Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

No upgrade option it seems ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That's seriously expensive! You'd be just better off buying it SIM free from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Once again Three are all over the place when it comes to upgrading.

Me: Hi I am phoning to pre-order the iPhone 5

Three Rep: The phone is not available for pre-order, but we can add you to a list for a call back at the end of the month.

Me: But its on the website for pre-order. It told me to call this number.

Three Rep: Ohhhhhhhhhh riiiiiiiiiiight, can you hold the line.

Me: Yeah no problem.

Three Rep: Sorry to keep you. Yes, its on the website but we got an email saying we dont have pricing yet.

Me: Im looking at the pricing here.

Three Rep: Ohhhhhhh riiiiiiiiiiigh, can you hold the line.

Me: Yeah, no problem.

Three Rep: Sorry about that, yeah its still just for registering your interest, you cant actually go ahead with ordering online.

Me: Well if i was a new customer I could. It is letting me proceed here as a new customer and telling me I would have to pay €89 NOW for a 32GB iPhone 5 in Black on the Ultimate Flex Max plan for 24mths. That looks like a solid enough transaction to me. I doubt your taking €89 off people to 'register their interest'.

Three Rep: Hmmmmmm, Im not really sure whats going on there. Id hold off if i were you. Id be afraid they would set you up with a second account if you proceeded with that transaction.

Me: So new customers are able to snap up the low levels of stock while us folk due upgrades are missing out?

Three Rep: All I can do now is take your details and call you back when i know more.

**Not the exact wording of the conversation, but the general jist.

What a joke. Absolute joke.
    I was telling him more than he was telling me.
    Not Impressed.

I'd say Apple like that policy.
    Get the new customers on board first, so at the next Keynote they can say "SupercalifragilisticexpialAMAZING sales"
    wooohoooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Once again Three are all over the place when it comes to upgrading.

Me: Hi I am phoning to pre-order the iPhone 5

Three Rep: The phone is not available for pre-order, but we can add you to a list for a call back at the end of the month.

Me: But its on the website for pre-order. It told me to call this number.

Three Rep: Ohhhhhhhhhh riiiiiiiiiiight, can you hold the line.

Me: Yeah no problem.

Three Rep: Sorry to keep you. Yes, its on the website but we got an email saying we dont have pricing yet.

Me: Im looking at the pricing here.

Three Rep: Ohhhhhhh riiiiiiiiiiigh, can you hold the line.

Me: Yeah, no problem.

Three Rep: Sorry about that, yeah its still just for registering your interest, you cant actually go ahead with ordering online.

Me: Well if i was a new customer I could. It is letting me proceed here as a new customer and telling me I would have to pay €89 NOW for a 32GB iPhone 5 in Black on the Ultimate Flex Max plan for 24mths. That looks like a solid enough transaction to me. I doubt your taking €89 off people to 'register their interest'.

Three Rep: Hmmmmmm, Im not really sure whats going on there. Id hold off if i were you. Id be afraid they would set you up with a second account if you proceeded with that transaction.

Me: So new customers are able to snap up the low levels of stock while us folk due upgrades are missing out?

Three Rep: All I can do now is take your details and call you back when i know more.

**Not the exact wording of the conversation, but the general jist.

What a joke. Absolute joke.
    I was telling him more than he was telling me.
    Not Impressed.

Why don't u post this in the three section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

I'd say Apple like that policy.
    Get the new customers on boards first, so at the next Keynote they can say "SupercalifragilisticexpialAMAZING sales"
    wooohoooooooo

I've decided to move on from iOS...6 just didn't do it for me and nothing about the new iPhone interests me.

I use Google music on the PC so makes more sense as I tend to listen to music a lot.

Ordered this this morning.

I prefer the UI to that of the S3. Nicer build and just feels better for me personally. :)

Though the iPhone 5 does look very aesthetically pleasing...

leemaree wrote: »
    Why don't u post this in the three section?

Just pasted it over there. I'm on my 3rd phonecall now. Wonder how long until i find someone telling the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

So it seems I will be buying a pre-pay iPhone with Three, €679 for the phone. Not bad at all, lower than I was expecting.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    So it seems I will be buying a pre-pay iPhone with Three, €679 for the phone. Not bad at all, lower than I was expecting.

