Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

ryan08 wrote: »
    Where are ye going to pick them up though? Any shops I've rang have said they are sold out (vodafone) and I want to get one on bill too!

Cheers for the skin links lads, and I'm getting mine in Newry Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Anyone expecting shipment to be soon?

I wouldn't be surprised to see "Preparing for shipment" on Friday or the following Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Anyone expecting shipment to be soon?

I wouldn't be surprised to see "Preparing for shipment" on Friday or the following Monday.

I'd say next Wednesday or Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How can ye make these hopeful assumptions?! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Should just keep it and stick a cover on it

Edit: oops I'm slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

How can ye make these hopeful assumptions?! :D:D:D

If you order now, according to the delivery dates your phone will ship on 3 weeks and you get it on the 5th November. 3 weeks from today plus 3 working day delivery = 5th.

So I hope that means ours will be prepared for shipment late this week/early next week and shipped & delivered earlier than the 24th.

People have been getting theirs delivered 8 days early.

I like your theory! Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Sounds faulty. Prob best of to contact Apple

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Going back a few posts, I'm pretty sure the quiet rattle is the sleep button on top (and it is quiet on mine anyhow). It seems to make a similar sound when you gently tap the button.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, i havent on mine and the GF hasnt mentioned anything either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I got a very strange purple lines down the screen when using the camera twice , both occassion powered the phone off and it was fine , this isnt the purple haze problem people were thinking of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If you shake your phone it rattles because of the lens and also the sleep button. Nothing to worry about.

My screen has flickered once when I was entering my password in the App Store, but never again since that. Could be an iOS bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Impressed with the DC-HSPA performance - only got a chance to do some speed tests today and got around 18MBit. Best I'd seen with my 4S was 8MBit.

Anyone got over 20 on their iP5? :D

bkehoe wrote: »
    Impressed with the DC-HSPA performance - only got a chance to do some speed tests today and got around 18MBit. Best I'd seen with my 4S was 8MBit.

Anyone got over 20 on their iP5? :D

Not even getting that at home with eircom "Next generation Broadband" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I get 44 down and 24 up over here on LTE :D

EDIT: Just did another test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I get 44 down and 24 up over here on LTE :D

EDIT: Just did another test.

Maybe some day Comreg will get their act together and licence LTE here!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Anyone else feeling underwhelmed by the new iPhone? Yeah it gets the job done, it is pretty responsive and it does everything you need it to.... But it just all feels pretty jaded to me. Maybe it's just because I'm so used to the iOs but it just doesn't do anything particularly new.... Also the disappearance of Google maps & the YouTube app is a real bug bear for me ( I know this isnt specifically an iPhone 5 issue but it just grates on me and almost makes me resent Apples strategy of forcing customers to use their own software). Oh well, at least I've only got another 23 and a half months left on my contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Darren mc

Does anyone know if the iphone5 will support 4g networks should they become available here. I know they do in other countries but will that be the case here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

Anybody know where I can get the ip5 on vodafone bill pay? Cancelled the apple.ie order because I want to switch to bill pay but can't find any shops that have any! Even tried to contact vodafone but they don't know a thing and don't want to help either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Darren mc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the iphone5 will support 4g networks should they become available here. I know they do in other countries but will that be the case here?

Nope nothings set in stone yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

2 weeks on now since I placed my order on Apple.ie and my status is still "Processing". Have to say the two week wait so far wasn't as bad as I expected. Probably because I knew there'd be a long wait this time around.

I'm expecting by this time next week my order will be either "Preparing for shipment" or "Shipped". Going by previous orders from Apple including the iPhone 4 they always send them out before even the earlier estimate.

Here's hoping. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Cormo87

Yeah have noticed the same myself, only when your asked for your App Store password the screen flickers at the key board. Fingers crossed its a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Cormo87 wrote: »
    Yeah have noticed the same myself, only when your asked for your App Store password the screen flickers at the key board. Fingers crossed its a bug.

Fingers crossed it's not a hardware screen issue, mate...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I got that flicker too - just once when I had the keyboard displayed. Tried to get a screencap, but either I missed it or nothing was captured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Advertisement