Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

That screws that idea so. Would i be wasting my time sending this phone back to apple do you think?

In situations like this I'd always go to Apple first. A tiny chip from the sim tray hardly seems a fair reason to void the warranty. I personally wouldn't of even mentioned it as they probably wouldn't of even noticed. Call Apple. Tell them your suffering with connection issues and your carrier has told you it's a phone problem. They'll probably sort you out a lot easier than Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

DubDJ wrote: »
    In situations like this I'd always go to Apple first. A tiny chip from the sim tray hardly seems a fair reason to void the warranty. I personally wouldn't of even mentioned it as they probably wouldn't of even noticed. Call Apple. Tell them your suffering with connection issues and your carrier has told you it's a phone problem. They'll probably sort you out a lot easier than Vodafone.

You're right it sin't one bit fair. I never mentioned the little mark on the sim tray, it was vodafone who spotted it and they came back with that excuse then so as not to issue me with a new one or even repair it. I will get onto apple, so disappointed with the carryon of vodafone though and the killing thing is i'm only 10 days into a 2 year contract now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

You're right it sin't one bit fair. I never mentioned the little mark on the sim tray, it was vodafone who spotted it and they came back with that excuse then so as not to issue me with a new one or even repair it. I will get onto apple, so disappointed with the carryon of vodafone though and the killing thing is i'm only 10 days into a 2 year contract now.

if you are only ten days in do you not have a 14 day cooling off period to change your mind?? i'd want to speak to a manager of some description there

but in failing that you go directly to apple dont ring em go to the site and request a service call out fill in the part where it ask's whats wrong and they send you a package for your phone via UPS and they sort it out for ya best thing to do in my opinion by pass them in the shop who cant care less once they have the cash money

moggser wrote: »
    if you are only ten days in do you not have a 14 day cooling off period to change your mind?? i'd want to speak to a manager of some description there

but in failing that you go directly to apple dont ring em go to the site and request a service call out fill in the part where it ask's whats wrong and they send you a package for your phone via UPS and they sort it out for ya best thing to do in my opinion by pass them in the shop who cant care less once they have the cash money

Yes i have a cooling off period incase i change my mind but the 1.5mm of plastic missing from the sim tray has screwed that up aswell as they wont let me cancel because the phone is now 'damaged', so angry over it, next step apple. Thanks for help.

So just about 3 weeks on from when I placed my order for the new iPhone 5 and it's still "Processing". Was hoping for a change by now TBH. I doubt they'd send them out on a Friday knowing people will have to wait all weekend. I'll be really expecting to hear something sometime next week for sure. Be very surprised if I don't even though though there are huge supply constraints and low stock everywhere. Here's hoping :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

So just about 3 weeks on from when I placed my order for the new iPhone 5 and it's still "Processing". Was hoping for a change by now TBH. I doubt they'd send them out on a Friday knowing people will have to wait all weekend. I'll be really expecting to hear something sometime next week for sure. Be very surprised if I don't even though though there are huge supply constraints and low stock everywhere. Here's hoping :D

They cud be sending them out on a friday, just was reading this post so they obviously must have some more in stock now. :D:D
    http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056783374

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    They cud be sending them out on a friday, just was reading this post so they obviously must have some more in stock now. :D:D
    http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056783374

As much as I wish you were right I don't think it's anything to be excited about. Apple have stock on hand for replacements etc. and will send those out to customers direct without going through the distribution centres AFAIK. Open to correction but I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

In the same boat! If its not here by wednesday i'll be disappointed :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I'm looking at upgrading to one of these today from a 4s. Is there a noticeable difference between the two? Ie. speed wise and more important battery life?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

I'm looking at upgrading to one of these today from a 4s. Is there a noticeable difference between the two? Ie. speed wise and more important battery life?
    In my experience.....speed wise yes, battery life no. I just presumed the battery life would be much improved but it most definately is not. Don't that let that put you off though, you're used to that by now anyway presumably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

mickmc7 wrote: »
    In my experience.....speed wise yes, battery life no. I just presumed the battery life would be much improved but it most definately is not. Don't that let that put you off though, you're used to that by now anyway presumably.

Batteries lasting a day max is something I'm used too but if the 5 is worse I may stay with the 4s for now. To be honest there's nothing wrong with my 4s and its not even a year old yet, however the low cost of it is appealing plus I'd be up money if I sold my 4s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Batteries lasting a day max is something I'm used too but if the 5 is worse I may stay with the 4s for now. To be honest there's nothing wrong with my 4s and its not even a year old yet, however the low cost of it is appealing plus I'd be up money if I sold my 4s :)
    The battery isn't worse, it's just not any better!

Question for people on here with iphone 5, is your IMEI number printed on the sim tray? Thanks for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Question for people on here with iphone 5, is your IMEI number printed on the sim tray? Thanks for any help.

No, absolutely not. No markings on my sim tray at all

No, absolutely not. No markings on my sim tray at all

Thanks for getting back to me, nothing on mine either, a first for apple it seems.

Thanks for getting back to me, nothing on mine either, a first for apple it seems.

Really? That's strange where is the Seriel printed on the iPhone then? I thought it was on the 4 ill have to check mine later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Really? That's strange where is the Seriel printed on the iPhone then? I thought it was on the 4 ill have to check mine later.

This is on the Apple Website
    Your IMEI is engraved on the back case, near the bottom. The MEID number uses the first 14 digits, disregarding the last digit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Is selling my iPhone 4 16gb for 310 quid a good idea? Would leave me with paying like 370 out of my pocket for an iP5..

Just popped out the sim tray on my iPhone 4. And the IMEI and Seriel number are engraved into it. Not sure about the 4S or 5 but its definately on my one. I think the Apple article above was referring to the 3GS and below. Apple must of guessed the iPhone 4 back glass could be damaged easily and decided to move the s/n elsewhere.

Edit: I read the link. Seems the new iPhone 5 has the Seriel engraved on it. That makes it tough to replace the back with a new one. But the 4 and 4S have it in the sim tray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I think we should get an update on Monday and perhaps deliveries on the Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I think we should get an update on Monday and perhaps deliveries on the Wednesday.

Wishful thinking or?

I'd go out tomorrow and buy it on PAYG but Vodafone don't have any on PAYG :(

Aodhagan wrote: »

Very hopeful but it's something I'd love to happen. Every time I've gotten an email the last 3 days I check it hoping its a shipment notification from Apple :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

mad muffin wrote: »
    Wishful thinking or?

I'd go out tomorrow and buy it on PAYG but Vodafone don't have any on PAYG :(

Based on delivery estimates over the past couple of weeks on Apple.ie that I have been monitoring.

Basically if you ordered today, in three weeks time it would be delivered the following Wednesday or a few days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Anyone know approximately when I would be able to just walk into a shop and buy an iPhone 5?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone know approximately when I would be able to just walk into a shop and buy an iPhone 5?

With Meteor, still no.
    But my sister rang the sales team yesterday and upgraded, she will have hers by next Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

For those that have the black iphone 5, how are ye finding the scuffing issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

For those that have the black iphone 5, how are ye finding the scuffing issue?

No issue for me, though I have been slightly paranoid about it! The phone hadn't a case for 10 days of on-the-desk and in/out of the pocket use. No marks/scuffs anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

thanks lads. Just have to get me hands on one now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I have mine for three days now with no problems except for tune in radio not working over 3G. Still looking for a decent case have ordered the Poetic Atmosphere so will see what's that like when it arrives. No scratches so far but I have been minding it like a new baby.

Advertisement