Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

:eek:

I want it now. :p

If I order do they take all the cash from your credit card in one lump or do they do it closer to when the phone is due?

No idea man, i bought mine in store in belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

jamieh wrote: »
    I have 24th-31st, not too far behind you! I ordered the 16gb black at about 1.30 am the night it went up for order!

Lol that's mad. I ordered my black 16gb just gone 1am and my order is 26-2 nov :eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i had my iphone 5 on charge last night ( as i always do ) but when i woke up today it was completely unresponsive till i held the home and on/off button it came to life then , any idea why this might have been ??? an update maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭donaghs

Anyone noticing a clunky rattling sound in the iPhone 5?

I'm testing one out today and its very noticeable? Kind of annoying too.

Various site mention that it could be the camera, the battery, or the "compass" :confused:
    Others mention the 4S had similar issues. I've worked with a dozen or so 4S and never come across this before.

Sounds like a battery to me. This video seems to demonstrate it well:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/iphone-5-camera-problem-apple_n_1946535.html#slide=1561101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, I got my 5 yesterday and noticed it within minutes. It's just a small clicky sound I'm seeing when you shake the phone. i think myself it's the volume buttons. Not a huge deal I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I must say that the new lightning dock is far easier to use that the old one....not fiddly, and the fact it is reversible is also cool

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

squonk wrote: »
    Yeah, I got my 5 yesterday and noticed it within minutes. It's just a small clicky sound I'm seeing when you shake the phone. i think myself it's the volume buttons. Not a huge deal I think.

It's the camera, same as on the 4s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Dades wrote: »
    Please come back in a few weeks with your more measured thoughts! Would be interested to hear at that stage how you feel about the "shift". :)

I'm surprised by the battery drain. on an iphone, 100% stays that way on standby for ages. on my s3 its on 99% less than a minute after i unplug it, and thats with the usual tweaks to lengthen life.

I'd really like to get stock android on it, but that requires rooting. and the small bit of research on it revealed that project butter doesnt run well on it (yet) because samsung dont allow access to the CPU/GPU for devs (or something)

closed ecosystem how are ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭donaghs

Mactard wrote: »
    It's the camera, same as on the 4s.

Not the same, mentioned that earlier. I'm holding a 4S and 5 right now. The 4S barely has any audible rattle from it. The 5 is like a maraca in comparison. And its not just me, to previous video link shows the same rattle. Waiting for a response from our service provider.

I think if an individual shells out a lot of their own money for the latest gadget, they're more likely to embrace it, warts and all. Saw that with the 4. But when you're evaluating them as a work tool, you want make sure its up to the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I want it now. :p

but the rand corporation and the reverse vampires will know exactly where you are at all times!

tumblr_lemkdyfPaq1qdoghio1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mine rattles but its definitely the volume controls for me. Nothing too annoying though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

donaghs wrote: »
    Not the same, mentioned that earlier. I'm holding a 4S and 5 right now. The 4S barely has any audible rattle from it. The 5 is like a maraca in comparison. And its not just me, to previous video link shows the same rattle. Waiting for a response from our service provider.

I think if an individual shells out a lot of their own money for the latest gadget, they're more likely to embrace it, warts and all. Saw that with the 4. But when you're evaluating them as a work tool, you want make sure its up to the job.

Sounds like an issue. Ring apple direct. They will replace it. The networks go through them anyway. Plus it will be done quicker going direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Was in a electronic exchange shop the weekend and the fella beside me handed in a 5 still in box unopened.

First thought was all the people at home waiting for there's and this tool handing his in for cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody looking to populate your Passbook App check out this site. Lets you add some historic passes like a ticket for the Titanic and Woodstock etc. Handy to try out a few passes.

www.flonsolutions.com/passes.html

I made a few on passsource.com

j1mPi9OUeSGnL.png

Subway one I can confirm works. You just have to have your customer no. when creating the pass

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Can anyone tell me exactly why apple is so slow at processing the iphone 5? like whats the hold up?

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me exactly why apple is so slow at processing the iphone 5? like whats the hold up?

Stock. Plenty of people who want them, you're just going to have to wait your turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

Anybody know if there are any iphone 5 for bill pay in Laois/Tipperary area in the shops to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Where did you order it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Was this from Apple.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I suppose one advantage of the long wait is the more popular apps should be updated to fit the bigger screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I suppose one advantage of the long wait is the more popular apps should be updated to fit the bigger screen.

The problem with waiting so long, is reading forums like macrumours and all the problems people are having. Including the latest one where the phone is getting bent very, very easily. :eek:

Makes me second guess if I should cancel my order. :eek::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

mad muffin wrote: »
    The problem with waiting so long, is reading forums like macrumours and all the problems people are having. Including the latest one where the phone is getting bent very, very easily. :eek:

Makes me second guess if I should cancel my order. :eek::o

I picked up one for the missus and that's the first thing that came to mind.
    My 4 lives in the arse pocket of my jeans. Don't think the 5 would last that long in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I have the black since Sunday after launch. I am aware of the scratching but its spotless so far. I keep it in a pocket on its own but it is up and down off desks and tables all day. I have ordered a bumper from dx so ill feel better when I get that.
    See the skin covers earlier though? Only .35mm thick. Might have to splash out on one of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I have the black since Sunday after launch. I am aware of the scratching but its spotless so far. I keep it in a pocket on its own but it is up and down off desks and tables all day. I have ordered a bumper from dx so ill feel better when I get that.
    See the skin covers earlier though? Only .35mm thick. Might have to splash out on one of them!

Got any links to these? Gonna pick one up this weekend hopefully and would love to have skin for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

Where are ye going to pick them up though? Any shops I've rang have said they are sold out (vodafone) and I want to get one on bill too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Got any links to these? Gonna pick one up this weekend hopefully and would love to have skin for it.

I'm not sure if This is the case he was referring to,there are a good few thin(.35mm) ones out there.But this case has great reviews and at the moment the two most popular colours are sold out(expected back in stock November).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

bazzz wrote: »
    I'm not sure if This is the case he was referring to,there are a good few thin(.35mm) ones out there.But this case has great reviews and at the moment the two most popular colours are sold out(expected back in stock November).

They're the ones alright. They look terrific!

Advertisement