Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boring things you think are amazing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sky King wrote: »
    Maps. Love em. Ever since I was a kid. I love maps, would spend ages just looking at them.

+1 on this.

Also planning trips on google maps (no matter whether I'm going to take them or not). Also looking up places I've been / am going to on google sreet view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Watching the pc screen while de-fragging:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Wind turbines!

"Ruining the landscape" Pfffffffft...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Intresting stones. Just the interesting ones mind not ones that are obviously boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Maps. Love em. Ever since I was a kid. I love maps, would spend ages just looking at them.

I love maps too. Especially those really detailed maps that show individual standing stones, ancient burial sites and old train tunnels. So cool.

Torches too. I was absolutely fascinated by torches as a kid and I still like the things. I bought another torch recently from LIDL with a screwdriver and pen-knife on the handle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Maps are fascinating things, almost pieces of representative art with a history to match. The world is in maps in more ways then geological.

I use to have a little atlas which showed the different empires through the ages, from Egypt to the Soviet empire, I must have looked at it 100s of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I had an atlas too and would spend hours looking at it. That blew my ma's mind... I remember her saying 'how on earth can you read an atlas?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Mashed potato. I think I could eat it every day. You can eat so many things with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The historic maps on the OS website are one of the best things ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

for some reason i have a fascination with Dublin Bus ever since i moved here that was 3 years ago

i dont know why i just like knowing which buses go where

and maps and google maps also i just seem to like staring at them and finding out getting from one place to another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Seeing attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

Watching C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

mickrock wrote: »
    Seeing attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

Watching C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

Ahh

Fret not
    All those moments will be lost in time,

like tears in rain.

When its time to die. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭libnation

Ironing is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

libnation wrote: »
    Ironing is great

my sister in law apperantly takes ironing 'very seriously'

I like maps too

boring and uncool? choral singing I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

when i hear in a few years wireless electricity will be common

Wireless electricity?

just cannot get my small brain around that concept.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Where To wrote: »
    Well AHers, ages since I started a thread here as they mostly get locked, wonder why.

Futtering about on boards touch here and I managed to PM myself, totallly freaked me out!

What mundanely everyday things fascinate you?

The programme 4 Rooms on Channel 4.

Some guy walks into a room and tries to sell something.

Sometimes they buy sometimes they don't.

Sounds boring, but I think it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

Train journeys, If I could travel everywhere by train, I would!

justified wrote: »

Oh yeah, if only trains could fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Cleaning -all of it. The washing, scrubbing, organising, throwing things out -it literally makes my head feel clearer. Then sitting back at the end, admiring how great the place looks and feeling immensely satisfied with your handywork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

I go through phases of being interested in minor historical events and the odd time, different countries.

I've been fascinated about North Korea for a few years now. It's such a secretive country and I'm always interested in videos and pictures of it. I used to think that NO ONE could visit or leave, until I found out that they love tourism.

I'm also fascinated by old stock footage of Ireland. The older, the closer to home, the better. British Pathee are amazing for it.

And I make it my business to know a little bit of history about EVERY country. It's amazing talking to foreigners from obscure areas and having something to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

mawk wrote: »
    its an awful lot closer to being nothing

I'd say it's as much one as it is the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

justified wrote: »
    Yes, bring back zeppelins. Flying trains. A more elegant mode of travel from a more civilised age. Except for the nazis and such. Still, pretty elegant.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

fuppin magnets, how do they work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Bubblewrap!

the beach, not the movie :pac:

long walks in the sunshine, just feels good to be alive tbh

jesus i sound like im writing a poem or some very brainwashing book there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Oceans spanning beyond my sight
    And a million stars way above em at night
    We don't have to be high to look in the sky
    And know that's a miracle opened wide
    Look at the mountains, trees, the seven seas
    And everything chilling underwater, please
    Hot lava, snow, rain and fog
    Long neck giraffes, and pet cats and dogs
    And I've seen eighty-five thousand people
    All in one room, together as equals
    Pure magic is the birth of my kids
    I've seen **** that'll shock your eyelids
    The sun and the moon, and even Mars
    The Milky Way and ****ing shooting stars
    UFOs, a river flows
    Plant a little seed and nature grows
    Niagara falls and the pyramids
    Everything you believed in as kids
    ****ing rainbows after it rains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Arrows - arrows that point to things. I like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    I go through phases of being interested in minor historical events and the odd time, different countries.

I've been fascinated about North Korea for a few years now. It's such a secretive country and I'm always interested in videos and pictures of it. I used to think that NO ONE could visit or leave, until I found out that they love tourism.

I'm also fascinated by old stock footage of Ireland. The older, the closer to home, the better. British Pathee are amazing for it.

And I make it my business to know a little bit of history about EVERY country. It's amazing talking to foreigners from obscure areas and having something to talk about.

Thanks for the link. It's fierce tempting to buy a North Korean t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

MY p*nis. wait no, it's not boring it's a work of modern art! ;) gigiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

FinnLizzy wrote: »

I really, really wanted to get my buddy a signed Kim Jong Il photo for his birthday a few years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

stoneill wrote: »
    Arrows - arrows that point to things. I like them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Arrow thread is that way! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Guill wrote: »
    Good point, also, why is the inside of a microwave not hot when you open the door?? Unexplainable!

Because the vibration of the atoms caused by the radiation is the reason the food heats up.

The friction is what heats the food up. I think that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Society. I don't understand how it hasn't collapsed yet. I'm amazed how well behaved people are in general when we could just wake up in the morning and decide to kill 20 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

The 'other side' of the pillow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

The seemingly endless source of belly button fluff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

The seemingly endless source of belly button fluff

How deep is your belly button?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

The international date line. I mean you cross it and it's a different day...it blows my mind!

But when I talk about it to people, they don't generally find the conversation too interesting :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

COYW wrote: »
    Taking off in planes and the Amish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

crazygeryy wrote: »
    An airplane.how something so ****ing humongus can get off the ground its amazing to watch.

Same, but I think the mind-fcuking part come into play because we don't see anything really moving on it from a distance.

Now, if the wings were to flap up and down really fast, I would not think of it twice:P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Watching washing being blown by the wind on the washing line in the sunshine.
    I'm a simple person:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

codrulz wrote: »
    MY p*nis. wait no, it's not boring it's a work of modern art! ;) gigiddy
    still life ?

Jethro Tull.
    You're just living in the past.

Lawn Bowls, I don't look out for it, but anytime I happen to turn it on hours go by and i am still watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

How deep is your belly button?

What the Gibbs wanted to write all along. Lyrics make a lot more sense that way, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

The font used on road signs.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Poirot, the only interesting Belgian man ever
    Jean Claude Van Damme dressed as Tintin ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I find Ear To The Ground to be 30 minutes of enthralling television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

44leto wrote: »
    Lawn Bowls, I don't look out for it, but anytime I happen to turn it on hours go by and i am still watching.

I watched it for a good while once, it looks surprisingly hard! Not much room for error and the way the ball curves in. In an alternate universe, crown green bowls is the world wide sport that the best players get paid 100k a week to play, and have stadiums with 90k people watching a match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

Air travel and the internet. Continues to amaze me.

Advertisement