Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain on the books

• 24-04-2012 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Just ordered the 1st 3 books of the series. Easons are doing a 3 for the price of 2 on all Game of Thrones books, and currently have a 20% off promo code on the front of the site. Free delivery on orders over €10 as well, so I got all 3 books for €13.72 delivered.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Anyone wrote: »
    Just ordered the 1st 3 books of the series. Easons are doing a 3 for the price of 2 on all Game of Thrones books, and currently have a 20% off promo code on the front of the site. Free delivery on orders over €10 as well, so I got all 3 books for €13.72 delivered.

Woah, What?

I just bought two books in Easons for €19.60, Saw no sign of 3 for the price of 2! Is this definitie before I go flying back over to them ?

Edit: Just saw it online.....

I'll see if I can bring these back and make use of this offer.

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Really good deal alright. Maybe this should be posted in bargain alerts too if it hasn't already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Anyone wrote: »

Cheers just ordered the 2 volumes of part three and part 4, €5 each delivered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

It was already posted in bargain alerts re the discount code.

I got parts 2,3 and 4 for 13.98,delivered within 5 days of ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Darn, the 9euro delivery to up north took the shine off the bargain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Does anyone know if the books are 3 for 2 in the bricks and mortar easons as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Just to let people know the books are priced at €12.25 or so with 20% off so definitely much better value to buy off the Easons site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ordered 3 last week with the 3 for 2, then got the next 3 with a 10% coupon they sent me.o3ssM.jpg?2
    Delighted! Still waiting on the last book though, managed to get Dance with Dragons in 1 Volume..shall be a beast when it arrives!

I'm halfway through the first book..very faithful to the TV show! I'm re-watching it alongside the books to compare!...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Just ordered the last three books for under €15.

I got the 3 for 2 offer and there is 15%off this weekend when you use this code - PA5973A. :D

• Advertisement

For anyone else thinking of buying the books off of Easons -
    Got this in an e-mail today.

"SECRET SALE
    Get €5 off any order over €20
    To get your €5 off, enter the following promo
    code at the checkout:
    TE7167A"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

The ADWD PT 1 and PT 2 paperbacks are only £3.86 each on amazon and qualify for free super saver delivery

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's another secret sale for a fiver off on at the moment. Just got A Clash of Kings & A storm of Swords Part 1 & 2 for €14.60

Code is KQ5527A

Easons finally delivered the last book.

eNktI.gif

Maybe I should have got it in two volumes!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Balls :mad: I'm a moron, got the books in the post, before I even realised it I had read the first 4 or 5 words of the blurb on Storm of Swords part 2:
    Though Robb Stark is now king of the North....
    *procedes to bang head against brick wall*

I've been afraid to look at the back of any of the books for fear of whatever it is that might lie behind your spoiler text!

Read the first hundred pages of A Game of Thrones today. Its fleshing everything out nicely so far, highly recommend reading it after you've watched season 1! Will be tough to resist reading storm of swords until after season 3 airs I have to say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Balls :mad: I'm a moron, got the books in the post, before I even realised it I had read the first 4 or 5 words of the blurb on Storm of Swords part 2:
    Though Robb Stark is now king of the North....
    *procedes to bang head against brick wall*

Colour me confused. Won't you know this having watched series 1 or have you not done so yet?

mewso wrote: »
    Colour me confused. Won't you know this having watched series 1 or have you not done so yet?

No, I took it to mean he's "officially"
    king of the north
    by that point of book 3. So far in the show he's only
    king of the north in the eyes of the northerners, he won't really be king of the north until he's recognised as such by the king in kings landing I thought? And in that case he comes out of the battle at the end of season 2 pretty well and doesn't get killed
    :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Do you want me to answer that? Best not I think.

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    Do you want me to answer that? Best not I think.

No, sure don't, that gives me hope that I didn't ruin much on myself at all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Read the first hundred pages of A Game of Thrones today. Its fleshing everything out nicely so far, highly recommend reading it after you've watched season 1! Will be tough to resist reading storm of swords until after season 3 airs I have to say.

Some really big changes happen in A Storm Of Swords, so it will boil down to whether you want to wait to see them happen onscreen or see them in your imagination sooner.

ASOS Is probably, imho anyway, the best book (or two books if you bought it as parts one and two :)) in the series, although will have to see what the final two books (or even three if some of GRRM's comments come true) bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

For those thinking of buying the books, Amazon.co.uk will be selling the 7 book set (Volumes 1-5) from July 12th and it is available for £29.99 on pre order and has free P&P to Ireland.

Their prices on the books individually right now are pretty good as well as the range from £3.86 to £5.89 on paperback.

Any Amazon.co.uk order over £25 gets free p&P to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Kess73 wrote: »
    For those thinking of buying the books, Amazon.co.uk will be selling the 7 book set (Volumes 1-5) from July 12th and it is available for £29.99 on pre order and has free P&P to Ireland.

Their prices on the books individually right now are pretty good as well as the range from £3.86 to £5.89 on paperback.

Any Amazon.co.uk order over £25 gets free p&P to Ireland.

Will wait for this me thinks!

Advertisement