Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW TO GET TO THE AIRPORT

Options
  • 24-04-2012 10:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16

Hello :)

I have a flight from Dublin at 11.30am on Saturday morning. I am trying to figure out the best way to get there on time.

I have the option of getting a bus that arrives at Red Cow (9am) then Westmoreland street (9.30). Are these far away from the airport? OR are they far away from a bus stop that brings you to the airport?

Would I just be better off getting the train up and the airport express bus from Heuston?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

If you get to Westmoreland Street you can get an Aircoach from their to the airport. You'll need to check the times though to make sure you get to the airport on time.

Have a look at the Aircoach website for starters and see how you go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

http://dublincoach.ie/timetables-and-fares/portlaoise-to-dublin-airport

This crowd might suit you better as they go directly from the Red Cow to the Airport on the M50.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Snowflake13

Thanks guys! Gonna check both those out times wise! Whats the number of the bus that goes from Heuston to the airport or is it a vibrant colour that can't be missed?! ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thanks guys! Gonna check both those out times wise! Whats the number of the bus that goes from Heuston to the airport or is it a vibrant colour that can't be missed?! ha :)

It does a little bit of a tour around the centre (I though it just belted straight for the port tunnel and airport), but it's plenty quick all the same.

If there's a bus available from the Red Cow around the M50, that would be by far your speediest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PeterHughes

You can also get the 747 from Heuston direct to the airport. Stops a couple of times in the city center and busaras but fairly quick overall.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/7471/

Costs €6 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Snowflake, it would help if you said where you were starting out from. For all I know, you could be coming from Killarney.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Snowflake13

Hey Boulevardier, I know how to get to Dublin, I've checked all my options , it's the getting from the various areas in Dublin to Dublin airport that I have the trouble with :)

Thanks everyone for all your help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Boulevardier has a point, maybe there is a bus, private or public, which goes straight to the airport from your location without the need to stop in the city centre.

Advertisement