Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Im with three for the last 18 months. Im hoping for an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

There is no chance of getting an upgrade with three until your contract runs out. I have begged them to give an iphone 4s and offered to take another two year contract out with them and they constantly tell me I'm not entitled to an upgrade until my two year contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

DubDJ wrote: »
    Sorry I meant to say, from the Apple Online Store. They let people pre-order from there.

I wonder why Three, E-mobile, Meteor and Vodafone let u pre-order the 4s last year but not 02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

leemaree wrote: »
    I wonder why Three, E-mobile, Meteor and Vodafone let u pre-order the 4s last year but not 02.
    Pre-ordering only works if you have the stock to fulfill your orders. Apple determine the stock levels, not the operators. When the 4s was launched the networks got limited numbers and a lot of people were left waiting for a new batch of phones to come in. Happened with the 4 and the 3Gs too. So O2 wont promise if they can't deliver.

• Advertisement

Is there any live video of the Apple event on Wednesday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is there any live video of the Apple event on Wednesday?
    Unlikely. But there'll be live blogs.

Unlikely. But there'll be live blogs.

Link and time of irish time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

There is no chance of getting an upgrade with three until your contract runs out. I have begged them to give an iphone 4s and offered to take another two year contract out with them and they constantly tell me I'm not entitled to an upgrade until my two year contract is up.

Nonsense. The same rules don't apply to everyone. It'll be based on your spending. They were trying to push a 4S on me this time last year when I had about 5 months left on contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Link and time of irish time

6pm usually... and go to The Verge, Macrumours, Engadget or GDGT for the liveblog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I am ridiculously excited. I've been without my iphone for maybe 2 months and feel like part of me is missing! Cannot wait to get the new one. Currently pre-pay with o2 but thinking about going on bill, purely cause I couldnt wait the extra weeks itll take the prepays to come in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Nonsense. The same rules don't apply to everyone. It'll be based on your spending. They were trying to push a 4S on me this time last year when I had about 5 months left on contract.
    Three were offering me an upgrade to a 4S, 3 months before my contract ran out. I'm on the cheapest iPhone package and very rarely spend much above the base cost.

They tend to offer upgrades close to the end of your contract to try and get you locked in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

miralize wrote: »
    :pac:

Smart people think alike!

;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

same here..had an 18mnth contract on IP4 and 4 months before it was up they were offering me 4s..declined and they're offered me a 12 month extension for the price of 10 months and I could upgrade again in October...which works out perfectly for me ..just in time for the IP5 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm ina pretty awkward situation. I have a 3GS, am entitled to an upgrade and would like an iPhone 5.

However, my current Vodafone data plan is very beneficial...unlike new plans, I can use my data abroad for no extra fee and I can tether to my iPad home and abroad for no extra fee. Because I travel quite a bit I find this to be very advantageous.

May have to buy the iPhone 5 outside of the upgrade!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

3 are all over the place when it comes to upgrades. They were sticking to 2 months before the end of contract, now have changed to it to 3 or 4 months from contract end. When I was due an upgrade, they offered me the same as a new customer anyway, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a brilliant deal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm ina pretty awkward situation. I have a 3GS, am entitled to an upgrade and would like an iPhone 5.

However, my current Vodafone data plan is very beneficial...unlike new plans, I can use my data abroad for no extra fee and I can tether to my iPad home and abroad for no extra fee. Because I travel quite a bit I find this to be very advantageous.

Get your 3GS unlocked by Vodafone and i'll buy it from you, off setting some of the 5 costs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

My battery on my iphone 4 release day seems slightly less recently or maybe I am using it more. This upgrade was going to be ignored however It's gaining traction....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

FutureGuy wrote: »

On thé contrary, I think you're sitting pretty. If I were you, I'd just buy the new iPhone outright and keep that tariff, which is outstanding in Irish terms. Never give it up! As kceire suggests above, sell him the 3Gs and get a new iPhone from some cheaper market like the States when available.

I myself have a legacy SIM which they will have to prise from my dead fingers: 300 minutes/SMS, 5300 3-3 minutes, 2GB data a month, tethering included ............for 5 pounds from 3 UK.

In the immortal words of Rick Astley, "never gonna give you up".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Stab*City wrote: »
    How long are you with them?

15 months, heres the text:
    From 3. XXXX, Good news! You are now eligible for your hanset upgrade. Call the upgrade team on XXX to hear your offer.

Then the web address and a code to stop the texts.

‎6th gen iPhone will support 4G LTE networks around the world (though it won't be available on every carrier).

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/07/next-iphone-will-reportedly-have-global-lte-support/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

culabula wrote: »
    On thé contrary, I think you're sitting pretty.

+1
    The 3GS to the 5 will be a nice upgrade and a massive improvement of user experience!
    I myself have a legacy SIM which they will have to prise from my dead fingers: 300 minutes/SMS, 5300 3-3 minutes, 2GB data a month, tethering included ............for 5 pounds from 3 UK.

Jez, thats some price plan :eek: :eek:
    I thought i was doing well with my Meteor Family And Friends Plan :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

You're on the tracker mortgage of mobile plans! :pac:

Thats not what 3 say:

You’ll be eligible for an upgrade once you complete 21 months of your contract term.

So they say i can upgrade in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Stab*City wrote: »
    Thats not what 3 say:

You’ll be eligible for an upgrade once you complete 21 months of your contract term.

So they say i can upgrade in December.

Cant you just buy out the remaining months on your contract, if you are really that pushed on upgrading?

Cant you just buy out the remaining months on your contract, if you are really that pushed on upgrading?

6x€60 + Iphone5

Might be better off just buying the damn thing outright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Is the only way to avoid losing your historical benefits to buy sim free?

I've got tethering, data roaming and 2GB data with Vodafone, and have served my contract. Do they perhaps negotiate with out-of-contactors?

Advertisement