Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

zombie apocalypse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    no dont need it checked had a new fuel pump recently getting new plugs and starter is fine and ive had a number of jeeps over the years and it would take me a full tank to get to say ballymun (Ikea) and back to southside of the city so im not worried there. On a side note its a full tank to empty so say a total round trip of 340 miles on the clock and thats about what i get out of a tank.
    All of them are if you ask me there is many stops on the main motorway that you can get on and get off without paying:rolleyes:

i dont go quite that far back into Dublin. its a complete joke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CQB Airsoft

Faolchu wrote: »
    why am i not surprised. :D of course if you disagreed with him i'd suspect your business partners would be wanting a quiet word with you :D

Yeah you'd have to assume they wouldn't be to happy with me alright :P

On a side note the bias modding that goes on here is getting very boring, we have reported certain posts but you can bet that nothing will be done because the mods and certain posters are all little friends, this is why boards has been going down hill over the last while and losing paying customer after paying customer and is now a virtual ghost town with little or no interesting conversations happening other than regurgitated crap that has been talked to death. Tis a very sad situation for all of us that have been using boards for years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cool Breeze

andy_g wrote: »
    Off-topic post's have been removed these will be reviewed by the mod team.

Any further advertising post's will be removed and offenders will be warned/infracted this is not the site's sub fora if you wish to use it you have threads there.

Cqb Airsoft and Hrta please take any disputes to pm and not the puplic forum.

I found this GIF of a Zombie throwing a grenade: it's totally on topic...
    tumblr_leot0ybAtm1qdlkgg.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

C0RPS3R wrote: »
    Why the **** is this still up?
    For **** sake mods cop the **** on.
    You can't be taking one side in all of this, you are supposed to be impartial.

Thermo your just **** stirring in this whole thing. You and Andy G need to stop being a twats and play this evenly.

Your post sums up why the picture is very apt and entirely justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dracimus

Lemming wrote: »
    Your post sums up why the picture is very apt and entirely justified.

Explain how the picture of people with torches posted before the mods issue in any way sums up how the picture is justified? were all entitled to opinions and expressing them, the mods removed anything off topic which the pic is and didnt remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

boards.ie is everything that is wrong with airsoft in this country.

Dracimus wrote: »
    Explain how the picture of people with torches posted before the mods issue in any way sums up how the picture is justified? were all entitled to opinions and expressing them, the mods removed anything off topic which the pic is and didnt remove it.

yes, you are entitled to express an opinion. That comes with responsibility. And I would categorise hurling abuse at the mods as requiring accountability for your "opinion".

As for the picture; a poster made their own personal opinion on why they felt another site would be better as a zombie apocalypse game, and a group of - obviously Vacant fans - other posters took that as a personal slight and rounded on the poster in question. The purile, childish abuse that got hurled at the mods last night regarding the picture should have resulted in a serious mod-stamp on this thread but the same behaviour is now continuing. The picture is very apt owing the pathetic behaviour on show.

Edit: if I were still a mod, I would have descended like the wrath of f*cking god almighty on this thread after last night's carry-on. I'm very surprised the mods have not already done so.

joe stodge wrote: »
    boards.ie is everything that is wrong with airsoft in this country.

Boards.ie is not the problem. People are the problem. Like every other problem with the country. Or any country for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Evade

I had Vacant on my list of sites to visit during the Summer but given the attitudes of some of it's regulars I think I'll go somewhere else.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    I had Vacant on my list of sites to visit during the Summer but given the attitudes of some of it's regulars I think I'll go somewhere else.

Well now even if you absolutely disagree with the opinions or attitudes of four or five people who play there you could still like the place and the other lot of people who play there. I'd say you'd love the lads if you met them too.

You can't actually judge anything by something so trivial as a disagreement on a forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Same. I know Brian and the lads from the warehouse, but the clientele and their behavior on here just put me off. You'd swear they'd never played airsoft anywhere else, and you'd probably be right :-/

That, and the threats of violence I've gotten over PM. That's always a clincher for me, sitewise. Call me fussy.

gerrowadat wrote: »

Same. I know Brian and the lads from the warehouse, but the clientele and their behavior on here just put me off. You'd swear they'd never played airsoft anywhere else, and you'd probably be right :-/

That, and the threats of violence I've gotten over PM. That's always a clincher for me, sitewise. Call me fussy.

Actually all of our lads have played Bellurgan, red barn, fingal, the compound and loads more. That's a silly comment.

I am Brian and I fail to see any poor behavior from myself or many others here, some have gone overboard slightly yes but sure how does that represent the site?

Dave your a smart guy and know better than to judge a site by one or two of it's players mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭C0RPS3R

I would have descended like the wrath of f*cking god almighty on this thread after last night's carry-on..

