Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Media999 wrote: »
    Should you not be using one of those phones with the giant buttons at your age? :D

Headphone socket at the bottom WWWWowww

Headphone socket on the bottom makes more sense than a screen so large you need thumbs of an orang utang to even use it with two hands let alone one handed. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

mad muffin wrote: »
    Headphone socket on the bottom makes more sense than a screen so large you need thumbs of an orang utang to even use it with two hands let alone one handed. ;)

There two completely different things. Your argument makes no sense at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Jofspring wrote: »
    I would be seriously worried if I was on a plane and the pilot was using maps on his iphone to find an airfield for landing. What kind of a clown is Alan Shatter. Is there not bigger things to be worrying about.

What an embarrassment the man is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

500 plus for the phone and greedy Apple pre sell 2 million so they change the free adaptor to a cost of 35 euro.
    I have been with Apple dunce the first IPhone,iPods previously to that and nothing with the 5 makes me want to buy it.
    I have used the SG3 and I really don't care about apps,half are a time waste the other half crap but the SG3 is s cool phone,great screen resolution,speed and I like the size as I have man hands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sappa wrote: »
    500 plus for the phone and greedy Apple pre sell 2 million so they change the free adaptor to a cost of 35 euro.
    I have been with Apple dunce the first IPhone,iPods previously to that and nothing with the 5 makes me want to buy it.
    I have used the SG3 and I really don't care about apps,half are a time waste the other half crap but the SG3 is s cool phone,great screen resolution,speed and I like the size as I have man hands.

you do realise that the SGS3 in your man hands is the same price as the apple phone :confused:

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    you do realise that the SGS3 in your man hands is the same price as the apple phone :confused:

I think the point is its not much of an upgrade for 500 quid. Your basically buying a bigger 4S. OK if you dont have a 4S id say.

I think the point is its not much of an upgrade for 500 quid. Your basically buying a bigger 4S. OK if you dont have a 4S id say.

yeah possibly, if i had a 4S i wouldnt upgrade, but for anybody with a 4 or older, its a very nice upgrade.

In regards to price, sure dont ya sell your old one first?
    My IP5 is costing me €50 :D (Coming from a 4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Your paying for a bigger screen coming from a current iPhone user I expected a lot more in design and features.
    The SG3 can be had on cheaper plans and a subsidised price,20 quid a mth and you will not find the iPhone for cheaper than a 40 euro on any plan.
    They are riding on a past loyalty andcthe sheep will follow.

yeah possibly, if i had a 4S i wouldnt upgrade, but for anybody with a 4 or older, its a very nice upgrade.

In regards to price, sure dont ya sell your old one first?
    My IP5 is costing me €50 :D (Coming from a 4)

Thats a complete contradiction. Your selling your old phone. What are you selling it for? Magic beans?:D Your getting Cash for it no?

Your paying a few hundred like everyone else.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Thats a complete contradiction. Your selling your old phone. What are you selling it for? Magic beans?:D Your getting Cash for it no?

These magic beans... how much do you want for them?

• Advertisement

Sappa wrote: »
    Your paying for a bigger screen coming from a current iPhone user I expected a lot more in design and features.
    The SG3 can be had on cheaper plans and a subsidised price,20 quid a mth and you will not find the iPhone for cheaper than a 40 euro on any plan.
    They are riding on a past loyalty andcthe sheep will follow.

im on a family and freiends offer with meteor, got rwo S3's 2 weeks ago, tried them for a week, and sold them.

whats a contradiction?????
    people moaning about apples pricing and then defending samsungs pricing, which are identical might i add.

I sold my IP4 and my GS3 and that will pay for my IP5.

im on a family and freiends offer with meteor, got rwo S3's 2 weeks ago, tried them for a week, and sold them.

whats a contradiction?????
    people moaning about apples pricing and then defending samsungs pricing, which are identical might i add.

I sold my IP4 and my GS3 and that will pay for my IP5.

Contradiction is your saying your only paying 50 for it but a sentence before that your saying your selling an iPhone 4 to fund it.

Contradiction is your saying your only paying 50 for it but a sentence before that your saying your selling an iPhone 4 to fund it.

yeah, 50 on top of selling my phones, i thought that was a given :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

yeah, 50 on top of selling my phones, i thought that was a given :confused:

Think the point he is making is you are not paying just €50. You are paying €50 + the balance you got from sale of other phones.

But if you got them free on upgrade then you are paying just €50.

BUT not really if you factor in the cost over the life of your contract.

Ah who cares. Just get it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Would I be faster buying it on the UK store and getting it shipped over?

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Would I be faster buying it on the UK store and getting it shipped over?

Will they ship to Ireland? Suppose you could use Parcel Motel. Would you trust it for such an expensive item though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

I could ship it to family near London and UPS over? Good Plan?

KingJamsie wrote: »
    I could ship it to family near London and UPS over? Good Plan?

Apple UK will not ship to Ireland.
    You could order it to the London address then UPS it here, when would you have it realistically.....3-4 weeks according to apple uk site.

Better off buying on th Apple IRL site at 8am next Friday.

Apple UK will not ship to Ireland.
    You could order it to the London address then UPS it here, when would you have it realistically.....3-4 weeks according to apple uk site.

Better off buying on th Apple IRL site at 8am next Friday.

Or get it in a shop somewhere, somehow next Friday.

Going to bed now. If I wake up and everyone else has pre-order the sh*t out of all the Three stock before me I wont be happy :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This thread is so annoying yet I can't stop opening it every day.

Fml.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

5 up on three website..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

he obviously has no understanding of how aviation works...you dont just fly to a country, contact no one...no control tower...stick on your iphone and land at the nearest airport...
    Yes, everyone follows the rules...

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Stab*City wrote: »
    5 up on three website..

but no prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

leemaree wrote: »
    but no prices

Ya there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

leemaree wrote: »
    but no prices

Conor Pope of the Irish Times has just tweeted "@conor_pope: 3 Mobile to start selling iPhone on Sept 28. Prices start at €149."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ya there is.
    Ignore the banner ad on the website, go into Shop > Billpay and you can see the various prices of the phones and plans there.

32GB is €240 on the €40.66 plan for 24 months. Which isn't too bad considering it's a brand new release.

If you hold off till the new year, you'll probably get it for €150 on an 18 month contract.

I cant see any prices.

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    I cant see any prices.

Click on shop, go to bill pay, apple and the scroll to bottom. u'll see iphone 5

Ya there is.

now i see them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

€759 for the 32 gb on prepay.

Bah i want it but i really cant justify paying that, Its a rip off :mad:

Advertisement