Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

can anyone download the zapa tag app from the app store ...iphone 5 users that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

moggser wrote: »
    can anyone download the zapa tag app from the app store ...iphone 5 users that is

Zapa and zapa tag are giving me no results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Yeah I know... Anyone know why... Also if you browse the zapatag site from the
    Phone and click the get from App Store tab it tells me that it's not available
    In Ireland despite me having it on the 4s

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kceire wrote: »
    With Meteor, still no.
    But my sister rang the sales team yesterday and upgraded, she will have hers by next Thursday.

Just to update this, she ordered on the 18th and it arrived today, the 22nd from Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Darren mc

Yes my order for the iphone5 finally says preparing for shipment on apple.ie

Edit: Just got an email saying it's shipped, sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 saleem

Hi what time did u get that shipping email? because I'm waiting aor ages and mine says shipping on 30 oc-2 nov still says processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

calm down guys, it will ship when it ships :pac:

saleem wrote: »
    Hi what time did u get that shipping email? because I'm waiting aor ages and mine says shipping on 30 oc-2 nov still says processing

Got it at 7 this evening but before that mine was saying shipping 26oct-2nov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

what type had you ordered? mine should ship in the next few days..

eurofoxy wrote: »
    what type had you ordered? mine should ship in the next few days..

Hey I ordered the 16 gig white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

An issue I have had with my phone that was delivered today.

Turns out it's pretty common. "Loose-Screen-Gate" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

So I woke up this morning an checked my shiny new phone and its battery was at 90% which I thought was strange considering it was left charging all night.
    So I later connected to my computer and it wasn't registering as connected. I then try to charge it and no charging!!.
    I thought my phone was defective until I asked my friend who luckily had a lightning cable with him.
    It turns out that the lightning cable failed over night while charging!!. I've had 30 pin apple wires for years battered and bruised and still working. Has anyone else came across defective or heard about defective lightning cables.
    Can I just post it back to apple for a return?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Set up my new iPhone 5 from a back up... 2.5GB of other... Blah... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

BanjoB wrote: »
    So I woke up this morning an checked my shiny new phone and its battery was at 90% which I thought was strange considering it was left charging all night.
    So I later connected to my computer and it wasn't registering as connected. I then try to charge it and no charging!!.
    I thought my phone was defective until I asked my friend who luckily had a lightning cable with him.
    It turns out that the lightning cable failed over night while charging!!. I've had 30 pin apple wires for years battered and bruised and still working. Has anyone else came across defective or heard about defective lightning cables.
    Can I just post it back to apple for a return?.

Seen one or two people were having problems with charging and turned out to be the cable. I'd say get onto apple and they'll sort out a new cable for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

DubDJ wrote: »
    Seen one or two people were having problems with charging and turned out to be the cable. I'd say get onto apple and they'll sort out a new cable for you.

Some people with charging issues have had success by..........
    1.Connecting to a PC first,then plugging back into the supplied adapter.
    2.Trying the other side of the lightning cable head.
    Maybe Banjo might have some luck with this,it's just a short term solution till he
    gets a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Aodhagan wrote: »
    An issue I have had with my phone that was delivered today.

Turns out it's pretty common. "Loose-Screen-Gate" :p

Well no actually ........... not 'common'. It has happened to a tiny tiny few people ... not 'common'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

So I rang apple and they're sending me out a replacement cable. Didn't stop me having to go out and buy a new one though :(. All those 30 pin wires going to waste.:mad:

Don't know if its worthy of a thread of its own.

Price of €0.79 apps has gone up to €0.89

I don't know if others have also increased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

mad muffin wrote: »

I don't even know if its worthy of a post of its own :pac:

When I try to look at an app in the App Store I get the error:

Can't connect to iTunes.

Can't find a fix...

• Advertisement

WTF is the reasoning behind that? Because the euro has become so weak? Not liking this new policy with Apple and raising the prices of a lot of things.

DubDJ wrote: »
    WTF is the reasoning behind that? Because the euro has become so weak? Not liking this new policy with Apple and raising the prices of a lot of things.

Similar thing happened to the UK store earlier this year or was it last year.

Similar thing happened to the UK store earlier this year or was it last year.

Heard nothing about that. I just think these prices will stay permanent even if the exchange rate shifts and the euro becomes strong again. We're that much closer to paying US prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

When I try to look at an app in the App Store I get the error:

Can't connect to iTunes.

Can't find a fix...

Did you try reset your network settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Apple just keep on taking, taking & taking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Prices have gone up across the board. Apps that were 3.99 are now 4.49, etc.

I'm not defending this move, but it isn't a new policy. Apple have always adjusted prices in line with changes in the value of currency. That includes dropping prices.

bazzz wrote: »

Just tried that now. No go. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Apple just keep on taking, taking & taking.

Just like their customers apparently.

bazzz wrote: »

I signed into my us account and it worked. Signed back to the Irish one ans the error reappeared.

Changed country on my Irish account and it worked. Back to Ireland again with the error. :confused::mad:

Also signed with my wife's id and it didn't work. Signed in with my id on her iPhone 4 and that worked too.

Just on my phone it won't work on the Irish store.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I am totally going to sell some old apps I don't use at a profit.

Advertisement