Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Media999 wrote: »
    How am i unreal for telling someone to stop quoting me with iPhone 5 benchmarks when im talking about something different?

Tbh, unreal was just a word I chose so I wouldn't get banned :)

Duggys said it better.

You're like an annoying younger sibling that won't back down, you virtually ruined the thread already, why try again? Do you enjoy disagreeing with people just for the sake of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Exactly. So why keep mentioning Samsung?

We where talking about maps and you quoted me with a Speed benchmark?

Threads can go back on a topic. I was reading forward as I haven't been online for while and quoted you from your post, which then skips the rest of the thread, thats totally legit.

As for Maps, maps was a disaster for iOS 6. But iOS 6 is not really the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Why not try something new. Could never understand why people constantly buy the same brand.

Lumia 920 would be a good buy id say. Its definitely different anyway. Definitely my next phone.

Have a Lumia 800 as well. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Media999 and Graham_B18C banned from forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

iPhone 5 FTMFW
    Better os
    Better everything

Now there's my line drawn too.

God to actually feel welcome I this thread you have to pretend your 10 years of age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Maybe this will lighten the mood.

384393_438738606192217_1361979218_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Media999 and Graham_B18C banned from forum.

Haha a Mod banning a Mod. Brilliant, he'll probably ban you from his forum now just for payback :D

Went into Meteor today and got my number ported over to a Nano sim. Took 5 minutes and the switch was almost instant. Better to be prepared for when my new iPhone 5 arrives. :D The nano sim - micro sim adapter I have was actually too big and wouldn't fit the sim tray but a tiny piece off each corner sorted it. Have all iPhone accessories now just need the actual phone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Why not try something new. Could never understand why people constantly buy the same brand.

Because they all work seamlessly together without any set up hassles.

Really disappointed with the iPhone plans. 399 for a 64gb on a 40euro contract over 2 years and then you have to get the phone unlocked to move network. Definitely not worth it. Why is there so much subsidy with the iPhone and new phones in general. I remember getting a Nokia which was valued just over 500euro at the time for only 79euro on a 20 euro 12 month contract.

Think I'll wait for the iPhone 5s............that is of course until I physically hold the iPhone 5 and will probably want one ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jofspring wrote: »
    Because they all work seamlessly together without any set up hassles.

Really disappointed with the iPhone plans. 399 for a 64gb on a 40euro contract over 2 years and then you have to get the phone unlocked to move network. Definitely not worth it. Why is there so much subsidy with the iPhone and new phones in general. I remember getting a Nokia which was valued just over 500euro at the time for only 79euro on a 20 euro 12 month contract.

Think I'll wait for the iPhone 5s............that is of course until I physically hold the iPhone 5 and will probably want one ha.

I got a HTC Desire from meteor for 179 on a €25pm plan with a 12 month contract. That phone was 400-500 new. Its ridiculous what companys are charging nowadays.

At the mo im paying €15pm with meteor, rolling contract, 200 mins, 200 texts, free meteor calls and texts and 1gb of data. Rolling contracts are definetly the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You sure it was Jellybean? It hasnt actaully been released for the S3. Only way is getting it from a developers forum and flashing it yourself.

Id believe it wasnt especially if youre complaining of battery. Jellybean nearly doubles battery life for me.

Get up at 730 and take off charge. In college i look at notes for probably 3 hours. Listen to music in college / gym for maybe 1-2 hours. browse internet maybe 1-1.5 hours.

Before jellybean at 11pm id have about 15% battery. After Jellybean i have about 50.

If you think the pictures are good on S3 you should check out the new Lumia. Thats actually incredible for camera.

edit

look for yourself

lead-comp.jpg

of course..I flashed it myself.. been using android since g1 and v1.0.
    It's definitely the display that's hogging it..using auto brightness and juiice defender ultimate and it still runs down the battery.
    of course I have sync running, email push every 30 mins etc but I had the same on my ip4 and I'd say twice in the 2 years I had it, it only dropped below 25-40% twice.
    S3 on the other hand..about every second day at least.

