Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

DubDJ wrote: »
    This video sets my mind at ease a little with the new screen resolution. Looks pretty good imo.

I really wish they dumped that homebutton and made it more edge to edge..would be great looking then...hopefully they will though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Blazer wrote: »

I really wish they dumped that homebutton and made it more edge to edge..would be great looking then...hopefully they will though :D

100% agree. But I don't think it's possible at the minute. With the iPad it is, because of the multitouch shortcuts available. But until Apple find a way for the iPhone it won't be dropping that home button. It's one of the most common problems with the iPhone too. It just eventually comes unresponsive or will stop working altogether. It would save Apple a lot in repairs if they dropped it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

So when is the new phone expected to come out?

They say it'll be released in USA by the end of this month, though there hasn't even been an announcement about the announcement :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

some say its actually an S3 with the new iphone casing......all we know is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

some say its actually an S3 with the new iphone casing......all we know is...

who.. who is saying that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

miralize wrote: »
    who.. who is saying that?

The Stig.........

whiterebel wrote: »
    The Stig.........

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

miralize wrote: »
    :o

Dunce hat for you! Into the corner you go! :P

mad muffin wrote: »
    Dunce hat for you! Into the corner you go! :P

I havent watched Top Gear in years! And the trolls in this thread are known for saying stupid things like that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Apple Event for the iPhone 5/New iPhone to be held on September 12th @ 6pm Irish time !!

iphone_2012_media_invite.jpg

Live blog link from Engadget coming soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Fair play dude...that was quick....was about to start a thread myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I was going to start one as well. I just saw the 12th as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

DubDJ wrote: »

Shweeeet! :D

Apple-event1-535x480.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Irish launch is more than likely to be on 5th of October :) 2 weeks after US release!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hilarious.

All those who got hot under the collar about what it WASN'T going to be called (aka the iPhone 5) - suck it. :pac:

Also, exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Brilliant. Sept 21st launch in Ireland would be great but can't see it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Do yee reckon there's any chance of it being released in Ireland before or on the 27th of this month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Still makes no sense to call it the 5 when it's the 6th phone, and also launching alongside iOS6.

Think they should've ditched the number and just called it 'the New iPhone' like the iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Still makes no sense to call it the 5 when it's the 6th phone, and also launching alongside iOS6.

Think they should've ditched the number and just called it 'the New iPhone' like the iPad.

That would make it difficult to differentiate from the 4 and 4S, which I assume they will continue to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

It is not called the iPhone 5 yet. I am still holding out ha ha

That would make it difficult to differentiate from the 4 and 4S, which I assume they will continue to sell.

But why wouldn't 'The new iPad' make it hard to differentiate from the previous two models? I think Apple should of went with 'The new iPhone'. Having an iPhone 5 that's sixth generation running iOS 6 is a stupid idea imo. I think they should drop the number now, since they did the same with the iPad. Fit in with the rest of the product lines.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It is not called the iPhone 5 yet. I am still holding out ha ha

Yeah typical Apple, I would not be surprised if they call it the "New Iphone"

Like they did with the ipad. it's not the iPad3, it's the "New iPad".

Mhmhmhmh...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Zascar wrote: »
    Yeah typical Apple, I would not be surprised if they call it the "New Iphone"

Like they did with the ipad. it's not the iPad3, it's the "New iPad".

Mhmhmhmh...

But on the Refurb store, they have to call it the "Current generation iPad" so they boxed themselves into one stupid corner with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't care what it's called. i want one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

don't care what it's called. i want one.

I too do not care what it's called, as it won't be called something outrageous, and between 5 and 6 is for the pedants to bicker over.

I'm on a waiting list for it but still wont lay down a cent until I see what Apple show off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Mactard wrote: »
    I too do not care what it's called, as it won't be called something outrageous, and between 5 and 6 is for the pedants to bicker over.

I'm on a waiting list for it but still wont lay down a cent until I see what Apple show off.

Im on a waiting list in my head for it.
    Waiting on specs and price announcements before i get too excited

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The iPhone 3310 has a nice ring to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

1ZRed wrote: »
    Right. Yeah I definitely am worse than a fanboy. I think I know a bit more about technology than you as well so I know what I'm missing out on when I settle with iPhone.

What exactly do you need to do on a phone that requires 4 cores?

Advertisement