a top top service from your call centre anytime I called.

I was informed that there was a cancellation fee for the phone package I allegedly asked for which I did not.
    I will call tomorrow morning requesting the initial call to be listened to where we ordered the internet package and nothing else

can anyone take any responsibility and take care of this please?

Thanks The Freeman,

Can you PM me with your home phone and eircom Account number and I will look into your query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

done cheers

do we have an update on this scenario please?
    i received a modem In the post this morning in the post Much to my surprise,and what is turning in to anger upon realisation of having to pay 30 e for it.

the money for these products that were ordered in error your end are due to come out of me and my fiance s account in coming days. I do not have enough in my bank account to pay for these errors and cancellation fees, so I would appreciate your haste in this matter if you please.

Ger

p.s. I do appreciate all the work you are doing behind the scenes there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

the money for these products that were ordered in error your end are due to come out of me and my fiance s account in coming days. I do not have enough in my bank account to pay for these errors and cancellation fees, so I would appreciate your haste in this matter if you please.

Ger

p.s. I do appreciate all the work you are doing behind the scenes there.

Thanks for your post Ger,

I have replied to your PM and advised your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement

ant,

you have not answered why I was charged for the Initial fee for connection when it was never stated to my fiance on the phone,is it legal to receive a bill for the line rental set up when it was never stated??
    I will refuse to pay this on the grounds that we were not informed of this charge at the time of ordering by the sales Rep. when I queried this bill a couple weeks ago, it was stated by one staff member that it was never ordered,another,stating it was ordered and for the third time on the same same day argued with me that i had ordered a line rental and would incur a fine if i tried to cancel it there and then.(she also stated that she i never ordered an internet package)
    Its completely unacceptable to get this level of service and very frustrating.I have cancelled our direct debt for this account and if I incur any fines for the cancelling of the internet i will be forced to cancel my account in Mayo and go to the direct competition.

on a side note.I am having to use my phone for internet this evening as there is connection issues in Mayo with your service once again.

I have not even received an apology from your company since this shocking service started also.

so can any rep of eircom here, please state if it is legal to bill a customer for a line rental when it was never mentioned by the rep on the initial call regarding a payement for such?
    how i would go about cancelling the internet package that has never been used?
    is there an ombusmen that i can complain to regarding the level of service and misleading phone salesperson?
    and is there a complaints email service on eircom's end that i can get in touch with?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Get onto Comreg. As soon as I contacted them my issues with Eircom were swiftly solved, although I am still more than likely cancelling my account with them after the appalling customer service I received.

Advertisement