You'd know you were a mod, with an opinion of yourself like that, you'd have to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭C0RPS3R

Actually all of our lads have played Bellurgan, red barn, fingal, the compound and loads more. That's a silly comment.

I am Brian and I fail to see any poor behavior from myself or many others here, some have gone overboard slightly yes but sure how does that represent the site?

Dave your a smart guy and know better than to judge a site by one or two of it's players mate.

Not one person here, including vacant players, non-vacant players and even the mods, are the same outside of forums.
    If you met the vacant lads you might love them, and hell, some of us might even be able to stomach Andy G enough some time to have a pint.

The point is don't let this **** mar your view of Vacant, it has nothing to do with the site at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

if you've received threats over pm you should report or name them. that's a pretty big elephant you are leaving in the room Dave. and if you would explain what threats are being made it could be reported to the proper authorities.

• Advertisement

it's all in good humour sunshine ;)

Vacant is an amazing airsoft venue: the best zombie airsoft event in Europe.

yes, you are entitled to express an opinion. That comes with responsibility. And I would categorise hurling abuse at the mods as requiring accountability for your "opinion".

As for the picture; a poster made their own personal opinion on why they felt another site would be better as a zombie apocalypse game, and a group of - obviously Vacant fans - other posters took that as a personal slight and rounded on the poster in question. The purile, childish abuse that got hurled at the mods last night regarding the picture should have resulted in a serious mod-stamp on this thread but the same behaviour is now continuing. The picture is very apt owing the pathetic behaviour on show.

Edit: if I were still a mod, I would have descended like the wrath of f*cking god almighty on this thread after last night's carry-on. I'm very surprised the mods have not already done so.

unless you are here to post about zombies and airsoft, you're on the wrong thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I like zombies. If I was a zombie, I would be one of these because I think they look really cool. My favourite is the one with the hat. It looks like it would protect me from bbs which is nice. I think this would be good because it could be played using only wwii era weapons and that would be a nice change.
    zombie_nazis.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Can't the original poster ask a Mod to Lock this thread as it is so far over the line, you can't even see the line, the line's a dot... :D:D:D

Speaking of Airsoft and Zombie Games, I saw this and it sums up my feelings on it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

• Advertisement

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    Can't the original poster ask a Mod to Lock this thread as it is so far over the line, you can't even see the line, the line's a dot... :D:D:D

Speaking of Airsoft and Zombie Games, I saw this and it sums up my feelings on it all...

I can't believe you played that card man, thats low :(:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Evade

Yeah, personal abuse and insults are all in good humour[/SARCASM]

Vacant is an amazing airsoft venue: the best zombie airsoft event in Europe.
    In your opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

If you are all such nice people, why is there such vitriol displayed here. The above display is quite juvenile and does Vacant no favours as a site.

He obviously mean't that in a funny way dude.
    Dogwatch wrote: »
    If you are all such nice people, why is there such vitriol displayed here. The above display is quite juvenile and does Vacant no favours as a site.

As said so many times already you can't actually judge a site on 4 players that frequent it and you can't even judge them by a couple of comments on a forum.

In your opinion.

unless you have something positive to add to this thread about zombies and/or airsoft, then you're you're lost sunshine ;)

Dogwatch wrote: »

nice flaming there sunshine ;)

this thread is about zombies and airsoft: is it 'computer friday' in the special school or something?

fyi, btw, you will need a sense of humour if you're considering attending a zombie airsoft event: and a 'can-do' attitude to match ;)

the moment you can't laugh at something: it defeats you (for example, a horde of undead)

this thread is about zombies and airsoft: is it 'computer friday' in the special school or something?

I guess I could have been wrong :o

i-can-count-to-potato.png

i-can-count-to-potato.png

now that photo captures precisely the 'can-do' attitude required when battling zombies!
    such raw enthusiasm!

• Advertisement

Jebus Crisps lads !!!!

He obviously mean't that in a funny way dude.

Welcome to the world of written text, where what you mean is not always what you write. All of the name calling I've seen on this thread so far, from the Vacant regulars I should add, have not come across as "in a funny way" and has been in fact out-and-out abusive.

As said so many times already you can't actually judge a site on 4 players that frequent it and you can't even judge them by a couple of comments on a forum.

Yes you can, and people judge on much, much less in the real world. Consider that this thread has just become a poster child for showing Vacant's clientele and a couple of potential customers have decided to avoid visiting owning to the picture portrayed, I would be sitting up and paying attention.

For the record, you can add me to that list of potential customers who are disinclined to now visit the site. I have better ways to spend my time, money, & efforts to travel than running the very real & perceived risk of having to deal with juvenile sh*te.

