Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks/TGI Fridays for Bewley's Westmoreland Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Is it just me or do people over romanticise over Bewleys? My memory of it was the breakfasts were'nt great. The same kind of thing as you get in any poor to average hotel, mass produced with average produce. Food wasn’t cheap either. Same kind of thing you could get these days in a Dunnes Stores Café of the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My memories don't always take the shape of in-depth consumer reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Is it just me or do people over romanticise over Bewleys? My memory of it was the breakfasts were'nt great. The same kind of thing as you get in any poor to average hotel, mass produced with average produce. Food wasn’t cheap either. Same kind of thing you could get these days in a Dunnes Stores Café of the like.

You're quite right, we had one in Galway too and it was very canteeny.... pickup a tray and go to several counters and the like. Chairs were really uncomfortable and the place was echoey and thus extremely loud, Not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Give me a Starbucks over an empty building anytime. And they're popular for a reason. They provide a place for people to just hang out, instead of in a pub.

If people want something different, that's adds culturally to our city, why not open a shop yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Clanket wrote: »
    They provide a place for people to just hang out, instead of in a pub.

They also stay open reasonably late, which makes a nice change when you just want to sit and chat with people or you're waiting for something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement