Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

DubDJ wrote: »
    If your up in Dublin the Meteor shop on Henry Street has the black model on display. Not powered on though I don't think they have a lighting adapter for it lol. It's beside a white 4S so perfect for comparisons too.

You might have to ask for it. The three shop in liffey valley has it, but you have to ask to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Approved for a contract on meteor but they're looking for a €130 deposit. It's paid back after my 6th bill. I've had contracts before on other networks without problems. Has anybody else been required to pay a deposit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

quarryman wrote: »
    Approved for a contract on meteor but they're looking for a €130 deposit. It's paid back after my 6th bill. I've had contracts before on other networks without problems. Has anybody else been required to pay a deposit?

Loads of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just had a good look at a work colleague's one there..

.. very sleek and nice looking alright, but definitely a little on the long size (could be very prone to slipping out of fingers without a decent cover / skin).

Definitely an improvement on the 4S in terms of speed and reliability, but not a fan of the "long" design to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Basq wrote: »
    Just had a good look at a work colleague's one there..

.. very sleek and nice looking alright, but definitely a little on the long size (could be very prone to slipping out of fingers without a decent cover / skin).

I've detected 8 potential penis jokes in this post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I was when i got my Iphone 4. None required second time around.

Its more to warn people not to sign up for a bill, thinking "ooh shiney" and then default on the bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've detected 8 potential penis jokes in this post.
    Indeed... and add another one to the mix!

Untitled_382.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Some UK customers still don't have their iPhone's at the end of their estimated delivery date.

Doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

is it just me or , when you upgrade to IOS6 the youtube app disapears for the passbook app ???

when i go to youtube on the appstore and download whats there its not the same as the factory standard that used to be on the iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

no i downloaded it from the apple app store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

its poxy , old one was way better

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

its poxy , old one was way better

New one is alot better for me.
    Old one was muck, my opinion of course.

Considering, you didnt know that the you tube app dissappears in iOS6, are you aware of Google Maps being removed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

kceire wrote: »
    New one is alot better for me.
    Old one was muck, my opinion of course.

Considering, you didnt know that the you tube app dissappears in iOS6, are you aware of Google Maps being removed too?

I agree. The old one was terrible... I never used it. The new one is much better. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Some UK customers still don't have their iPhone's at the end of their estimated delivery date.

Doesn't inspire much confidence.

hmmm my estimated ship date has slipped by a today since yesterday. Its gone to 25th Oct-1st Nov.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

I ordered as soon as it was available to buy online, got accessories with it also and my delivery date says "ships in October" no date yet )-: anyone else the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

martin_g wrote: »
    I ordered as soon as it was available to buy online, got accessories with it also and my delivery date says "ships in October" no date yet )-: anyone else the same?

That's because you ordered with accessories. And they won't ship until everything is available. The accessories are the thing that's holding back a delivery date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

skyflyer wrote: »
    I agree. The old one was terrible... I never used it. The new one is much better. :)

I would agree. The new youtube app supports closed captions which neither the old apple app or the youtube site through ios does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

WHen I bought the iPhone on my debit card it deducted the money, but since today now the money appears back on my card. I presume Apple just took some kind of pre-authorisation before, and will charge the card once the phone dispatches?

• Advertisement

WHen I bought the iPhone on my debit card it deducted the money, but since today now the money appears back on my card. I presume Apple just took some kind of pre-authorisation before, and will charge the card once the phone dispatches?

Yeah that's completely normal when ordering with a debit card. They take the funds to make sure it's there. It's not when it dispatches but actually a day or two after you get the iPhone that they charge your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

DubDJ wrote: »
    That's because you ordered with accessories. And they won't ship until everything is available. The accessories are the thing that's holding back a delivery date.

I ordered mine with a micro USB lightning adaptor which ships 5-7 days yet estimated delivery for everything is 26 oct to 2 nov.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I ordered mine with a micro USB lightning adaptor which ships 5-7 days yet estimated delivery for everything is 26 oct to 2 nov.

Yeah but the 30 pin dock to lightening adapter has a ship date of 'October'. Most like the OP included that with his order and that's why it won't give him a specific date yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Got my iPhone 5 today from three :) I had to get the 64GB version.

Its nice, but I think the S3 fits in your hand better/ is more comfortable to hold. It could also do with a slightly wider screen.

The only thing that I think is better is that it has a shorter screen. I have very small hands so I do have to shuffle the S3 up and down or really stretch my thumb, so my thumb is kind of sore from it.

Its still a good phone though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Any PAYG stock in any of the shops around Dublin?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DylanII wrote: »
    Got my iPhone 5 today from three :) I had to get the 64GB version.

Its nice, but I think the S3 fits in your hand better/ is more comfortable to hold. It could also do with a slightly wider screen.

The only thing that I think is better is that it has a shorter screen. I have very small hands so I do have to shuffle the S3 up and down or really stretch my thumb, so my thumb is kind of sore from it.

Its still a good phone though. :)

So its more comfortable, but your thumb is sore from holding it?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

hey guys,

Will an unlocked iPhone 5 from Canada work over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

should do..I think now they're all the same aren't they? Barring maybe the AT&T or is it Cingular?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Just getting it straight off the apple.ca site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The CDMA iPhone won't work on non-CDMA networks, but it seems you can only buy the CDMA version through Sprint or Verizon. If you buy it from the Apple.ca site, you can only get the GSM version, which will work fine over here.

Advertisement