Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First attempt at building a computer! Input appreciated :)

Options
  • 23-04-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi guys, after my exams finish in may and i'm settled back to work for the summer i'm going to set about putting together a PC i wish to use for gaming. I have my case (A coolermaster HAF922) and power supply already (an 800w corsair) but i have no other parts available. I'm not worried about choosing a mouse/keyboard myself later on down the line.
    I'm just making a post to ask if anyone can notice anything i'm missing, and primarily, if anybody can see a reason why something i've in mind is not a good idea for whatever reason.

1. What is your budget?
    After purchasing mouse, keyboard and OS, i expect it'll total around 1100 euro. This is already significantly higher than i had in mind when i first gave myself the goal of building my own PC a few months ago.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming - Would like to run recent/upcoming titles on max/high setting. BF3 will played quiet a lot, as well as the occasional RTS and possibly an MMO os two

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Have PSU and Case already purchased

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes (Included in basket)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard, mouse. Speakers on monitor will do for time being.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes, down the line...

8. How can you pay? Credit card or paypal? Not sure what hardwareversand accept

9. When are you purchasing? It'll probably be around mid june by the time i have funds

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Should not need help.

Item|Price
    OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SSD SATA|€81.17
    ASUS VE228H|€114.20
    TP-Link TL-WN951N, 300Mbps PCI-Adapter|€23.39
    LG GH22NS50/70/90 bare schwarz|€17.83
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€84.45
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9|€41.53
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€189.79
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores, 1280MB GDDR5, PCI-Express|€232.66
    ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€130.91
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€934.92