Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling with my infant

• 23-04-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi i don't know if i am in the right category but here goes
    Me and my oh are planning to travel to holly head and then onto London by ferry/train i just wanted to ask does my four month old need a passport for this or will here birth certificate be OK we are both her parents and we are both Irish citizens any intelligent answer would be helpful
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Looking at the Irish Ferries website birth cert should do.

I would call and confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Legally, I don't think you need it for travel between the UK and Ireland but it's always better to travel with a passport if you can. We had to rush our passport for our daughter when we flew with her at 6 weeks old. The photo was taken when she was three days old and we had the passport back from the Irish Embassy in London within 10 days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

Hi i don't know if i am in the right category but here goes
    Me and my oh are planning to travel to holly head and then onto London by ferry/train i just wanted to ask does my four month old need a passport for this or will here birth certificate be OK we are both her parents and we are both Irish citizens any intelligent answer would be helpful
    thanks

We travelled to the UK during Easter 2012 with a 5yr old and 6yr old, we did NOT need passports for the children, just their birth certificates.
    Went with Stena Lines, Dublin to Holyhead.

Passports for adults were taken and needed to show once.

Advertisement