Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Hmmm, I needs one of these voucher codes by the sound of things.

Where to get one is the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

Hi guys

Thinking of preordering from apple uk tomorrow maybe but still undecided. Does anyone know if this crowd. Www.deliverme.ie are reliable ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

speeding wrote: »
    Hi guys

Thinking of preordering from apple uk tomorrow maybe but still undecided. Does anyone know if this crowd. Www.deliverme.ie are reliable ?

Whats their policy on lost goods?
    What is the max value? Parcel Motel is €100 IIRC.

Also, anybody know if you can pre-order on the Belfast store and pick up on launch day/weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭squonk

Anyone know if Meteor/eMobile still use o2's Edge network when outside of 3G coverage? Definitely thinking of moving from o2 this time around but I do like the Edge coverage which is better than the GPRS offered by Vodafone and their partner networks like 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

If I were to go to Belfast, do you think the 32gb would be cheaper there than from Apple in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭squonk

miralize wrote: »
    If I were to go to Belfast, do you think the 32gb would be cheaper there than from Apple in Ireland?

Well, for the iPad3 launch, a friend of mine was in Belfast at the store on the day and picked up a 64Gb model for me. When the prices came out here on the Repulic launch day, they were cheaper when conversion rates were taken into account. I think you'll end up paying a bit more via Belfast.

Give or take the same price, but nobody knows for certain until the prices are announced.
    Dont forget to factor in fuel cost, and parking cost in Victoria Square and also trying to work out if there will be a que and if the stock levels will make the trip worth while.

I paid 599 stg for my 4 in there 2 years ago and the 32gb 5 is seemly still 599 stg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Apple's reason for not making the phone any wider was so you could easily type with one hand. Are wider phones like the nokia lumia, samsung or HTC difficult to type on with one hand? something i've never thought about before.

yer man! wrote: »
    Apple's reason for not making the phone any wider was so you could easily type with one hand. Are wider phones like the nokia lumia, samsung or HTC difficult to type on with one hand? something i've never thought about before.

TBH, i found the S3 difficult to navigate with one hand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the Arc S at the moment and the better half has an Ipad 2 and a 4S.
    I see no reason what so ever to upgrade either of the Apple devices.
    The Arc S on the other hand I am stuck with for a further 12 months and I already dislike the choppy nature of the software I run.
    Now, I prefer Android overall but I just wish it had the smoothness of the Apple line.
    I suppose it is all down to the divergence of the hardware away from a central standard meaning you wind up with differing specs for different phones, heck in a handsets lifespan the one model can change, this happened with the HTC Desire, going from OLED to SuperLCD mid life.

So, I shall be saving my pennies for two things, a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Note 2+n (whatever model is available next year, so n has a value of either 0 or 1)

• Advertisement

Well if i want to knock one out i'll stick with the iPhone.:D

Seriously though how many people browse one handed?
    I've never done it TBH.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've never done it TBH.
    Hello? Driving?! :pac:

Dades wrote: »
    Hello? Driving?! :pac:

Tut tut tut.

kceire wrote: »
    Give or take the same price, but nobody knows for certain until the prices are announced.
    Dont forget to factor in fuel cost, and parking cost in Victoria Square and also trying to work out if there will be a que and if the stock levels will make the trip worth while.

I paid 599 stg for my 4 in there 2 years ago and the 32gb 5 is seemly still 599 stg.
    Well I can get to Belfast for free, and if I preorder it tomorrow, wouldn't that mean I could reserve it for the Belfast store?

Well I can get to Belfast for free, and if I preorder it tomorrow, wouldn't that mean I could reserve it for the Belfast store?

It depends, the pre-order system may be for delivery only.

i just got offered a gold upgrade for 24 months. Is that a solid offer from o2? or should i pay the rest of my contract (120) and jump ship to someone like 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

yer man! wrote: »

depends on hand size I guess.

initally when I got galaxy nexus i needed two hands, but quite often only use one now when doing somehting and replying quickly to a text or looking up phonebook to ring someone etc.

emails etc and longer useage I switch to two hands tho.

Well if i want to knock one out i'll stick with the iPhone.:D

I've never done it TBH.

I do it all the time. Never use my other hand for using my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Penn wrote: »
    I'm thinking I might just stick with what I have until next year, or maybe pick up a cheap 4S. I know the 5 will be faster, better camera and display etc, but I don't think there was anything to justify the price for me.

Think I will do the same no major difference between the 4s, not too impressed with the iphone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Seriously thinking of jumping ship to HTC X1 or S3.
    I'm lucky in that I still have an ipad so I've still full access to all my itunes etc so not locked in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm lucky in that I still have an ipad so I've still full access to all my itunes etc so not locked in :)

there is a app called isyncer which puts you're itunes music on a android device also updates playcount as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I do it all the time. Never use my other hand for using my phone.

Well one can only imagine what the other hand is doing :p

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Well one can only imagine what the other hand is doing :p

I'm going to make you feel really bad now by saying I have an impairment with my other hand, so I really only have the use of my right hand... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Blazer wrote: »

Do people think when you've got iTunes that you're stuck with it for life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm going to make you feel really bad now by saying I have an impairment with my other hand, so I really only have the use of my right hand... :pac:

Awh sorry man take no offence, Just when i was about to say ****.gif

All in good fun ;)

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Awh sorry man take no offence, Just when i was about to say ****.gif

All in good fun ;)

Its alright :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

jimmynokia wrote: »

I can't believe it's gonna cost me my iPhone 4 plus almost 400 euro to buy this direct from apple :(

Advertisement