Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Discussion [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Austin1 wrote: »
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah mine hasn't changed since - still "processing" with est delivery 24th-31st Oct.

Ditto for me and I put my order through Apple.ie as soon as the order process went live.

Tanks for replyin guys. Was just wondering was others status was. Gettin very impatient :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    Tanks for replyin guys. Was just wondering was others status was. Gettin very impatient :(

Don't be expecting it anytime soon :) I'd say at the very earliest it would be 2 weeks until shipping. But being realistic I'd say you'll have it on the 3rd week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

boreder wrote: »
    TBH, I think I'm going to survive on my one cable until word filters back on some of the cheaper third party ones. Could use a couple at least if they work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

cherylxxx2 wrote: »

Your phone hasn't even been made yet. That's why it is still on processing. It will be on that for at least 10 days or so.

When your phone has been made, it will change to "preparing for shipment" where they will be boxing your phone and getting the packaging with your address together etc. That could take 2-5 days.

Then you will get a notification that your phone has been shipped.

Try not to think about it for a week and then come back and change it. It's unlikely to change before then. :)

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Your phone hasn't even been made yet. That's why it is still on processing. It will be on that for at least 10 days or so.

When your phone has been made, it will change to "preparing for shipment" where they will be boxing your phone and getting the packaging with your address together etc. That could take 2-5 days.

Then you will get a notification that your phone has been shipped.

Try not to think about it for a week and then come back and change it. It's unlikely to change before then. :)

I dunno about that. Most iPhones ship from the UK - Ireland. And they're manufactured in China. So most likely once they reach Tamworth they start getting devided up for people's orders. The order then changes to 'preparing for shipment'. For 100% of things I've ordered from Apple in the past (including an iPhone) when it changes to preparing for shipment and within 4-5 hours the order is shipped. And I'd say this time will be no different.

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say maybe around the 18th of October the iPhones will ship. And we'll have them either Friday (19th) or Monday (22nd).
    99% of things I've ordered from Apple have shipped earlier than the expected date given. Even today I got accessories that weren't supposed to be even sent off until tomorrow at the earliest.

We'll have to just wait and see though.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    I dunno about that. Most iPhones ship from the UK - Ireland. And they're manufactured in China. So most likely once they reach Tamworth they start getting devided up for people's orders. The order then changes to 'preparing for shipment'. For 100% of things I've ordered from Apple in the past (including an iPhone) when it changes to preparing for shipment and within 4-5 hours the order is shipped. And I'd say this time will be no different.

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say maybe around the 18th of October the iPhones will ship. And we'll have them either Friday (19th) or Monday (22nd).
    99% of things I've ordered from Apple have shipped earlier than the expected date given. Even today I got accessories that weren't supposed to be even sent off until tomorrow at the earliest.

The ship from the UK after the demand has settled down.

Any new product ships from China because that's where they have been produced.

If they were being shipped from the UK the delivery would be 1 week max.

For e.g. I purchased a 2010 Macbook Pro a few weeks before the 2011 model came out. That shipped from the UK. However, when I returned that and ordered the 2011 model a few days after they were released, they shipped from China.

DubDJ wrote: »

The ship from the UK after the demand has settled down.

Any new product ships from China because that's where they have been produced.

If they were being shipped from the UK the delivery would be 1 week max.

For e.g. I purchased a 2010 Macbook Pro a few weeks before the 2011 model came out. That shipped from the UK. However, when I returned that and ordered the 2011 model a few days after they were released, they shipped from China.

I ordered the iPhone 4 launch day in Ireland and it shipped from Tamworth, UK. Same deal when I ordered the iPad 3 and ATV 3. Nothing has ever shipped from China. Once it went from 'Processing' to 'Preparing for shipment' from morning when it changed it took around 4 hours till I got a dispatch email and it changed to 'shipped'. Logged in, got my tracking no. and first it was 'Order Recieved by UPS' then it dispatched from Tamworth UK.

They get sent to Tanworth on pallets and then from there they get split up for people's orders, that's when it changes from 'Processing' to 'Preparing for Shipment'

So does that mean we might get it earlier than the 24th-31st delivery dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 as1435

Hi, is anyone else experiencing dropped calls on the iPhone 5. Got the phone last friday and since then I have had at least 6 dropped calls and they are all calls that I made. I have the 64gb. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

as1435 wrote: »
    Hi, is anyone else experiencing dropped calls on the iPhone 5. Got the phone last friday and since then I have had at least 6 dropped calls and they are all calls that I made. I have the 64gb. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks

not good for a phone that costs so much looks like apple care more about making money quick and stopped caring about the customers..

get a s3 lol

• Advertisement

So does that mean we might get it earlier than the 24th-31st delivery dates?

