Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Sells These (LEDs)?

Options
  • 24-04-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I would be grateful if I could tap into your collective knowledge for a moment. I've had a look at the supplier sticky, but haven't found anyone who looks like they sell the following:

http://www.obrienslighting.com/3w-gu10-led-low-energy.ir?cName=bulbs-lamps-led-lamps

I could order from that link, but was hoping I could find somewhere in the city centre, which would save me paying Mr. Obrien's hefty delivery charge. Alas I don't have wheels so would prefer if anyone knows of somewhere nearish, or in town, that sells them.

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hey lads,

I would be grateful if I could tap into your collective knowledge for a moment. I've had a look at the supplier sticky, but haven't found anyone who looks like they sell the following:

http://www.obrienslighting.com/3w-gu10-led-low-energy.ir?cName=bulbs-lamps-led-lamps

I could order from that link, but was hoping I could find somewhere in the city centre, which would save me paying Mr. Obrien's hefty delivery charge. Alas I don't have wheels so would prefer if anyone knows of somewhere nearish, or in town, that sells them.

Thanks a mil!

LED Group out on Nangor Road.

LED Group
    Western Retail Park
    Nangor Road
    Dublin 12
    Ireland

Allso N&D Electrical Wholesalers too.TEG in Santry sell them too.

Any Electrical wholesalers that sells and deals in Robus should have them,or can get them in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Edmunson's Electrical on the Ballyboggin Road (Glasnevin) had them on special a few weeks back. €5 +vat per bulb I think it was. They are only 20w equivalent, so were no use to me. So I don't know if they are any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pyromania

there crap

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pipsdad

pyromania wrote: »
    there crap

+1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd go for the Phillips Aurora . They are the best I have found.

• Advertisement

The Robus are ok for the likes of external wall lights/porch lights.

Thats all though,not really good for indoor downlighters.

Philips Master LEDs for the win here.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yeah I agree, they are pretty piss. However I think the recessed lighting in my bathroom is designed specifically for them, could be wrong on that point (rented accom means I cant just replace the whole unit).

Anyway thanks for the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Any where in Galway I could source these bulb's or do I need to go thru Amazon? B&Q maybe?

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Any where in Galway I could source these bulb's or do I need to go thru Amazon? B&Q maybe?

You wont get them in BnQ and even then,they would cost a fortune too.:rolleyes:

Advertisement