Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a new phone soon any recommendations

Options
  • 24-04-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a new phone soon as I think its time for an upgrade.
    I'd be willing to spend about 300 euros prepay or sim free only as I'm not a billpay kind of person.
    Anyway I'd like a good smartphone that allows me to use emulators so I can play loads of classic games on the go like psx and n64 and the less powerful ones too, use the internet and apps without any problems too, play max payne and gta 3.
    I had thought of the xperia play but found out nowhere stocks it and it's just too heavy.
    So I was looking at the htc desire S then I saw htc are coming out with HTC one V which has pretty much the same specs.
    The problem with the HTC One V though is the battery can't be replaced so when the lifetime of the battery runs out you're stuck with a brick.
    Am I right in thinking this?
    Anyway would like some recommendations.
    Is the Desire S a good phone?
    Are there any better ones out there you'd recommend?

Comments

Advertisement