Most likely, i'd nearly bet money that it'll ship before the earlier estimate of 3 weeks. I can't see it being as long as 4 weeks, unless some issues pop up in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

steven087 wrote: »
    not good for a phone that costs so much looks like apple care more about making money quick and stopped caring about the customers..

get a s3 lol

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mad muffin wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :pac:

Mactard wrote: »
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :pac:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):pac::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭donaghs

Looking at ordering some myself. But wary of the issues people faced with the iPhone 4. Any other niggles so far with the device? (not the iOS - already using this on the 4S).

donaghs wrote: »
    Looking at ordering some myself. But wary of the issues people faced with the iPhone 4. Any other niggles so far with the device? (not the iOS - already using this on the 4S).

Do a search, the iPhone 5 has the best antenna yet.

Do a search, the iPhone 5 has the best antenna yet.

This really is amazing!

This really is amazing!

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

donaghs wrote: »
    Looking at ordering some myself.
    Plural ? WTF ?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Every so often in mass manufactured devices, stuff doesn't work. You can get it replaced.

• Advertisement

Every so often in mass manufactured devices, stuff doesn't work. You can get it replaced.

So how many iPhones turn to iTards?
    10%? 20%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Probably gonna pull the trigger and pick up an iphone 5 today.

Can anyone tell me if the USB support with various devices should be un-changed. For instance, my headunit in the car, should I expect it to work as before? I'm just thinking about the fact that the USB connection itself has changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭donaghs

iPhone 4 was a disaster in my workplace for people who needed to use it as phone. Customers didn't appreciate constantly being cut-off mid-sentence, and phone bills went up with the amount of re-dialling involved etc. Apple didn't replace the iPhone 4 or the antennae, they denied, then made the "holding it wrong excuse", then grudgingly admitted an issue. No recall or replacement though.

Still keen to get objective iPhone 5 feedback though! Especially from Exchange Activesync users. Unfortunately iOS6 hasn't resolved the Calendar issues some people have faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

quarryman wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the USB support with various devices should be un-changed. For instance, my headunit in the car, should I expect it to work as before? I'm just thinking about the fact that the USB connection itself has changed.
    Quick google suggests that it should work, but it may not.

Apparently some stereos take an analogue audio feed through the USB connector, which the new connector no longer provides. Other stereos take a digital feed and convert the signal themselves, and these stereos will continue to work fine with the new connector.

As far as I can tell, if the cable you connect your iphone with looks like this (aux jack plugged into the stereo), then it won't work. But if it's just your standard USB cable that you use, then it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

seamus wrote: »
    Quick google suggests that it should work, but it may not.

Apparently some stereos take an analogue audio feed through the USB connector, which the new connector no longer provides. Other stereos take a digital feed and convert the signal themselves, and these stereos will continue to work fine with the new connector.

As far as I can tell, if the cable you connect your iphone with looks like this (aux jack plugged into the stereo), then it won't work. But if it's just your standard USB cable that you use, then it should work.

Thanks. Yep, its just a standard USB connection so everything it receives should be just digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

I've had the phone since Saturday and have nothing but positive things to say about it. No dropped calls or any other negatives.

So how many iPhones turn to iTards?
    10%? 20%

I would say 1%

I would say 1%

I'd say less. Millions of iPhone 5's will be manufactured in 2012 and it'll only be a few thousand that will suffer problems. Which is to be expected when mass producing anything. But Apple have very good quality control too so it helps bringing the number of damaged iPhones down. It's not a big deal though, if you do get a new phone that's damaged a quick call to Apple will have a brand new one in your hands.

In a way it's good we have to wait a few weeks for the new iPhone. A lot of the problems on the manufacturing line will probably be resolved by then. And better built phones will start being sent out.

For me I've never had to return anything to Apple or never had problems with anything. Everything I've gotten has worked perfectly right out of the box.

Just went around all the phone shops in Port Laoise. Not one shop has it out on display.

• Advertisement

Just went around all the phone shops in Port Laoise. Not one shop has it out on display.

If your up in Dublin the Meteor shop on Henry Street has the black model on display. Not powered on though I don't think they have a lighting adapter for it lol. It's beside a white 4S so perfect for comparisons too.

Advertisement