Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sabahm

While having that lingering feeling of disappointment in the announcement I picked up the s3 in carphine warehouse today for the first time (I'm on the 4s). Holy crap that thing is enormous-I can barely grip it in one hand never mind actually do anything one handed with it! It actually looks like a mini tablet. I am definitely happy that apple didn't go that far. Having said that I'll probably just stick with my 4s for now anyways.

Yes, that's a valid point. S3 is way too big to carry and the feel which you will get while holding a iPhone 4 is much better and elegant than holding an S3. You need a giants palm to make it an appropriate fit:D But again, there was disappointments with the launch of iPhone 5 as people were expecting something that could give a tough shot to S3 smart features!

jenno86 wrote: »
    Could someone please PM me a link to iOS 6 GM? :)

Done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Has ye seen this yet? LOL! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Only about 12 or 38 times....in this thread alone/
    . :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Could someone send a link for the iOS6 GM download?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I hate these kind of voxpops. Anyone can stop a 100 people on the street and ask them questions and maybe get 10 silly answers. Sure what about the other 90 correct answers, sense just doesn't make the cut anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

jenno86 wrote: »
    Could someone send a link for the iOS6 GM download?

iOS6 GM download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I was showing someone iOS 6 today, someone else butted into the conversation and asked to see my phone, asked how I got ios6 and then proceeded to tell me that it was much thinner and looked better than the 4s. I've got a 4. I couldn't help but tell them the truth politely and watch them go bright red.

I watched the Jimmy Kimmel video and didn't think I would ever meet people that gullible/stupid. Today I was wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So what's the deal with the iOS 6 GM. Are people installing it without a developer account and it's activating and working ok? I remember last year the GM seed of iOS 5 worked without a dev account. Same this time around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

DubDJ wrote: »
    So what's the deal with the iOS 6 GM. Are people installing it without a developer account and it's activating and working ok? I remember last year the GM seed of iOS 5 worked without a dev account. Same this time around?

Yes

http://imzdl.tumblr.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

kaizersoze wrote: »
    DubDJ wrote: »

Yes

http://imzdl.tumblr.com

Thanks.

Not gonna install it myself. I can wait till Wednesday for the official version. I was mainly curious about it. Just really excited for Wedneaday. OS X 10.8.2 should be out to coincide with the iOS 6 release. Adding FB integration and iMessage support. iTunes already updated to support the update.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Was on the fence about going from the 4s to the 5, but since they've ticked the main boxes I was looking to be ticked (battery, size) I'm about ready to go for it. Now I'm just wondering if I'll switch to a lengthy contract, or stick with my current rolling contract and buy sim free again.

That sound a good idea. Although, there wasn't such advancement in it but again the brand speaks by own. I have decided to take one, whenever it is available in my country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Have you tried those links?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Squ wrote: »
    I got the files for an iPhone 4, 4S, and the new iPad from that site via BitTorrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Beware though I'm having no service randomly a lot now with the ios6 GM. and it takes forever to find a network when I switch from automatic carrier.

Apart from the iPhone 5 discussion, i just wanted to ask if someone knows that jailbreak or unlock system for i4 on modem firmware 4.11.08 is available or not? I am stuck with my iphone :( no signal at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Dades wrote: »
    I got the files for an iPhone 4, 4S, and the new iPad from that site via BitTorrent.
    Cheers, for some reason I can't seem to get higher than 10kB/s..
    Think I'll go for a walk or something!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sabahm wrote: »
    Apart from the iPhone 5 discussion, i just wanted to ask if someone knows that jailbreak or unlock system for i4 on modem firmware 4.11.08 is available or not? I am stuck with my iphone :( no signal at all..

IClarified.com or look at the unlock/jailbreak thread at the top of the page.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    IClarified.com or look at the unlock/jailbreak thread at the top of the page.

Appreciate it. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Squ wrote: »

Yes. I downloaded and installed iOS6 for iP4 no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

its seeding on piratebay for iPhone 4 GSM models, updated there no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Anybody know will the new update be OTA or through iTunes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Anybody know will the new update be OTA or through iTunes?

Should be OTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

48months told me yesterday that they won't have the new Nano SIMS for another 6 weeks ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Apple are "blown away" by the response to pre orders for the iPhone 5.

http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/09/14/apple-blown-away-by-response-to-the-iphone-5/

This will be another record breaking iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/09/14/apple-blown-away-by-response-to-the-iphone-5/

That's what happens when the best is indeed the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Sheep mentality.

Idiots will say "Obviously its the best so".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Media999 wrote: »
    Sheep mentality.

Idiots will say "Obviously its the best so".

Count me as one of the sheep and happy to be one too.

Advertisement