Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Rioting in the iphone5 factory, no doubt the ringleaders will be dispatched to the gulag and production will resume:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/24/foxconn-closes-china-factory-brawl

You seem to be on a campaign.

You do realise that this has nothing to do with Apple and that Foxxconn assemble products for other companies like Sony & Nokia?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Rioting in the iphone5 factory, no doubt the ringleaders will be dispatched to the gulag and production will resume:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/24/foxconn-closes-china-factory-brawl

God, your getting boring now :rolleyes:
    Global activist funds have taken issue with the employment of child labor by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.,the Hankyoreh, South Korea’s independent daily, reported Sept. 18.

http://stopsamsung.wordpress.com/
    New York-based China Labour Watch (CLW) says it has evidence of long working hours, under-age workers and poor conditions in eight Samsung factories.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19504381

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Fair points made.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

murpho999 wrote: »
    You seem to be on a campaign.

You do realise that this has nothing to do with Apple and that Foxxconn assemble products for other companies like Sony & Nokia?

You must be kidding right?

Slave contract labor is an essential part of the Apple profit machine. As is the case for Samsung.

However Apple are the acknowledged masters of bully and intimidation of all suppliers and this filters down to the worker conditions. Plus the popularity of their products means that are the biggest culprit in tech manufacturing right now.

Slave contract labor is an essential part of the Apple profit machine. As is the case for Samsung.

However Apple are the acknowledged masters of bully and intimidation of all suppliers and this filters down to the worker conditions. Plus the popularity of their products means that are the biggest culprit in tech manufacturing right now.

Slave contract labor is an essential part of the Samsungs profit machine. As is the case for Apple.

However Samsung are the acknowledged masters of bully and intimidation of all suppliers and this filters down to the worker conditions. Plus the popularity of their products means that are the biggest culprit in tech manufacturing right now.

You do realise, that both are as bad as each other, and thus so are any company that uses the same kind of factory including SONY etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

They couldn't wait till I had my iPhone 5 in my sweaty little mitts? :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

o2 pre order on 24mth contract on diamond upgrade gets me the 16gb model for free !

however not showing the 32gb model online - i'm gonna wait and see what price that would be (i presume €100)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Go back to your drum circle and keep up your anti-fat cat notions there.

That has nothing to do with Apple on it's own, and more importantly, it's not even about the iPhone 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

1ZRed wrote: »
    Go back to your drum circle and keep up your anti-fat cat notions there.

That has nothing to do with Apple on it's own, and more importantly, it's not even about the iPhone 5.

Bloody hell! I thought I'd seen it all on this thread (others too)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Lets hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

2 Million iPhone 5 pre-orders, over 5 Million iPhone 5's sold over first weekend. They were supposed to sell a lot more according to analysts but they're putting it down to supply constraints. Makes sense to me, also I've never seen the online store delivery estimates slip to 4 weeks before.

Could be waiting a while for our new iPhone deliveries. :(

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/9/24/3381840/iphone-5-sales-five-million

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

Same phone, different year. I really don't understand people who "need" to have the latest Iphone.

VINCWM wrote: »
    Same phone, different year. I really don't understand people who "need" to have the latest Iphone.

Then your in the wrong thread. This is for people who want and/or are interested in the new iPhone 5. Nobody 'needs' it either. But there are a few hundered million people around the globe who have a luxury smartphone. And update that phone every 1-2 years.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i prefer the black but i think im going to go with the white,it seems its very unlikely someone with a black iphone wont have scratches all over it especially on the sides in a few months.

Allthingsd and bgr.com both reporting that 3 and 1 of their IPhone 5s respectivley came out of the box with issues. Looks like its a more of a 'feature' as opposed to a random issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

i prefer the black but i think im going to go with the white,it seems its very unlikely someone with a black iphone wont have scratches all over it especially on the sides in a few months.

If I start seen any marks like that on my 5 I will be driving straight back to Belfast and demanding a new one!!
    Mine got a heavy work out today no case no screen proctor still brand new and battery is 60% normally have charged it in the car twice by now but since I have no adopter I cannot do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

VINCWM wrote: »

Its a gap in their personality that needs to be filled with consumerism. The need to feel part of a group. Makes them feel better about themselves.

But hey! Have you never looked forward to something just because an ad told you to. Even if the product wasnt very good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

DubDJ wrote: »
    2 Million iPhone 5 pre-orders, over 5 Million iPhone 5's sold over first weekend. They were supposed to sell a lot more according to analysts but they're putting it down to supply constraints. Makes sense to me, also I've never seen the online store delivery estimates slip to 4 weeks before.

