Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Laptop Advice Consumer Rights

Options
  • 24-04-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello I am here to inquiry about a faulty laptop that i have bought from Pc World. I bought a HP Pavilion g6 on the 9th of September 2011. Sometime in Feburary of 2012 the laptop started making loud noises so i brought it back and I want to know from Consumer Rights am I allowed a refund but i was refused a refund and had to send it away to get repaired but when I got it back 2/3 weeks later the same problem came back. What am I entitled to now? am entitled to a refund??.

Thanks in Advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Its a "Grey area" the product sold should be fit for its purpose which clearly its not.
    The Retailer has a right to offer Repair, Replace or Refund and as long as they do one of them then they are covered.

However its already been repaired and obviously its a fault with the computer so I would write up a letter and hand deliver it for the attention of the Manager requesting that they exchange the product with one of similar value because you have not a hope of getting a refund. Tell them in the letter that you are requesting a reply by way of letter or email within 7 days of the date on the letter and failing this you will refer the matter to Consumer rights together with the small claims court.

If they dont reply than take em to the SCC which will only cost a few euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dmeaney92

ya ill do anything at this stage. The laptop is not even a year old. I really do not want to let this go and waste money on another laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dmeaney, pc world have their own section on this site and from personal experience they are excellent to deal with. Perhaps post this over there or even if a mod could move it for you. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

The Op already posted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Jarren wrote: »
    The Op already posted there.

ahhh, indeed he did. . . . never mind

• Advertisement
Advertisement