Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

there were photos of the box art that clearly said "new iPhone" but the invite has a 5 in the shadow.

who thinks the 5 actually means products and not the number 5 iphone

new iphone
    new ipod touch
    new shuffle
    new nano
    new macbook 13inch retina/iMac (any other product).

I never thought of it that way. U could b right ;)

1 day 8 hrs, 32 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Little bit skeptical about that leaked picture of the box art. Either that girl has freakishly small hands or the alleged box is going to be huge compared to what's gone before.

The main problem with saying "new" is that it makes it hard for consumers to differentiate between models. What are they going to call the next iPad? The "new" new iPad? And so on. Otherwise when an unsuspected joe soap walks into a shop and asks for a "new iPad", they could be sold anything. That's assuming that Apple will continue their existing model of selling the previous generation alongside the current one.
    In virtually every other type of product, there's a way to differentiate between what's a current model and what's a previous model.

I'm not particularly concerned about the nomenclature and the sequence, but "new" doesn't differentiate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

This thread has just got silly. This announcement can't come soon enough.

Purchasing is not going to be influenced on what the device is called. That will go down to the features that are announced tomorrow.

Hopefully I will be on the lookout for one this side of Christmas and don’t care if it’s an iPhone 5, The New iPhone or the iPhone next generation and can’t see why anyone else would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Google just launched their standalone YouTube app ahead of the iOS 6 release.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/9/11/3314384/youtube-app-iphone-ipod-touch-photos-video

Looks a lot better. Can't wait to see what they do with the Maps app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

DubDJ wrote: »

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/9/11/3314384/youtube-app-iphone-ipod-touch-photos-video

I'll be happy if the search function is improved. It is dreadful as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Looks good. It's a shame it's not an universal app though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Brian017 wrote: »

Looks good. It's a shame it's not an universal app though.

Yeah strange move not releasing the iPad version. But they did the same thing with the Google+ app. Just hope it doesn't take as long as it did with that app before they released the iPad specific version. The ads will be a little off putting though. But the extras outweigh that. A lot more content available now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Yeah strange move not releasing the iPad version. But they did the same thing with the Google+ app. Just hope it doesn't take as long as it did with that app before they released the iPad specific version. The ads will be a little off putting though. But the extras outweigh that. A lot more content available now too.

I read somewhere that they are still working on the ipad version but it'll take months :(

For the time being i wonder if the iphone version of the app works well with the ipad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Would love to see hugely improved battery life in the iphone 5 - know it's not going to happen but can always hope. Not much point of a "retina display" if my screen's brightness is constantly turned down.

Really hope that the sim card size does not change. I am with meteor and their service is great, so long as you don't have to contact them for anything. The simplest of issues becomes an overdrawn hassle with their customer service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Wasn't this "leaked packaging" deemed a fake as there's a native YouTube app on the device screen (replaced today, in fact)? Not to mention the fact that Apple would hardly print "The New iPhone" on the box (the new iPad just said "iPad").

Almost certainly bogus. So iPhone 5 is still where it's at for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Debs_Mann

One Day to go until we see what the new Iphone looks like, taller, but slimmer, Sim Card getting smaller as well as power lead, to allow for better battery and camera. So the rumours say. Can't wait

1 day 40 hours 48 mins 20 sec, cant wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

leemaree wrote: »
    1 day 40 hours 48 mins 20 sec, cant wait :)
    I presume that is supposed to 4 hours and not 40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I cand find the new youtube app in the store is it not out yet???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah couldnt find it on App store on phone or iTunes either but direct link worked to download to laptop and then downloaded to phone from cloud.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/youtube/id544007664

bucks73 wrote: »
    Yeah couldnt find it on App store on phone or iTunes either but direct link worked to download to laptop and then downloaded to phone from cloud.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/youtube/id544007664

cool cheers man

Clicking the link on an iPhone brings it up on the AppStore aswell

wow so much better view the vid and read comments at the same time:eek::D
    I like that added feature alot

so simple and so much better

cant delete the other youtube app though theres no x when you double tap it
    so how to you get rid of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

biggebruv wrote: »

iOS 6 will remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Its a native app so you cant get rid of it till you update to ios 6

Stock apps can't be removed but if you're jailbroken you can hide it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just bury it in a folder on your last page of apps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Any news on when iOS6 will pop up on the updates?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dades wrote: »
    Just bury it in a folder on your last page of apps!

How very un-apple of you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Any news on when iOS6 will pop up on the updates?

Hopefully shortly after tomorrow's announcement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

maximoose wrote: »
    Hopefully shortly after tomorrow's announcement

It will be they day the next iPhone comes out. The Golden Master will be out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

YouTube App looks pretty decent, even on the iPad. Happy enough with it. Would be more interested in a native Google Maps App on IOS6 than YouTube though. Wonder when we'll see that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

miralize wrote: »
    It will be they day the next iPhone comes out. The Golden Master will be out tomorrow

I think it might be before the launch as I think last time they had trouble with releasing new software as lots of new phones were activated.

Advertisement