Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Ha! I'll have a gander so! :)

I'll PM you a link this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Aodhagan wrote: »

Ah cheers nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

it's 2 hours, 14, minutes, 9 sec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

"Open with a joke, open with a joke...... so there's 5 trucks full of 5c coins out back...."

and a GooPhone i5 for everybody in the audience. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

You can get your hands on the Gold Master (final build) tonight.

You just need to look for it :)

If anyone comes across the GM will you stick the link here or if not allowed send it via PM. Will stick it on the iPad to see what it is like before the official version launches. The first time I want to play around with IOS6 on a phone is on my iPhone 5.

Will we have 1,000 posts on the thread before the conference even kicks off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Me too please

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    If anyone comes across the GM will you stick the link here or if not allowed send it via PM. Will stick it on the iPad to see what it is like before the official version launches. The first time I want to play around with IOS6 on a phone is on my iPhone 5.

Will we have 1,000 posts on the thread before the conference even kicks off?

Technically it is piracy so people can PM me if they want links.

It will be the exact same as the official version though, so you won't have to worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

I hope itunes gets an major over hall its just so clunky at the moment and navigation around it is so bad, I just hate it and have hated it for years.

Anyone know where there is a live stream of this

Thanks

Dymo wrote: »
    I hope itunes gets an major over hall its just so clunky at the moment and navigation around it is so bad, I just hate it and have hated it for years.

Thanks

http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Dymo wrote: »

Thanks
    There wont be a livestream, follow a tech blog's liveblog though for up to date info

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    guil wrote: »
    What are you expecting? What's so special about the galaxy s3? We've already seen that specs mean fcuk all when compared on benchmark tests

I think people just need to cool down a small bit here. I've posted before about how the S3 is a good phone spec wise and I gave reasons, so I'm not going to do it again. Specs mean a lot, if they didn't, why would you even bother upgrading from the first iPhone?

The iPhone 5 probably won't be quad-core. By that fact alone it'll be much weaker in specs and benchmarks. That's how it is with the iPad 3 and the transformer prime CPU wise.

I don't think it's fair that we can't even discuss other phones coming from the point of current iPhone users, which I am. It doesn't do any good to be blind to Apple and throw down on the rest and not be aware of what's actually on the market from other manufactures.
    If specs are so important how does the 4s beat the gsii so much in benchmarks with only half the ram and a CPU nearly %17 slower

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    The Irish Apple store is down. Good sign for inclusion in initial launch ?

I think there is a lot of updates coming so its not just the iPhone.

The more i think about it I think I'll be sticking to the iPhone 4s. I think the 2 year cycle is good enough for me.

As for the android debate I've a Google Nexus (work) and iPhone 4s (personal) and the iPhone gets used 99.99999999999% of the time. Its just easier to use. The Nexus is diverted to the iPhone. God bless unlimited plans

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

godtabh wrote: »
    The more i think about it I think I'll be sticking to the iPhone 4s. I think the 2 year cycle is good enough for me.

thats my thinking.

Bought my iPhone 4 from Apple in Belfast on launch day.
    Sold it this week.
    Got upgrade of S3 and sold it.
    Cash earned pays for iPhone 5 :D

Will do the same in 2 years time.

kceire wrote: »

thats my thinking.

Sold it this week.

Hi delboy lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

kceire wrote: »
    thats my thinking.

Sold it this week.

Going to sell my 4 to part finance the 5, but can't be without it for a month while waiting on the 5!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I think there is a lot of updates coming so its not just the iPhone.

As for the android debate I've a Google Nexus (work) and iPhone 4s (personal) and the iPhone gets used 99.99999999999% of the time. Its just easier to use. The Nexus is diverted to the iPhone. God bless unlimited plans

I have 4S too, but I didn't pay for it so would be tempted to fund an iPhone 5.

However having looked at what's coming might stick with 4S, go for the 4inch screen iPod predicted with gps, camera etc and an iPad mini rather than the 5.
    If it wasn't for the stupid rattles of the 4S probably wouldn't even be considering a change.

Although what you would do with all the gadgets I'm not sure!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi delboy lol

If only you knew the half of it mate :D

Bought 2 S3's from Meteor for €280 all in, sold them for €430 (Blue) & €450 (white), also got an IP4 from eMobile for €149 12 months ago (the GF's) and sold that last week for €310, and getting €350 for my IP4 (32gb) so with all of that, we may be an IP5 x 2 household :D

This months mortgage, now thats another story :)
    L5 wrote: »
    Going to sell my 4 to part finance the 5, but can't be without it for a month while waiting on the 5!

I have a feeling it wont be that long.
    I have a Nokia 6300 as a back up phone, and just exported all my contacts last night as VCF's and put them on it through Nokia PC Suite, that was my main concern, not having contact numbers.

I will keep a close eye on release dates, and if the UK get it considerably earlier, i'll order through the Belfast Store again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Me too please
    And me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Anyone know any decent Twitter accounts for live updates via Twitter Timeline?

If there was a few that do it I'd prefer to just swipe and refresh on the iPad and see everything in one place on my Timeline than switching between windows following a few blogs on the laptop. Ta...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

As of today I have a year left on my iPhone contract. It will finish just in time for the iPhone 5s/6. I'll be starting a new thread on that around 8:00 this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Squ wrote: »
    And me please.

Add me to the list as well please.....:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Add me to the list as well please.....:)
    And me... *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dades wrote: »
    And me... *cough*

robitussin-chesty-cough.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

48 minutes, 20 sec to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

Am I correct in saying that iOS 6 will be released this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

dubmick wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying that iOS 6 will be released this evening?

Yes. It will cost 34USD also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yes. It will cost 34USD also.

Nope sorry your wrong there. It's actually $33.99. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Probably not as they'll release it on the new iPhone 5 first and in a week or 2 the rest of us will get it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

iOS 6 is free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

iOS 6 is free.
    Ye but theyll probably release it on the new iPhone first so as to attract customers

Advertisement