Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

mad muffin wrote: »
    Mine only gives 3-4 weeks standard shipping. 3-7 days after it ships?

Dats wat mine says too, doesn give dates or anything ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Tell ya one thing October is gonna be a loonnnggg month. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Mines 24-31st October by express shipping

L5 wrote: »

Where do u see these dates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Has your order been processed already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Vodafone also have finally put up prices if anyone is interested, last to the party as usual.

It says it in the email I got after ordering.

It says it in the email I got after ordering.

I didnt get an email yet :(
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    I didnt get an email yet :(
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Did you fill in your email address and phone number for "order updates(optional)"
    I think it just gives updates of the process. My email gives an order number and says "once your order has been processed and it has shipped, you will receive an email with an updated delivery estimate"

Received by the 31st of October for me too. Maybe it differs in relation to what model you get. Or where it's shipping to in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Did you fill in your email address and phone number for "order updates(optional)"
    I think it just gives updates of the process. My email gives an order number and says "once your order has been processed and it has shipped, you will receive an email with an updated delivery estimate"

found it :D:D sent it to my registered email on apple. not the optional one :/ lol tanx :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Just ordered mine .... couldn't give a sh1t when it arrives as long as it arrives :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Ordered mine ships 31st Oct to Nov 1st hope it's sooner 16Gb Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Just ordered also......same Thing 3 to 4 weeks!!!!!!
    Emobile site says "in stock"...

Strange how us guys paying directly and full price to apple have to wait 3 to 4 weeks.....while "network bill pay" can have them straight away!!
    Interestingly the 4S didn't drop in price either..... so i suppose my 6 month old 4s hasn't devalued too much

cramp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It'll give me the few weeks I need to let the case manufactures release their stuff and I can have the case and car chargers etc ready when the phone arrives :)

Same thinking here. Just gonna forget about it now and wait! Also gives me time to sell my GS2! :D:D:D

I'm with 48 network and they said it could be a few weeks till they have nano sims, so might have to buy one of those SIM cutters as well. ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

just ordered 32gb white, very disappointed that its a 3-4week wait thought they would of held a certain amount of stock for immediate delivery ah well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

I've a workphone so don't mind a network locked phone, anyone know if O2 will have sim free 32 or 64gb units today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

the only thing stopping me using mine is the ineptness of VF not to have nano sims available..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

WillyWonka wrote: »
    I've a workphone so don't mind a network locked phone, anyone know if O2 will have sim free 32 or 64gb units today?

No network sells sim free iPhones, only Apple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I received my iphone 5 this morning by delivery from my mobile operator but they sent it with the wrong sim card type!! :mad:

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    I received my iphone 5 this morning by delivery from my mobile operator but they sent it with the wrong sim card type!! :mad:

they all have them instore, just go in and get a blank one or cut your existing sim down ;)

Got a text from Meteor at 11.40 saying that all upgrade stock for the iPhone 5 is now sold out. I ordered direct from Apple anyway. Those Meteor plans were a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Inscrutable

€680 is some joke. GS III €550. The usurious margin on lightning adaptors is also insulting.

€680 is some joke. GS III €550. The usurious margin on lightning adaptors is also insulting.

Does the S3 price include Customs charges an delivery?
    its a bit like comparing the price of a BMW 320d in Dublin against in Manchester imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Inscrutable

kceire wrote: »
    Does the S3 price include Customs charges an delivery?

Yea. It's €570 in Dublin shops but this estore has reduced its price. I got a month old barely used GS III for €440 off adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

have a iphone 4 at the min , looking at all the tarrifs , they don't make me wanna buy a phone , partly because i don't wanna be tied into a contract , but even if i sold my iphone 4 at a max of 300 i still couldnt justify the extra 379 to get a simfree one

i was gonna get a company upgrade but vodafone quoted me 395 plus vat , which means our tarriff is **** to say the least , plus the company is changing mobile providers.

guess i'll just wait till it comes down in price in 2020 :)

Yea. It's €570 in Dublin shops but this estore has reduced its price. I got a month old barely used GS III for €440 off adverts.ie

Yeah S3 has reduced recently, but then again its out since March. I just sold two S3's on Adverts too, one for e450 and one for 430 so prices are still strong for them too.

Either way, both good phones, whichever way you choose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

since we're not talking about the ip5 :pac: the 32gb lumia 920 will be €649 sim free :D....now, back to the ip5 yeah :)

I love the new iPhone but you do have to admit those prices are hard to take. I ordered the 64GB too. I'm still second guessing myself. I want a new phone and my iPhone 4 has been out of memory for some time now. But I don't see why Apple had to add €100 onto the price of the previous model. They could of easily kept them at the same prices. I won't be upgrading for atleast 2 years no matter what they bring out. Not at those prices. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I cant believe there are people out there willing to spend €900 on a mobile phone.

I have been between android and iPhone for the passed 3 years. Iv been using a 4s for the passed year and its been a great phone. I really like it but if i were to loose it (touch wood) there is no way in hell i would buy an iPhone again. They are just not worth the HUGE price tag.

Amazon sell 64gb Micro SD cards for €50, And Adverts have top of the range Android phones for circa €400 which are on par specs wise with the iPhone 5.

IMO iPhones are a great phone. But I just cant justify the price tag.

To those who have bought the iPhone 5 sim free... Deep down do ye really think its worth it?

Advertisement