Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I really dont think they will release the software before the iPhone comes out. They've never done anything different, for any of their iProduct lines..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah as said above they'll probably release the GM seed of iOS 6 tomorrow. Then the full version preinstalled on the new iPhone on release day. With updates rolling out for iOS devices. It'll be handy getting to mess around with iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 before gettin the new phone.

Was nearly going to miss the announcement but can now luckily keep track and follow it on the love blogs. Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I day, 1 hour, 52 mins 40 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah as said above they'll probably release the GM seed of iOS 6 tomorrow. Then the full version preinstalled on the new iPhone on release day. With updates rolling out for iOS devices. It'll be handy getting to mess around with iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 before gettin the new phone.

Was nearly going to miss the announcement but can now luckily keep track and follow it on the love blogs. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Whats the love blogs?? Any chance of a link?

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Is it this?

http://live.gizmodo.com/

edit: just realised you meant to write 'live' and not 'love' haha

• Advertisement

yermandan wrote: »
    Whats the love blogs?? Any chance of a link?

Cheers!

Not sure if joking about autocorrect or genuinely asking. But there we're a few posts of live blogs yesterday.

EDIT: Just seen the edit Haha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah as said above they'll probably release the GM seed of iOS 6 tomorrow.
    Does this mean there'll be links available to the seed so you can install it yourself via iTunes? Is the release only to developers though, so you have find yourself a *friendly* link?

I seem to remember doing that before with a previous release.

Some more details regarding tomorrows iPod lineup refresh. Also a possibility of Panorama being built into the camera app. I'd say that will be one of the new software features.

Dades wrote: »
    Does this mean there'll be links available to the seed so you can install it yourself via iTunes? Is the release only to developers though, so you have find yourself a *friendly* link?

I seem to remember doing that before with a previous release.

Yeah the GM seed will only be for the Devs. However I remember normal users downloading the Golden Master (from pirate sites) and installing it on their devices, and even though they weren't related to developer accounts the GM seed activated and worked. I'll be waiting the week or two extra and installing the official version. Even though the GM seed is usually identical i'll still hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Ive been running IOS6 on my iPad for a few weeks now. Will probably hold off putting it on my phone though. Want the new phone to feel as new as possible so will wait to try the new software on the new handset. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Ive been running IOS6 on my iPad for a few weeks now. Will probably hold off putting it on my phone though. Want the new phone to feel as new as possible so will wait to try the new software on the new handset. :-)

any noticeable improvements to ipad with IOS6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cyrus wrote: »
    siri being the big 'un, ipad 3 only though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Not long out of the Apple Store, Boston funny how excited all the staff are ahead of 2mo. The store was pretty busy with all sections except the iPhone Section.

Everyone just waiting for 2mo, head to a Starbucks meself at 10am get live feed of announcements.

Cyrus wrote: »

Not really if I'm honest. The 'Do Not Disturb' feature is something I will get use from on my phone. The ability to share pretty much anything straight to email, message, facebook & twitter is handy. But the loss of Google Maps & YouTube was a big turn off for me. Thankfully native YouTube App today sorted that. No Siri on iPad 2 unfortunately.

Cant't think of anything else that stands out. The syncing of Safari tabs across IOS devices will be handy when I have IOS6 on the phone. Thats it really.

20 Hours, 4 mins, 30 sec left

19 hrs, 56 mins. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

By this time tomorrow i will either be waiting for iPhone launch date here in Ireland or looking forward to getting an S3 or One X on Thursday morning. Decision time. Please dont let me down Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

http://iphoneteam.co/

this is it supposedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

scary wrote: »

this is it supposedly
    It's fan made. Although its done well, Apple would make a much higher quality iPhone video.

That's pretty much what's going to be announced tomorrow though, bar finger print scanner ofc.

this is it supposedly

Hmmmm, intriguing. Genuine?

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, intriguing. Genuine?

Nope. @ 0.26 you can see the cheap graphics used to render it. Not Apple's style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Hey guys so the usual questions are going to come up around this time so I may as well get in there first ;) I bought the 4S on launch day last year will I be able to get out of my contract with O2? And also do the majority of people buy their iPhone from Apple or the network? Whats the difference?

this is it supposedly

It's already been posted on page 49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Meh!

If thats a real video, Doesnt seem to special

Only thing there in that video that i would have interest in is the 128gb.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Meh!

If thats a real video, Doesnt seem to special

Only thing there in that video that i would have interest in is the 128gb.
    That's all you can expect tomorrow, I guarantee it will be very predictable and underwhelming.

Even if all this stuff didn't get leaked at all, I would still be very underwhelmed. There's fuck all that's special about it.

Would like to see the feature of accessing Bluetooth and Location Services etc quickly. SBS Settings is pretty much the main reason i ever jailbroke my IOS devices. Could never understand why i needed to go through 3 different screens to connect a device via Bluetooth. Silly.

I would agree though that the whole thing points to an anti-climax in 19hrs time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would like to see the feature of accessing Bluetooth and Location Services etc quickly. SBS Settings is pretty much the main reason i ever jailbroke my IOS devices. Could never understand why i needed to go through 3 different screens to connect a device via Bluetooth. Silly.

I would agree though that the whole thing points to an anti-climax in 19hrs time.

That is an iOS issue though and nothing to do with a new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

1ZRed wrote: »
    It's fan made. Although its done well, Apple would make a much higher quality iPhone video.

That's pretty much what's going to be announced tomorrow though, bar finger print scanner ofc.

And the swipe up for mission control, I can't see apple making that themselves. That's SBSettings' job.

9 hours 15 min 40 sec to go people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement