Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I go to my brothers wedding?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

Does he live, and was the stag, very far away from you (e.g. a different country)? Could he have thought it was impractical to invite you or would it have been as easy as inviting the others that went?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You're invited but you just weren't invited to the stag?

boo

hoo.

Maybe he wanted a friends not relatives only stag thing. a family orientated second stag could be coming down the line and you just haven't heard about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

lousy thing to do on you. Go to the wedding. Do your bit. Take the higher ground. When he gets back from honeymoon **** in his slippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Meet up him before the Wedding. Ask him straight out what is going on. You are entitled to some straight answers.

If you don't like what you hear, or he isn't prepared to give you answers, you might be better off not going to the Wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

AH Response: go to wedding, teabag the bride.

Proper response

Not being a best man: Not the end of the world, nice to be asked or given an explination.

Not being asked to be a groomsman: Getting pretty lame here

Not invited to the stag : Extremely lame.

The only excuse I can think of is that maybe he feels you might not have gotten along with his friends on the stag. Either way, you need to talk to him IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Maybe he was getting up to things he shouldn't have been on the stag, where was it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Do you guys ever go out together???????
    If not then he's just been same as usual,

I have sis, We never head out together though,
    Get on really well,

I mean who hangs out with there brother anyway,

I know maybe you think stag is different, But maybe he wanted to be with his friends,

Stags should be for friends not family, ???? I dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

If I were you, OP, I'd tell him that I want to go to the wedding, let him make the (hopefully costly) arrangements for an extra guest at the reception, and then on his big day not bother to show up at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Closed on OP's request.

Try here blogger123.

Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement