Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

kceire wrote: »
    I'll end up with 2 for free so i wont say no to be honest.

Nice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I think it looks great. Love the metal back and longer screen.

Unfortunately I just dont like iOS, so I wont be picking it up, but still, beautiful looking device.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Yes they're actually stealing the money from your pocket.

:rolleyes:

They're hardly philanthropists

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter
    iBleedin hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

Fúck me!!!! Will that even fit into my Panasonic stereo I bought last year??
    ye better hope it will:rolleyes::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

chops018 wrote: »
    Says on the apple site when comparing the 5 to the 4s that it has 225 hours on standby rather than the 200 of the 4s...........

So basically if you recharge your 4s once in 24 hrs, you now get to recharge once in 27 hrs.......which is pointless as you will jsut do it overnight as usual.

A battery improvement that means something means you will only have to recharge it every 2 days or 3 days. It would have been worth their while keeping the thickness as the 4s to facilitate this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

£529 stg on the UK store for the 16gb. Available fr pre-order this Friday.
    Me have a sneeky suspicion the prices will be ever so slightly up on the 4S.....

So its gonna start at about €679 to €700 here :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

So basically if you recharge your 4s once in 24 hrs, you now get to recharge once in 27 hrs.......which is pointless as you will jsut do it overnight as usual.

A battery improvement that means something means you will only have to recharge it every 2 days or 3 days. It would have been worth their while keeping the thickness as the 4s to facilitate this

I think it would mean that your phone will last until the ned of the day instead of going dead before you got home.

DylanII wrote: »
    I think it would mean that your phone will last until the ned of the day instead of going dead before you got home.

Depends on your usage ;)

Depends on your usage ;)

Yes but it will last longer. Its not as if its not going to make any difference.

DylanII wrote: »
    Yes but it will last longer. Its not as if its not going to make any difference.

To me it would make no difference - work means i sometimes am away from a charger for 2 days - any upgrade to battery life less than lasting 2 days is meaningless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭misterdarkness

had iphone from 2007 right up till today i need new phone so i was holding out to see what this was like. Very disapointed, had a feeling once jobs was gone we would start to see the giant slip and its happening, apple will go the way of nokia.

iOS is not very different so as of tomorrow morning apple just lost customer i'm going to 3 and getting s3. I find android more fuctional, can even use a torrent app on android.

RIP apple, dying slowly but your dying

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    So its gonna start at about €679 to €700 here :eek:

yeah, same pricing as the Samsung Galaxy S3, assuming you buy sim free directly. Both will be had for free or alot lower on selected bill pay plans of course as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

had iphone from 2007 right up till today i need new phone so i was holding out to see what this was like. Very disapointed, had a feeling once jobs was gone we would start to see the giant slip and its happening, apple will go the way of nokia.

iOS is not very different so as of tomorrow morning apple just lost customer i'm going to 3 and getting s3. I find android more fuctional, can even use a torrent app on android.

Same.. This new iPhone is pretty disappointing, to be honest so was the 4s..

It amazes me that people will go crazy for this tech, there is nothing new, no great appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Ok predicting the death of Apple because your not impressed with the latest phone is a bit much guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Apple should use that 90s song to market the nano.

No no, nano no no, nano there's no limit!

To me it would make no difference - work means i sometimes am away from a charger for 2 days - any upgrade to battery life less than lasting 2 days is meaningless

you wouldnt get 2 days out of an S3 either or an S2 for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Bar the fact that the phone is 2010 tech and generally very underwhelming, what's pissed me off is that the Foo Fighters sold out and performed at the event, respect lost Mr Grohl et all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

The new Iphone looks nice, but its not tall enough.

I'll wait for this

iL1MR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Any Android users still here kicking the dust up? Two troll burgers to go please. Night y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Although it's not an official Apple store, does anyone know will the phone be available in the Compu b store in Dundrum Shopping Centre?

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    Any Android users still here kicking the dust up? Two troll burgers to go please. Night y'all.

I'm a avid Android user, but having an iPad grants me access to this Forum

yeah, same pricing as the Samsung Galaxy S3, assuming you buy sim free directly. Both will be had for free or alot lower on selected bill pay plans of course as usual.

Samsung dont sell direct. The price of the S3 is €569 and not €679. That is not the same price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Both will be had for free or alot lower on selected bill pay plans of course as usual.

How much lower than free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I was suspecting the design would be just like the rest but hoping for a totally revolutionary design.
    This is a disappointment and nothing with this phone will make me rush out to buy it.
    Was holding off for a new phone,been with apple since 2007 now I am definitely going to pick up the S3 this week.
    I doubt I am the only one underwhelmed by the 5.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Someone tell Tim to change the design quick, someone doesn't like it:eek:

leemaree wrote: »
    Although it's not an official Apple store, does anyone know will the phone be available in the Compu b store in Dundrum Shopping Centre?

Dont know about Dundrum but the one at the end of Grafton Street dont sell iPhones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I get two days out of my S3 easily, three sometimes. It's not on 3G all the time though, maybe an hour a day, wifi for the remainder. There's a battery saving mode which seems to boost it quite decently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭thomasj

Depends on your usage but you can carry a spare battery around.....

How much lower than free?

They give you a few quid :D

Meant alot lower than buying directly from Apple or Pixmania etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Dont know about Dundrum but the one at the end of Grafton Street dont sell iPhones

None of the CompuB shops sell iPhones

Advertisement