Lemming are you not barred from eh, everywere?

Welcome to the world of written text, where what you mean is not always what you write. All of the name calling I've seen on this thread so far, from the Vacant regulars I should add, have not come across as "in a funny way" and has been in fact out-and-out abusive.

Yes you can, and people judge on much, much less in the real world. Consider that this thread has just become a poster child for showing Vacant's clientele and a couple of potential customers have decided to avoid visiting owning to the picture portrayed, I would be sitting up and paying attention.

For the record, you can add me to that list of potential customers who are disinclined to now visit the site. I have better ways to spend my time, money, & efforts to travel than running the very real & perceived risk of having to deal with juvenile sh*te.

I agree some of what they are saying is obviously coming across absolutely wrong, they are all quite insane and have no sense of what is pc at all but thats why I laugh a million times a day so what can I do?

Truth be told I never expected nor tried to attain your custom dude because I understand you were in that group of airsofter that believes a lot of stuff about our venue that isn't true like full auto everywhere (Plus don't you live in England?) e.t.c so sure no loss but as for Evade well what can I do about that either, I'm not in charge of anyone outside my site so if you or anyone else cares to judge our site by the fact that your taking a couple of lad's (who don't officially represent Vacant but are really cool people) sense of humour up wrong then sure.......

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dracimus

Lemming this is Irish Airsoft boards, arent you based in England? if so why are you commenting on boards that honestly dont apply to you?

The collection of humourless drysh1tes on this forum is unreal, no wonder the only reason I post here is when I'm taking the piss.

I agree some of what they are saying is obviously coming across absolutely wrong, they are all quite insane and have no sense of what is pc at all but thats why I laugh a million times a day so what can I do?

Ask them to stop dragging your site/company/whatever name through a puddle of mud perhaps? I appreciate what you're saying, but at the end of the day they've been spouting off stuff that really isn't funny but out and out abusive whilst you're standing by and by lack of action appear to be saying "fine lads, carry on as you are".

Bottom line, it's your business that suffers at the end of the day if you don't do anything about it. The fact that they have no sense of cop-on doesn't encourage anyone wondering what the place is like because an airsoft site isn't just made or broken on its own merits, but its clientele & staff too.
    Truth be told I never expected nor tried to attain your custom dude because I understand you were in that group of airsofter that believes a lot of stuff about our venue that isn't true like full auto everywhere (Plus don't you live in England?) e.t.c so sure no loss but as for Evade well what can I do about that either, I'm not in charge of anyone outside my site so if you or anyone else cares to judge our site by the fact that your taking a couple of lad's (who don't officially represent Vacant but are really cool people) sense of humour up wrong then sure.......

I've never spoken out against Vacant before, and if I recall, it was after FireKitten mentioned semi-auto only at our local site [Brit-Tac in South Yorkshire] that you mentioned trying that rule out at the Office Block and being very happy with the results.

It also doesn't matter what country I live in; I do happen to travel back and forth given that I'm only a couple of hundred miles away, not in the depths of Antartica.

But since you're inclined to write me off on location, I do get asked quite a lot about sites to visit in Ireland by players over here. I really am not inclined to even mention Vacant after reading all of this. I'm one person and you've said as much that one customer isn't a big deal to you. But recommendations or advice to avoid counts for multiples of one customer, regardless of whether they're in Dublin, Cork, another country, or the moon. As I've said already, your business is not coming out well from this thread which is a pity as I had the site on my list of sites to visit when next home with airsoft kit, but as good as a site may be, if the players are acting like children and the staff seem disinterested in how theplayers are carrying on, it's not worth the effort. Your loss, not mine.

Bottom line, it's your business that suffers at the end of the day if you don't do anything about it. The fact that they have no sense of cop-on doesn't encourage anyone wondering what the place is like because an airsoft site isn't just made or broken on its own merits, but its clientele & staff too.

Once again I am just a poster here dude and don't think I have a right to tell the lads what to say or what not to say (though I have already gently asked that we leave it alone). Again I just want to point out that they are just being funny, well bar Joe but then noone likes Joe anyway!
    I've never spoken out against Vacant before, and if I recall, it was after FireKitten mentioned semi-auto only at our local site [Brit-Tac in South Yorkshire] that you mentioned trying that rule out at the Office Block and being very happy with the results.

It also doesn't matter what country I live in; I do happen to travel back and forth given that I'm only a couple of hundred miles away, not in the depths of Antartica.

