Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not permited!? Does this mean that it is not physically possible on the iphones they sell or just frowned upon?

It's possible on phones with three, it's just against the rules. Well not for me as I signed up before 2012. I'm sure you can still do it anyway without much happening to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Not permited!? Does this mean that it is not physically possible on the iphones they sell or just frowned upon?

On an existing phone im sure there is nout they can do. I will be interested to see tomorrow if the new iPhones have something in the carrier file to disable personal hotspot function though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just got the email too. Seems all they have are 16GB.

Same as eMobile. 16GB in Black & White.

• Advertisement

It also lets you actually order the phone now. Assuming you want a 16GB that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

It also lets you actually order the phone now. Assuming you want a 16GB that is.

Only for new customers though. Current customers have to go to a Meteor store. :rolleyes:

Just rang up Meteor there and cancelled my current contract plan. Downgraded to the sim-lite plan. After doing the maths the phone is actually cheaper bought directly from Apple. If your not bothered about the 5GB internet being downgraded to 1GB. I use less than 500MB so it doesn't benefit me having the extra data. I'll get the iPhone sim free from Apple. Expecting the 64GB model to be around €899 so any lower than that is even more of a saving for me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Just rang up Meteor there and cancelled my current contract plan. Downgraded to the sim-lite plan. After doing the maths the phone is actually cheaper bought directly from Apple. If your not bothered about the 5GB internet being downgraded to 1GB. I use less than 500MB so it doesn't benefit me having the extra data. I'll get the iPhone sim free from Apple. Expecting the 64GB model to be around €899 so any lower than that is even more of a saving for me. :D

+1. I am getting mine direct and using it on 48.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Meteor SIM only does seem good value. 20 quid a month, 200 texts, 200 mins, 1gb data. €25 a month if ya want unlimited texts.
    Much better than similar offerings from Vodafone and 02.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Thinking of buying from apple then maybe switching to tesco. 35 per month for unlimited everything. What do others think? Any experience of tesco?

Piliger wrote: »
    +1. I am getting mine direct and using it on 48.

99% of my contacts are actually Meteor so i'm cornered into using them really. Good coverage and never had a problem with them either. But the billpay plans they have are very bad imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Thinking of buying from apple then maybe switching to tesco. 35 per month for unlimited everything. What do others think? Any experience of tesco?

No direct experience, but they use the 02 network as far as I know. I was on 02 for a couple of years and I found their network coverage brutal, much worse than Vodafone (in Galway at least). Maybe they've gotten better though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

99% of my contacts are actually Meteor so i'm cornered into using them really. Good coverage and never had a problem with them either. But the billpay plans they have are very bad imo.

Gotta love family and friends offers :D
    I get the €61 p/m plan for €25 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/apple-iphone-5

Free C&T has msteriously dissapeared from the €45 offer on the page. I checked they email sent out and it says all plans include free calls and text. I'm gonna print it off and kick up a fuss in the meteor shop tomorrow!

kceire wrote: »
    Gotta love family and friends offers :D
    I get the €61 p/m plan for €25 :D

Wanna adopt me? :D
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/apple-iphone-5

Free C&T has msteriously dissapeared from the €45 offer on the page. I checked they email sent out and it says all plans include free calls and text. I'm gonna print it off and kick up a fuss in the meteor shop tomorrow!

It's an even worse deal now. I'll say you'll talk them into the Free C&T. But they seem very strict on the iPhone plans. Others they sometimes offer €5/€10 discounts. Never the iPhone one's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's dearer with Meteor than the 4s last year.

Then I got the 64gb for €50 a month and €99 upfront. Over 24 months= €1299

The 5 64gb is €45.74 plus €299=€1396.76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

People in the USA getting a bit cranky about the iPhone going on sale in 22 more countries tomorrow.

Idiots.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/27/iphone-5-launches-in-22-countries-and-six-rural-carriers-friday/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

iPhone 4S was free on launch wasnt it? I know I didnt pay anything.

(well apart from signing my life away for 24 months.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    iPhone 4S was free on launch wasnt it? I know I didnt pay anything.

(well apart from signing my life away for 24 months.)

50 deposit is all i paid on Three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Why does it matter that they are with meteor ? 48 gives you unlimited calls and texts to ALL networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

people are incredibly scabby and won't contact you unless you're on their network as they won't be using their free texts/calls.

rediculous i know but it's true.

people are incredibly scabby and won't contact you unless you're on their network as they won't be using their free texts/calls.

rediculous i know but it's true.

Exactly haha. I'll be able to call people but nobody will be able to call me. Or text for that matter. Not many of them have iMessage either. I don't mind, Meteor have pretty competitive prices anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

So is it confirmed the free meteor calls and texts ARE included with the smart plus 45 plan? if not then i wont be using meteor thats for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What are the odds of it being on sale in the next 12 minutes? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

What are the odds of it being on sale in the next 12 minutes? :P

Might actually be 01:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

i'll set the alarm for 1 so haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

Is it going to be more expensive per month if bought in store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Might actually be 01:00

Nooooo I can barely keep my eyes open as it is.

The sprog has me up since 6am.

No doubt will have me up at 6am tomorrow too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

00:01

Not on sale yet...

Terminator on SyFyhd note keeping me awake lol

Advertisement