Could be waiting a while for our new iPhone deliveries. :(

I understand they also don't count an online order as a sale until the customer has actually signed for the product. Must be several hundred thousand in shipping at any given time since launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

if anyone hasnt seen this thread its worth reading, usually wed be laughing at americans for being OTT: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80917517#post80917517

this is what is giving apple people a bad name, im not against apple products myself btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Media999 wrote: »
    Its a gap in their personality that needs to be filled with consumerism. The need to feel part of a group. Makes them feel better about themselves.

But hey! Have you never looked forward to something just because an ad told you to. Even if the product wasnt very good.

For someone who dislikes apple and the people that use their products sure spends a lot of time here ;)

What phone are you currently using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

OK, back off, right now. First and only warning.

culabula wrote: »
    OK, back off, right now. First and only warning.

|Jesus. Cant take a joke much?

Why so touchy?

Ive a 4S and an S3. Got both the day they where released.

It's like men who hang around women's toilets. They don't like women's toilets but they still hang around them and feel like they can try push their opinions into others. Never understood it myself. If you don't like women's toilets, then don't hang around them. If you do like women's toilets, then great, that's your business.

*replace women's toilets with iPhone and that paragraph still works ;)

kceire wrote: »
    It's like men who hang around women's toilets. They don't like women's toilets but they still hang around them and feel like they can try push their opinions into others. Never understood it myself. If you don't like women's toilets, then don't hang around them. If you do like women's toilets, then great, that's your business.

*replace women's toilets with iPhone and that paragraph still works ;)

Are you drunk? Womens toilets?

Are you drunk? Womens toilets?

Nope, but I certainly don't feel the need to hang around the android forum and tell them constantly they bought sh1t phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

|Jesus. Cant take a joke much?

Why so touchy?

Ive a 4S and an S3. Got both the day they where released.

These things have a habit of denigrating very quickly and is something I am not going to allow. There has been far too much of this sort of nonsense, lately, with attendant vitriol.

I am not therefore of a mind to entertain accusations of being touchy; I am have asked you to desist, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I can't understand Android fanbois for the life of me...they just seem to be complete dícks and feel the need to belittle apple at every turn to try and make themselves feel better for using android.
    Probably while waiting to download the latest leaked jelly bean image since samsung have still to roll it out in Ireland and the US. Way to go for the flagship android device.
    At least Apple roll out the update simultaneously for all their devices...worldwide.

And before someone criticises my post..I jumped ship to the S3 only last week but still own an ipad. Yet I don't feel the need to go into the iphone/android thread and try and force my opinion down people's throats just to boot my low self-esteem issues :rolleyes:
    Not that I have any ;)

kceire wrote: »
    Nope, but I certainly don't feel the need to hang around the android forum and tell them constantly they bought sh1t phones.

Im sorry that i didnt bow down to the might iPhone. Please accept my iAplology.

Why does everyone take it so personal? Its just a phone.

Straight in with people asking me what phone do i have as soon as i criticize the iPhone in any way. Obviously im a fandroid because i think iPhone 5 is a step backwards, unless your a magpie who judges something by how shiny it is. Couldnt possibly be anything else. Couldnt just appreciate all Tech. No way. Not possible.

Or is it?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Got my iPhone 5 in Belfast on Saturday.

Got home and noticed slight damage to metal surround. Tiny chip taken out of it.

Now I have the attached issue with the screen going fuzzy and pixilated at times.

Just above space bar....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/freefood/2E64D922-F843-4018-A9FE-4F2063CBA984-1658-0000009F4C1C7C92.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Im sorry that i didnt bow down to the might iPhone. Please accept my iAplology.

Why does everyone take it so personal? Its just a phone.

Straight in with people asking me what phone do i have as soon as i criticize the iPhone in any way. Obviously im a fandroid because i think iPhone 5 is a step backwards, unless your a magpie who judges something by how shiny it is. Couldnt possibly be anything else. Couldnt just appreciate all Tech. No way. Not possible.

Or is it?...

Have you ever used an iphone? As in over a year or so..most android guys haven't and regurgitate the latest shíte they hear their mates saying etc or some android website.
    I've come from Android 1.0 on a google G1 -> Iphone 4 - >Motorola Xoom on Honeycomb > Ipad ->Samsung S3 on JB and yet I don't feel the need to the need to go into the Apple/Android forum and slag off people's phones.

Why ? Because I've experienced both Mobile sytems and can appreciate the advantages of both.
    Both of them have great selling points and while Android definitely has the better tech , Apple has by far the better ecosystem and integration.
    Most people that switch to/from Android/IOS appreciate both and understand the differences etc and what they lose when they switch. You don't see them talking shíte though.

Advertisement