• Advertisement

For anybody who's waiting for the new iPhone.... Don't let your dog unbox it :D
    w3jj9.jpeg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Did I not read somewhere that Apple were to include with the iPhone 5 a lightening-to-micro USB connector with their phones to comply with some EU law?

Anyone know what happened there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ah, so more of a 'guideline', than a rule? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

DubDJ wrote: »
    w3jj9.jpeg

Is that yours? How? Why? :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

w3jj9.jpeg

Have you got a contact number for him?
    He might sell me his lightning Cable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^ if that was my dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Saw that on Reddit earlier, hope they have insurance, on the phone AND the dog!!

Dades wrote: »
    Did I not read somewhere that Apple were to include with the iPhone 5 a lightening-to-micro USB connector with their phones to comply with some EU law?

I think it is law, but that every phone manufacturer has to provide a micro USB cable for their phones not include one for free. Apple sell one, so they are in compliance with the EU but they don't give one away for free. You can buy it from the online store.

And no it isn't my Dog thank God, I think it originated from Reddit like said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Dades wrote: »

rememeber reading (think it was on Ubergizmo) that they asked Apple, and Apple connfirmed that they wont be shipping the adapter :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

rubicon99 wrote: »
    rememeber reading (think it was on Ubergizmo) that they asked Apple, and Apple connfirmed that they wont be shipping the adapter :(.

It is available if you want to buy one.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MD820ZM/A/lightning-to-micro-usb-adapter?fnode=45&fs=m.iphoneCompatibility%3Diphone_5

rubicon99 wrote: »

No this is different. That's the 30 pin dock connector to Lightening adapter. That was an error on Apples behalf. Dades was referring to the Dock connector to Micro USB adapter. To cut down on chargers the EU said all phone manufacturers had to adopt the Micro USB standard or offer an adapter for it. Apple sell the adapter. I wouldn't use it but it'd be nice if they included the micro USB adapter.

In relation to cables, I ordered a few accessories from Apple (Including a lighting cable which delayed the order) and my order just shipped. It was originally estimated for shipping between the 4th - 10th. So Apple must be be catching up on the lighting cable production. Ship times will probably drop to less than the 2 weeks advertised now. Could be a factor for the iPhone delays too (hopefully). Wasn't expecting to hear anything till next week tbh. Glad it's shipped early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

boreder wrote: »
    It is available if you want to buy one.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MD820ZM/A/lightning-to-micro-usb-adapter?fnode=45&fs=m.iphoneCompatibility%3Diphone_5[/QUOTE]

know, meant that it wont come bundled with Iphone 5 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Actualy there's already a feature that allows you to report problems in their Maps app. If you click the bottom right corner where you can switch from Satelite to Hybrid etc. your able to click 'Report A Problem'. I've already done it for one or two places.
    Yeah, I know, I've used it myself for a few things. But I think they should give the feature a much more prominent role (for the time being at least), and advertise it as a feature rather than just hiding it away. Where it is now will be fine for occasional use, but currently it needs to be used more than occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Anyone who got the phone from three can you tell me if tethering is working for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

DylanII wrote: »
    Anyone who got the phone from three can you tell me if tethering is working for you?

Defo not working on that dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Inquitus wrote: »
    Defo not working on that dog.

Sh!t, just ordered one from three. Might cancel the order, I have an S3 now which is perfect anyway. AND I had to order the 64gb version on prepay for like €880 because Im already in a contract from the S3.

Would it still be blocked if I purchased direct from apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Wats everyones status on apple.ie for iphone 5, who order late thursday nite? Is yours still processing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    Wats everyones status on apple.ie for iphone 5, who order late thursday nite? Is yours still processing?

Yeah mine hasn't changed since - still "processing" with est delivery 24th-31st Oct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah mine hasn't changed since - still "processing" with est delivery 24th-31st Oct.

Ditto for me and I put my order through Apple.ie as soon as the order process went live.

Advertisement