Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flu virus

• 24-04-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Is it true that every flu virus is a different strain so therefore there's no way pharmaceutical companies can successfully offer a general vaccine that offers 100% immunisation. So therefore are vaccines a bunch of BS. And I've been told that said pharmaceutical companies might actually be testing new drugs on the unsuspecting population, like them kids after developing narcolepsy...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Conspiracy Theories
    >>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Flat 7-up.

You saw it here first, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Trash Ninja

Me and the missus broke up 3 months ago. 3 friends of mine suffered the same complaint. I call it bird flew.

Um, yeh. That's why it's an annual vaccine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Is it true that every flu virus is a different strain so therefore there's no way pharmaceutical companies can successfully offer a general vaccine that offers 100% immunisation.

Don't think they claim that anyway.
    So therefore are vaccines a bunch of BS. And I've been told that said pharmaceutical companies might actually be testing new drugs on the unsuspecting population, like them kids after developing narcolepsy...

Yup, and if you ever eat a Wham Bar - you were in effect a guinea pig for psychotropic blood-brain barrier penetration experimentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Don't think they claim that anyway.

Yup, and if you ever eat a Wham Bar - you were in effect a guinea pig for psychotropic blood-brain barrier penetration experimentation.

Have I ever told you that when I was a kid, I bit into a Desperate Dan bar and it managed to dislodge a tooth.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Have i ever told you im very fond of onions

Is it true that every flu virus is a different strain so therefore there's no way pharmaceutical companies can successfully offer a general vaccine that offers 100% immunisation. So therefore are vaccines a bunch of BS. And I've been told that said pharmaceutical companies might actually be testing new drugs on the unsuspecting population, like them kids after developing narcolepsy...

Please, tell us more of your fascinating insights into molecular immunology.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭noddyflavin

I preferred Time Bars h'actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

And I've been told that said pharmaceutical companies might actually be testing new drugs on the unsuspecting population, like them kids after developing narcolepsy...
    No, but they do grow vaccines inside of eggs. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Fart wrote: »
    Have I ever told you that when I was a kid, I bit into a Desperate Dan bar and it managed to dislodge a tooth.

Yeah, you always tell me that sure - especially when drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I never get the vaccine, and I haven't got the flu in about 3 years, before that I can't remember when I last had it.

I find eating healthy and having a good sleep pattern is the best prevention to most stuff.

And Flat 7-Up, it's healing powers are magical. Every time I watch Ray Mears and he is in some jungle searching for a natural herbal medicine I always imagine him digging up the roots of a rare tropical plant to find a bottle of flat 7-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

This is how Aids started, from junkies sharing flu vaccine.

44leto wrote: »
    This is how Aids started, from junkies sharing flu vaccine.

Ah come on ffs! We all know aids was started by sexy monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

What happened to that Flu that was going to kill us all, kill us all I tell you.

In truth, it hasn't really went away and is still lurking.

The Flu virus is evolution in action so it is hard to get a single vaccine for this ever changing virus. But they are getting there.

But they will never cure the manflu, the real scourge of us men-folk, perhaps all that nasty pathogen needs is sympathetic, more understanding and less heartless women, so it is hopeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

For treatment of cold and flu, we sell all the cr@p 'pain relief' rubbish, in Italy the cold medications are amazing, one in particular does make you quite drowsy, but after about 4-6 hours sleep you wake feeling brilliant, and yes it's got the same effect when you've a cold in Ireland, it's not just nice weather clearing it.

In regards to flu, I would never take a vaccine, it's never known the full effect it has on people until years later, like the children who were born with deformed limbs over another vaccine in the mothers system.

44leto wrote: »
    But they will never cure the manflu,

Shhhhh, ffs. Do not not speak of the illness that shall not be named lest you infect us all. These are dark times, dark times indeed.

Advertisement