Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Will anywhere outside of america us passbook to its fullest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

which iphone so far is best to buy

Has someone hacked your account?:confused:

Hmm passbook, probably useless in Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

DubDJ wrote: »
    A6 confirmed

No mention on whether it's quad-core or not?
    Think it's still dual-core but faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

The jump to a 4'' screen is big. That's the perfect screen size for a phone imo and apple have nailed that now while the Android phones have gone to silly sizes.
    Wow, fanboy quote of the day! The previous screen size was "perfect" before this!
    Android is on many phones of many sizes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So far there's very little that that HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy III don't already have. Apple seem to be losing more and more ground.

Dude, dude! You forgot the magically, perfectly sized 4" display. Apparently it's the perfect size now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Was there any mention of NFC in the hardware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Recycling iOS features announced at WWDC. But still I went into the Keynote knowing all the details and I like it. And i'll be buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well, having news feed website on one monitor, then having boards.ie on other monitor and then watching south park on my last monitor. he did say that PCs, are **** though. :(

so far i am impressed with one item: camera. If it is really that good apple might have me back for another slave year coming from 3gs. if not, i might aswell go for lumia 920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Sports scores.... yaaaaaawwwwwwwn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

Nope I reckon that's for the 5S, an article on 9to5 mac said they dropped

N41 for N42 which didn't have NFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've got a 64gb 4S right now and there's nothing there that would tempt me to upgrade. If anything I'll wait for the next gen of Androids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Does any of this actually matter? Fact is, it's going to shift millions of units worldwide and will be the most popular smartphone on the planet.

Next....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So far there's very little that that HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy III don't already have. Apple seem to be losing more and more ground.
    Oh and for the people that say all these phones are just too big etc - don't forget the HTC One S which has a 4.3" screen and is incredibly thin and light - really nice phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lmkman

What's passbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

Was there any mention of NFC in the hardware?

Nope I reckon that's for the 5S, an article on 9to5 mac said they dropped N41 for N42 which didn't have NFC.

no ipad mini :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Does any of this actually matter? Fact is, it's going to shift millions of units worldwide and will be the most popular smartphone on the planet.

Next....

Don't be so sure - no killer feature really.

They should have kept the thing thicker and boosted battery size - that would have been a killer feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mr Velo wrote: »

Next....

That is the sad, sad truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

no ipad mini :(

Surely, the iPhone 5 IS a Mac mini

how much is this new iphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That is the sad, sad truth.

Why....it's still a very good phone.

Not everyone is thinking of upgrading from 4s!

People make me laugh here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How much of this IOS 6 stuff is going to work here or will it be gimped like Siri?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Phones have peaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really don't see what your problem is with the bezels.
    The two bulky blocks of wasted space is not ugly to you? Well it's something I find unattractive and wasteful on my iPhone 4 when I could have a bigger screen in its place while keeping the size of the phone the same.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Also, I remember your post, all you went on about was tech specs. There was nothing revolutionary on the S3 (unless you fall asleep while using it)
    Well tell me this, if the S3 doesn't do anything "revolutionary", what does the new iPhone do?

And if it doesn't do anything "revolutionary" either, why would you ever throw down on it when it's a superior product? It's a bit hypocritical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't think that Apple would have released such an ugly looking device if Steve Jobs was alive. Compared to the new Lumia 920, it looks like a pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

what way are apple stocks heading as this goes out?

this makes me sad now this apple event sucked and with nintendo wii u live conference tomorrow hype is lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

iphone-5_091.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Wow, fanboy quote of the day! The previous screen size was "perfect" before this!
    Android is on many phones of many sizes!

Afraid not. I'm not an Apple fan but after using the HTC Desire 3.88'' screen coming from a 3GS years ago I came to that decision myself, thank you. The S2 is slighlty too big for me and going back to the 4S is painful to my thumbs trying to double bend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

how much is this new iphone
    €600 sim free for the 16gig version I'd say.

Advertisement