Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Probably wont go on sale till 8. Have to set the alarm :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

why would it go on sale at 1am of all times?

midnight or 8am is more likely judging by previous launches and first tier country launches last friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

I see Vodafone have eventually put up some iPhone 5 offers in their Bill Pay Section,the only model not in stock yet is the Black 32GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

why would it go on sale at 1am of all times?

midnight or 8am is more likely judging by previous launches and first tier country launches last friday.

It went on sale at around 2:30am in New Zealand today apparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

L5 wrote: »
    It went on sale at around 2:30am in New Zealand today apparantly
    I hope it doesn't take that long. I have to be up at 6 for work. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

Do you think the 32GB iPhone 5 will be available on Apples website as there is only an option for a 16GB iPhone 4s?

Jhaj wrote: »
    Do you think the 32GB iPhone 5 will be available on Apples website as there is only an option for a 16GB iPhone 4s?
    If you click "Compare iPhone models" it shows 16, 32 and 64GB at the bottom of the page for the iPhone 5 so I guess so.

skyflyer wrote: »
    I hope it doesn't take that long. I have to be up at 6 for work. :(

I'm going to sleep now and set the alarm for 6. Won't make any difference to when I get the phone I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Ahhh Cum On APPLE!! #GETTINGVERYIMPATIENT...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Apple store is updated iPhone 5 is now on sale,there is a but though....The estimated delivery time is 3-4 weeks straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Just ordered mine. I figure there's a possibility I may not even get a nano sim if they're all gone tomorrow so it'll be unusable til then anyway. Ah well.

just ordered too 3-4 weeks sucks!!

Just ordered the 64GB Black/Slate model. I was close to crying seeing that €899 price tag. This phone will be wrapped in cotton wool for the next 2-3 years :D

Just ordered 16gb Black/slate with 2 extra lightning cables :)
    3-4 weeks delivery :(

I chose the happy medium of 32 gb. Cannot effing believe the price of it. I thought 750, but close to 800 is...MADness. I've been saving for a phone for about 6 months so I was anticipating shelling out for one but Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Just ordered.

I remember the same waiting time being given when i got my Ipad 1 back in the day and it was dispatched far earlier ... hopefully the same this time

Ordered black 64GB.

"Ships — 3 - 4 Weeks

Delivers — 24 Oct, 2012 - 31 Oct, 2012 by Express Shipping" :( Guess we've got to wait.

i thought it was going to be same price as 4s because it was said at launch?? was it not?

Time to review my order and make sure I actually ordered the right one. I was rushing through it so quick !

Footoo wrote: »
    Just ordered.

I remember the same waiting time being given when i got my Ipad 1 back in the day and it was dispatched far earlier ... hopefully the same this time

yea im hoping it will be dispatched earlier :(

• Advertisement

I have seen orders being shipped earlier in the states, Apple seem to have mailed people saying shipping time will be sooner than expected but maybe that was in the first few post launch days? I live in hope. Or delusion. Either!

L5 wrote: »
    Time to review my order and make sure I actually ordered the right one. I was rushing through it so quick !

Same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

16gb White & Silver. Looking forward to it quite a bit now, haters gonna hate :cool:

3-4 weeks has to be conservative though right?

boblong wrote: »
    16gb White & Silver. Looking forward to it quite a bit now, haters gonna hate :cool:

3-4 weeks has to be conservative though right?

Meh, I dunno really. I have this image of a pallet with 16 iphones for the entirety of Ireland sitting at Dublin port for the preorders. We never have nice things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If the delivery time is 3-4 weeks then why the f**k didn't the just release it here a week ago the same time as the other?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Just ordered a black 16gb, hopefully ill receive by the end of October.

There's even a 1-2 week wait on lightning cables ffs!
    Not too disappointed with the wait. It'll give me the few weeks I need to let the case manufactures release their stuff and I can have the case and car chargers etc ready when the phone arrives :)

With the huge demand on this phone and the reported supply constraints I can't see these phones being shipped any earlier than 3 weeks time. Don't get your hopes up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ordered black 64GB.

"Ships — 3 - 4 Weeks

Delivers — 24 Oct, 2012 - 31 Oct, 2012 by Express Shipping" :( Guess we've got to wait.

Mine only gives 3-4 weeks standard shipping. 3-7 days after it ships?

• Advertisement

Ordered black 64GB.

"Ships — 3 - 4 Weeks

Mine says 23 Oct-30 Oct. Hrmmmm.

Advertisement