Not bad? 679.00 is an absolute rip off...for any phone...

...but then again, so is what I paid for my Macbook air! But I couldn't live without OS X :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

dmcg90 wrote: »

Why not just buy it unlocked off Apple for the same price ?!!

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Not bad? 679.00 is an absolute rip off...for any phone...

...but then again, so is what I paid for my Macbook air! But I couldn't live without OS X :D

679, 779, 879.
    Crazy prices is back.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    €759 for the 32 gb on prepay.

Bah i want it but i really cant justify paying that, Its a rip off :mad:

I went for this, iPhone 32GB White Prepay (going to put my bill sim in there if I can get a Nano sim from the three store). :o

Sooo expensive. Hurts my wallet. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

funkyflea wrote: »
    I went for this, iPhone 32GB White Prepay (going to put my bill sim in there if I can get a Nano sim from the three store). :o

Sooo expensive. Hurts my wallet. :mad:

The phone will come with a pre-pay nano sim, just transfer the number over in
    -store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I don't understand the logic of lashing out the full price for a pre-pay phone, locked to a single network, when it's available from Apple SIM free for the same price (give or take a tenner)... or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm not like the reports coming in that the black one is scuffed right out of the box :(

mad muffin wrote: »
    I'm not like the reports coming in that the black one is scuffed right out of the box :(

Talk about bad PR.

Might have to go with White so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I don't understand the logic of lashing out the full price for a pre-pay phone, locked to a single network, when it's available from Apple SIM free for the same price (give or take a tenner)... or am I missing something?

Where is it available to preorder sim free from Apple in Ireland now? It's looking like orders for the device won't be taken from Apple.ie until 28th, and who knows when you'll receive the phone.

I'm staying with three anyway, I like their offers, their 3G coverage suits me better than the other networks and I'm selling my 4S to pay some of the cost of the prepay handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Very nearly went for it on 3! But I rekon meteor will probably be alocated the same no. of phones and I prefer there plans

Talk about bad PR.

Just read this:

"They’re finished with a beautiful chamfered edge, which Apple says is diamond-cut; it’s unfortunately reasonably prone to scrapes, however, and after just a few days of relatively kid-glove treatment, this black review model bore at least one small scar. It would likely be less obvious with a white version."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

iFixit tear down the iPhone 5 and confirm the edges will be prone to scuffing.

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Talk about bad PR.

Just read this:

"They’re finished with a beautiful chamfered edge, which Apple says is diamond-cut; it’s unfortunately reasonably prone to scrapes, however, and after just a few days of relatively kid-glove treatment, this black review model bore at least one small scar. It would likely be less obvious with a white version."

That is shocking.

iFixit tear down the iPhone 5 and confirm the edges will be prone to scuffing.

I think I'm in love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Was hoping for pre-orders from the Apple Store today myself but I didn't expect to see any to be honest. I like the iFixit repairability scores. But I don't like the look of the white model. Think the black is a lot more sleek. This whole scuff thing kinda puts you off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

scuffing I think is the final nail in the coffin for me, my 4s is immaculate after nearly a year of use...I quite like it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Am I blind or is Three the only one currently with price plans for 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Good to see the screen is much more easily replaceable on the 5. Not that I have broken one yet... touch wood....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Soby wrote: »
    Thought they might of kept the same price structure as the iPhone 4S, doesn't seem to be the case with their €25 tariff anyway where it's €529. May aswell pay the bit extra and buy it unlocked, and get a 30 Day plan then pay that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Soby wrote: »
    Looks like it. I'm on vodafone bill pay, would love to pre-order, upgrade, see prices, anything... the fact we don't get any info is maddening. Signed up for email updates, not even a confirmation email let alone a note on when they might have info available :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Think ill go with them , as the all out can eat data is a huge plus . Has anyone ever regretted going for a 24 month contract. Just the fact its for 2 years im a bit afraid of committing , you just don't know what's gonna happen and don't want to be paying off your contract in a years time

Advertisement