Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Dades wrote: »
    Ah, it's all a bit of a laugh.

They should release that same Samsung ad and every time they mention a new feature it has ave it dubbed saying "Ahh leave eh out" hahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

petiha wrote: »
    I don't think they should... they should leave Samsung play their immature game, which gives them a repulsive image. (in my opinion) :confused:

Are you serious? What immature game is that now? Advertising.

The ad hits the bloody nail on the head.

Thats someone like you sitting in line there for 5 days to get something just because it has an apple symbol.

enjoy you "awesome adapter" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Karsini wrote: »
    To me it's Apple who have the repulsive image. Throwing their toys out of the pram because they have competition now... oh wait... that's what they did when Windows was released.

Everybody is suing everybody. Android manufacturers pay MS $10 plus. The android hive mind has little to say about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Media999 wrote: »
    Are you serious? What immature game is that now? Advertising.

The ad hits the bloody nail on the head.

Thats someone like you sitting in line there for 5 days to get something just because it has an apple symbol.

enjoy you "awesome adapter" :)

It's always a bad idea to mention the competition.

Also Android thread -->

1ZRed wrote: »
    A lot of reviewers are criticising the small and slightly awkward new screen. It's more a draw back to them, but I think it's a valid one considering there isn't at all much of a major difference in size between some of the biggest phones on the market and the iPhone 5.

archimedes_35438535_51_610x436.jpg

Cant wait to get my hands on that Nokia. Looks sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Isn't touching phones to send playlists, like a bit gay?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Isn't touching phones to send playlists, like a bit gay?

It's like touching willys :P

It's always a bad idea to mention the competition.

Also Android thread -->

When its Samsung people jump on the whole fanboy thing but nothing when theres a Nokia or anything else mentioned.

Whats up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

DubDJ wrote: »
    It's like touching willys :P

And watch closely the way they do it, the expressions on their faces. Haha, priceless. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Enjoy petiha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Media999 wrote: »
    Cant wait to get my hands on that Nokia. Looks sweet.
    I don't get the appeal of windows phone. I think I'd rather go to android instead. App support wouldn't be as good initially no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

its around 1/10 ratio. but every decent app will be on em pretty much, same as how all decent ones are on both android and iphone atm.
    think they have a way to port over play store apps also and make em work on windows phone os.
    i also dont really like windows phone thingy.. though in terms of its similarity to windows 8 its all there.
    and i can see them having a lot of compatibility.. streaming etc... so it will be very useful to have around offices etc... they will aim for the business market, if they can take that, it leads to the domestic market as people need em for work, to possibly get a job etc...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

1ZRed wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal of windows phone. I think I'd rather go to android instead. App support wouldn't be as good initially no?

Surely it depends on your needs? from my research, without any additional apps,the wp8 Nokia lumia 920 would have me almost entirely covered. Your needs may differ to mine so it might not suit you, like the iphone4s/5 don't suit me as much as I think the 920 will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

So this is out tomorrow, yes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

py2006 wrote: »
    So this is out tomorrow, yes?

In the UK yes, IRL is 28th.

kceire wrote: »
    In the UK yes, IRL is 28th.

Oh yea, I knew that! Sorry!

Too early to speculate on prices? I don't want to join a key next week and wait for a couple hours to discover I can't afford it.

Oh yea, I knew that! Sorry!

Too early to speculate on prices? I don't want to join a key next week and wait for a couple hours to discover I can't afford it.

Prices should be announced after the UK release i would imagine.
    The networks will announce at that time too hopefully.

You will know before you start queing in anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll speculate, same price as the 4s was/is :D

kceire wrote: »
    Prices should be announced after the UK release i would imagine.
    The networks will announce at that time too hopefully.

You will know before you start queing in anyway.

Ok, you got that I meant queue not key! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Vodafone just texted me to tell me I was one of their "most valued" (lol) customers and I'm on the list for a priority call for an upgrade... I don't think I'll be signing another contract with them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

is pre-order available from tomorrow morning?

eurofoxy wrote: »

no.

eurofoxy wrote: »

I know O2 are not taking any pre-orders.

There's still a possibility there could be preorders. Nothing's being confirmed yet. But I doubt there will be. Hope they do offer preorders though. Be handy to get a head start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

What about the Apple store online??. Are they taking preorders tomorrow??.

BanjoB wrote: »
    What about the Apple store online??. Are they taking preorders tomorrow??.

At present, No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I was in CPW Balbriggan earlier and was talking to the guy about next week. Obviously they are very thin on information, he says they expect the phone in store available on all networks on launch day, accessories too. He did say one interesting thing though. As far as he knows they will only have the 16 gig for the first while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

O2 Business customers on the other hand....... ;)

Mr Velo wrote: »
    O2 Business customers on the other hand....... ;)

+1

Ive already heard of one guy reserving one with an O2 shop. (His mate is the manager), So i assume its a kind of no official reservation, but when they arrive i'll hold one for you in there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Three in Galway (Shop St) are now taking pre-orders, I was about 8th on the list after the sign going up this morning. They did say to be early in the store (around 8am) and also that they would probably not be stocking accessories).

Carphone Warehouse in Galway will be opening at 9am, and will have a few accessories from what they told me.

Advertisement