This is true, your other half did provide some good wisdom on things as she always does and I apologize if I took things up wrong regarding your position there but I didn't actually mean offence, just thought thats the way it was.
    But since you're inclined to write me off on location, I do get asked quite a lot about sites to visit in Ireland by players over here. I really am not inclined to even mention Vacant after reading all of this. I'm one person and you've said as much that one customer isn't a big deal to you. But recommendations or advice to avoid counts for multiples of one customer, regardless of whether they're in Dublin, Cork, another country, or the moon. As I've said already, your business is not coming out well from this thread which is a pity as I had the site on my list of sites to visit when next home with airsoft kit, but as good as a site may be, if the players are acting like children and the staff seem disinterested in how theplayers are carrying on, it's not worth the effort. Your loss, not mine.

I'm not inclined to write you or anyone else off but I can't control it if someone decides to get a bad opinion of me or my business from their opinion of someone else.

If only Brian had an unholy moderator hammer of lunatic law laying justice to lay down some almighty wrath upon us...? :D:D:D

As in impartial observer here I'd just like to point out a few things. Brian and Arisoft Reloaded have been spearheading the airsoft community for many a year and at no point have I ever heard anything from him regarding this sport that has been anti-airsoft or would bring the game and/or legislation surroudning it, into jeopardy or a bad light.

I don't think Brian or Airsoft Reloaded can or should be held responsible for anyone else's comments or actions here on this forum or elsewhere.

I'm sure that a number of those commenting on this thread also play in other sites like The Barn or Fingal so are they too corrupte? Or does it just apply to Vacant who spend countless hours and sleepless nights breeding those Vacantites to troll here.

Lemming your actions and words scream like my two year old son when he throws his toys from the pram. Grow a pair and grow up son.

This thread has gone way off topic and I for one would implore Mods to lock and/or delete it.

MATTHEW 15:14

• Advertisement

Mods dont care about this thread because its vacant everyone is talking about, had it had been any other site this would have been closed and deleted yesterday.

Lemming your actions and words scream like my two year old son when he throws his toys from the pram. Grow a pair and grow up son.

I have a pair already thanks. These boots are very comfy. Thank you for enquiring, very thoughtful of you.

But back to matters; so, pointing out a few facts on the matter before then offering personal opinion on top of said facts is "screaming like a two year old"? I see.

Well might I suggest that you attend some parenting classes because your lack of observational skills appears dire and your two year old son is probably screaming his head off because you're standing on his toes.

I Lol'd @ Lonewolf's and Lemming's comments :D:D:p

Damn just remembered I don't have any kids but yeah my point remains.

On a side note wasn't there a photograph doing the rounds of a "Firekitten" posing with some AEG's somewhat seductively? Purely coincidental I'm sure...

Anyway dude Keep it real out there in the big bad world, feel free to drop back in from time to time. You are a valued boards user and your opinon is important to us.......... BAHAHAHA :D:D:D HAHHAHA :D:D:D:D HAHHAHHAAA

..!..

I have a pair already thanks. These boots are very comfy. Thank you for enquiring, very thoughtful of you.

But back to matters; so, pointing out a few facts on the matter before then offering personal opinion on top of said facts is "screaming like a two year old"? I see.

Well might I suggest that you attend some parenting classes because your lack of observational skills appears dire and your two year old son is probably screaming his head off because you're standing on his toes.

If nothing else on this thread the mods should at aleast stop those videos being posted.

"we're no strangers to loooovveee!"

• Advertisement

"we're no strangers to loooovveee!"

Rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry to sound like a schoolteacher here, but, the following people need to argue their case for reinstatement of their posting privileges in Airsoft.

They can do so in the DRP forum.

The moderation here is lenient, but, it seems, some people cannot recognise that and insist on stepping over the line.

Welcome to our benevolent dictatorship. :)

The following users are banned permanently until they can convince myself or my superiors that they are worthy of having an opinion here:

Mister TETRA
    Cool Breeze
    SpektorDyl
    C0RPS3R

Argue with my decision on-thread at your peril, DRP and PM are your friends. :)

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Well, if this thread was anything, it was entertaining to say the least:p

Go be entertained on the Celcius CTW thread :D:D:D

Steve wrote: »
    Sorry to sound like a schoolteacher here, but, the following people need to argue their case for reinstatement of their posting privileges in Airsoft.

They can do so in the DRP forum.

The moderation here is lenient, but, it seems, some people cannot recognise that and insist on stepping over the line.

Welcome to our benevolent dictatorship. :)

The following users are banned permanently until they can convince myself or my superiors that they are worthy of having an opinion here:

Mister TETRA
    Cool Breeze
    SpektorDyl
    C0RPS3R

Argue with my decision on-thread at your peril, DRP and PM are your friends. :)

Thanks.
    Thank god for that. Im glad they are all perma banned, now how many people are left here who aren't friends with a mod? Think must be the last one!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement